Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

AS and HU (Hainan) Partnership CONFIRMED!!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 22, 2015, 7:07 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: DrAlex
Everything you need to know about the Hainan Partnership

Earnings Chart

Click here for Link to Earning Chart

Eligible flight numbers: 0401-0499, 0700-0799, 7000-7999 (subject to change)

*eff 12/19/16 all revenue fare classes earn at least 25%. You can no longer tell how many miles are earned by fare category as some discount fares earn 50% and some 25% its not completely linked to price.

Redemption Chart "Fuel" surcharge applies.

https://www.alaskaair.com/content/mi...s/award-charts

(US to/from Asia & Intra-Asia)

Seat Selection
It's not possible to view your reservation at hainanairlines.com or select your seat online for award bookings. You can contact them by email or phone to assign seats.

North American Gateway Cities (incl non stop destinations)

Boston - PEK, PVG
Chicago - PEK
Los Angeles - CKG, CSX, CTU
New York City - CTU, CKG
Seattle - PEK, PVG
San Jose - PEK
Toronto - PEK
Las Vegas - PEK
Calgary - PEK
Mexico City/Tijuana - PEK
Vancouver - TSN/SZX

Destination Cities in Asia (outside China)
Should be award bookable

Tokyo (HND)
Sapporo (CTS)
Taipei (TPE)
Bangkok (BKK)
Phuket (HKT)
Da Nang (DAD)
Nha Trang (NHA)
Siem Reap (REP)
U-Tapao (UTP)
Sihanoukville (KOS)
Vientiane (VTE)
Chiang Mai (CNX)
Chiang Rai (CEI)
Luang Prabang (LPQ)

Hainan Cities Ouside Asia
NOT award bookable, but AS mileage earning possible (double check flight numbers!)
Tel Aviv
Auckland
Cairns
Brisbane
Sydney
Melbourne
Manchester
Dublin
Edinburgh
Paris (CDG)
Brussels
Prague
Rome
Berlin
Madrid
Moscow
St. Petersburg

Benefits

Business Class Limo Service
Revenue - Yes (C/D/I/Z classes)
Award - No

Special Elite Benefits

LOUNGE ACCESS (Gold and Gold 75K):

Complimentary access to the select Hainan VIP Lounge and First Class / Business Class Lounge "This indicates a link to an external site that may not meet accessibility guidelines." locations listed below when holding a current day ticket/boarding pass with at least one Hainan operated international flight segment. Physical or mobile app digital elite tier card required.

Fortune Wings Lounge in Beijing Capital International Airport (PEK) Terminal 1
Fortune Wings Lounge in Xi'an Xianyang International Airport (XIY) Terminal 1
Fortune Wings Lounge in Haikou Meilan International Airport (HAK) Terminal 1
HNA Club in Beijing Capital International Airport (PEK) Terminal 2
HNA Club in Guangzhou Baiyun International Airport (CAN) Area B
HNA Club in Ürümqi Diwopu International Airport (URC) Terminal 2
Print Wikipost

AS and HU (Hainan) Partnership CONFIRMED!!

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2016, 10:23 am

I flew Hainan business class from BKK-Beijing-Boston in business class. Gave my Alaska mileage # upon check in and it appeared on my boarding passes. Flight was in February and still no credit to Alaska.

Not getting any luck with Hainan about getting these miles credited. Should I contact Alaska airlines?

TIA
Old Apr 27, 2016, 10:31 am

Programs: AS MVPG 75K, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by kokinos
I flew Hainan business class from BKK-Beijing-Boston in business class. Gave my Alaska mileage # upon check in and it appeared on my boarding passes. Flight was in February and still no credit to Alaska.

Not getting any luck with Hainan about getting these miles credited. Should I contact Alaska airlines?
Definitely. Write to [email protected] and attach a scan of the boarding passes (probably okay to have just one if it was all the same ticket number) and a copy of the ticket receipt or confirmation mail, if you have it.
Old Apr 27, 2016, 3:02 pm

Originally Posted by Kieron
Definitely. Write to [email protected] and attach a scan of the boarding passes (probably okay to have just one if it was all the same ticket number) and a copy of the ticket receipt or confirmation mail, if you have it.
Thanks for the suggestion. I still have one boarding pass but my better half doesn't. Never had any issues before especially when the Mileage # is on the BP. Have a good evening Kieron!
Old Apr 27, 2016, 9:31 pm

Programs: AS - MVP75k, Marriott - Titanium, Hertz - PC
Originally Posted by AwardBee
Let's be clear on one thing in China - it's highly unlikely that you'll be inadvertently served dog (which is considered a delicacy due to how expensive it is to raise) in lieu of much cheaper and easier to raise pigs.

You may find yourself eating some other kind of animal besides pig, but I assure you it's incredibly unlikely to be dog.
Agreed. And, there are certain parts of the country where you're more likely to find "exotic" food - Guangdong Province being one. In Guanghaou (CAN) they say they eat anything with four legs but the table and anything that flies but the airplane.

I had bullfrog in Guanzhou and I thought it was good
Old May 1, 2016, 9:43 am

Programs: AS 75K,UA Gold 1.6MM, Hilton Dia, Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Glb, Natl Exec, Hertz 5*
Beware with Chinese airlines and mileage credit. They often market discount fare classes that are not mileage eligible, so check that fare class!

Originally Posted by Nurse Traveler
Agreed. And, there are certain parts of the country where you're more likely to find "exotic" food - Guangdong Province being one. In Guanghaou (CAN) they say they eat anything with four legs but the table and anything that flies but the airplane.

I had bullfrog in Guanzhou and I thought it was good
I wondered why there were no pigeons in the cities until I saw them on the menu
Old May 1, 2016, 10:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
So far all the HU fares on their website that I have seen earn a minimum of 50%
Old Nov 30, 2016, 3:02 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Silver, AS MVP, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond
I just checked the Alaska earning page and the E fare class is no longer showing as earning miles. Is this a new change or a mistake?

Thanks!

https://www.alaskaair.com/content/mi...-airlines.aspx
Old Nov 30, 2016, 4:19 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Originally Posted by Econ1
I just checked the Alaska earning page and the E fare class is no longer showing as earning miles. Is this a new change or a mistake?

Thanks!

https://www.alaskaair.com/content/mi...-airlines.aspx
Maybe..

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alask...credit-mp.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/27413993-post990.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alask...rtnership.html

Note that N wasn't in the original partnership announcement but E was. I'd contact Mileage Plan customer service and ask them to check whether excluding E was just an error when the partner pages were changed to the next full rant or intentional. Please do update here with a response!
Old Nov 30, 2016, 10:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Its so wierd how they decide which fares earn. looking at BOS-PVG. N fare is $200 higher than a W fare and the W earns 50% while N earns 0.
Old Dec 1, 2016, 10:17 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by CDKing
Its so wierd how they decide which fares earn. looking at BOS-PVG. N fare is $200 higher than a W fare and the W earns 50% while N earns 0.
Did HU realign its fare classes perhaps?
Old Dec 19, 2016, 7:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Effective today N & E are now earning fare classes but at 25% so there is still a need to pay attention to underlying fare class on discount Y.
Old Dec 19, 2016, 1:24 pm

Effective today N & E are now earning fare classes but at 25% so there is still a need to pay attention to underlying fare class on discount Y.
Thanks. ^ Somebody has been paying attention to the earning chart.
Old Dec 19, 2016, 1:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G

Also starting today, C, D and I (all business classes) earn an extra 100% (!) RDM togeter with Alaska increasing earnings on a bunch of partners
Old Dec 19, 2016, 5:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by InTheShed
Thanks. ^ Somebody has been paying attention to the earning chart.
Well as soon as i got the news release i went straight for the HU chart since they service my home airport and i like Asia
Old Dec 21, 2016, 2:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
From missy in the Q&A thread, this should answer a common question:

Originally Posted by missydarlin
R fares will accrue as noted on the chart, even when it's not intra-China.
great news!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.