Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

AS and HU (Hainan) Partnership CONFIRMED!!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 22, 2015, 7:07 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: DrAlex
Everything you need to know about the Hainan Partnership

Earnings Chart

Click here for Link to Earning Chart

Eligible flight numbers: 0401-0499, 0700-0799, 7000-7999 (subject to change)

*eff 12/19/16 all revenue fare classes earn at least 25%. You can no longer tell how many miles are earned by fare category as some discount fares earn 50% and some 25% its not completely linked to price.

Redemption Chart "Fuel" surcharge applies.

https://www.alaskaair.com/content/mi...s/award-charts

(US to/from Asia & Intra-Asia)

Seat Selection
It's not possible to view your reservation at hainanairlines.com or select your seat online for award bookings. You can contact them by email or phone to assign seats.

North American Gateway Cities (incl non stop destinations)

Boston - PEK, PVG
Chicago - PEK
Los Angeles - CKG, CSX, CTU
New York City - CTU, CKG
Seattle - PEK, PVG
San Jose - PEK
Toronto - PEK
Las Vegas - PEK
Calgary - PEK
Mexico City/Tijuana - PEK
Vancouver - TSN/SZX

Destination Cities in Asia (outside China)
Should be award bookable

Tokyo (HND)
Sapporo (CTS)
Taipei (TPE)
Bangkok (BKK)
Phuket (HKT)
Da Nang (DAD)
Nha Trang (NHA)
Siem Reap (REP)
U-Tapao (UTP)
Sihanoukville (KOS)
Vientiane (VTE)
Chiang Mai (CNX)
Chiang Rai (CEI)
Luang Prabang (LPQ)

Hainan Cities Ouside Asia
NOT award bookable, but AS mileage earning possible (double check flight numbers!)
Tel Aviv
Auckland
Cairns
Brisbane
Sydney
Melbourne
Manchester
Dublin
Edinburgh
Paris (CDG)
Brussels
Prague
Rome
Berlin
Madrid
Moscow
St. Petersburg

Benefits

Business Class Limo Service
Revenue - Yes (C/D/I/Z classes)
Award - No

Special Elite Benefits

LOUNGE ACCESS (Gold and Gold 75K):

Complimentary access to the select Hainan VIP Lounge and First Class / Business Class Lounge "This indicates a link to an external site that may not meet accessibility guidelines." locations listed below when holding a current day ticket/boarding pass with at least one Hainan operated international flight segment. Physical or mobile app digital elite tier card required.

Fortune Wings Lounge in Beijing Capital International Airport (PEK) Terminal 1
Fortune Wings Lounge in Xi'an Xianyang International Airport (XIY) Terminal 1
Fortune Wings Lounge in Haikou Meilan International Airport (HAK) Terminal 1
HNA Club in Beijing Capital International Airport (PEK) Terminal 2
HNA Club in Guangzhou Baiyun International Airport (CAN) Area B
HNA Club in Ürümqi Diwopu International Airport (URC) Terminal 2
Print Wikipost

AS and HU (Hainan) Partnership CONFIRMED!!

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2016, 8:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by vistaril
My R class ticket last year did not qualify for car services. I believe this was a new policy to include R class effective from 1/6/2016. *Applicable Cabin Class: C / D / I / R Class(Start from 06Jan, 2016)

You can get sign up information from this webpage:

http://www.hainanairlines.com/HUPort...E=US&PAGE=BUGS

I just emailed them at [email protected], and received response within 24 hours.

Let me know if you need additional information.
Ok Cool, So I can book a hotel further from the airport, although I usually stay in Venice Beach so it will be nice to spend the day before my flight in a different part of town.
Old Feb 18, 2016, 2:44 pm

Just in case anyone was wondering about some potential additional "perks" for HU flights

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/peop...t-delayed.html
Old Feb 20, 2016, 6:26 pm

The NYPost write up of the HU "benefits" is much funnier:

http://nypost.com/2016/02/16/dumb-ai...o-an-sm-hotel/
Old Feb 20, 2016, 8:08 pm

Programs: Alaska Mileage Plan
Do you speak Mandarin? If not, you'll be in for a bit of culture shock. It's hard to get around using the English language.

That said, don't stay in Changsha. Get to Zhangjiajie which is one of the most spectacular places you will ever visit in your lifetime. It's easily among the very best places to see in China. And to think, you're going there on a status run. Don't miss the opportunity to see this incredible place.

Check this out:

Originally Posted by CDKing
I guess I will be learning about this Changsha as I booked on the LAX-CSX route at the end of March. Its $1356 J promo on the new route. too bad the double RDM promo appears to be over. Oh well as long as R posts I'll be done with MVPG by April 4th. Sure beats 2x BOS-DFW-HKG Y turns on AA. I burned 25K for a DL award to LAX as the fares are $400 RT. Hoping AA saver space opens up before then or better fares pop up
Old Feb 21, 2016, 5:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TProphet
Do you speak Mandarin? If not, you'll be in for a bit of culture shock. It's hard to get around using the English language.

That said, don't stay in Changsha. Get to Zhangjiajie which is one of the most spectacular places you will ever visit in your lifetime. It's easily among the very best places to see in China. And to think, you're going there on a status run. Don't miss the opportunity to see this incredible place.
I just started taking lessons as i plan to go back to china a few times. At least i just found an offline translation app for menus and signs. Hopefully my 10 year visa gets approved. Its more a mini vacation run since its only 2x weekly service and no same day turns available.
Old Feb 24, 2016, 10:52 am
Suspended

Just noticed this on the Alaska website: Award travel on Hainan Airlines will be available for booking March 30, 2016.
Old Feb 24, 2016, 4:40 pm

Programs: Alaska Mileage Plan
It's good that you're learning a little Mandarin. Here's what to focus on:

- How to ask how much things cost and negotiate prices
- Enough numbers to be able to discuss price
- How to hail a taxi (showing the driver the address in Mandarin)
- Taxi commands (turn left, turn right, stop)
- "I want that / Do not want"
- Buying tickets to things (buses, trains, events, museums)

90% of what you need to do in China as a tourist will relate to these topics and if you can handle this stuff, you can easily ad lib through the remaining 10%.

Chinese people really are very friendly to foreigners for the most part, and they'll treat you with patience, kindness and good humor as long as you do the same. Smile, maintain a relaxed attitude, keep your sense of humor and never, ever lose your temper.

One thing that will happen a lot is that people will be reluctant to sell you things or try to guess what you want if your pronunciation is questionable. It's not that they're jerks or not friendly, it's that they don't want to do the wrong thing and embarrass you. Also, if you order something and refuse to pay for it in a restaurant, the waitstaff ends up stuck with the bill.

The most important thing is feeding yourself. If you get stuck in a restaurant, it's perfectly acceptable to walk over to someone's table if they're eating something you want and point at it, saying you want that. Most restaurants have picture menus so you can point at the picture of what you want. However, be sure you know what you're ordering - it's not unusual in this part of the world to find dog soup or ridiculously spicy duck necks on the menu!

For your first trip, to get a good idea of your Chinese level, you might want to consider hiring a reputable English-speaking driver and tour guide. Try to do things in Chinese, but have the guide available to help you. Everyone will tell you that your Chinese is very good even if it isn't, but if you have the guide along, you'll be able to have someone correct your inevitable stumbles in a face-saving way. They're not very expensive (honestly not much more than it would cost you to rent a car and pay for fuel and tolls--I have a Chinese drivers license and have done this), and you can book them through any hotel.

Have a good time. Not many foreigners visit Zhangjiajie and you're in for a real treat!

I just started taking lessons as i plan to go back to china a few times. At least i just found an offline translation app for menus and signs. Hopefully my 10 year visa gets approved. Its more a mini vacation run since its only 2x weekly service and no same day turns available.
Old Feb 24, 2016, 4:44 pm

Programs: AS: MVPG, Hyatt: P, SPG: G, Marriott: G, IHG: P
Originally Posted by Dieuwer
Just noticed this on the Alaska website: Award travel on Hainan Airlines will be available for booking March 30, 2016.
Finally!
Old Feb 29, 2016, 9:48 am

It was reported on a Chinese website (FT equivalent) that a HU and AS FFP partnership ceremony was held in China on 2-24. The same report indicated that elites would have reciprocal priority boarding and lounge access, as well as luggage privilege. The benefits will be rolling out starting March 1.
Old Feb 29, 2016, 2:20 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA GS, FB Gold, AS MVPG, MR Titanium, VS Gold
Originally Posted by InTheShed
It was reported on a Chinese website (FT equivalent) that a HU and AS FFP partnership ceremony was held in China on 2-24. The same report indicated that elites would have reciprocal priority boarding and lounge access, as well as luggage privilege. The benefits will be rolling out starting March 1.
This is very good news. Might start seriously considering HU for my trips to China vs my current mainstay, AA - especially with all the nice J fares recently. Hard to beat $1400rt or so, even if I have to throw in a overnight and or connection.
Old Feb 29, 2016, 2:43 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA GS, FB Gold, AS MVPG, MR Titanium, VS Gold
Edit - DP sorry
Old Feb 29, 2016, 3:28 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP 75K / SPG Plat (100 Nights) / NEXUS
Hi All,

Just a quick question, hopefully. I need to book a last minute SEA-HKG flight and HU seems to have an SEA-PEK-HKG-PEK-SEA that might work.

SEA-PEK shows up as Fare Class U
P̶E̶K̶-̶H̶K̶G̶ ̶s̶h̶o̶w̶s̶ ̶u̶p̶ ̶a̶s̶ ̶F̶a̶r̶e̶ ̶C̶l̶a̶s̶s̶ ̶H̶
̶H̶K̶G̶-̶P̶E̶K̶ ̶s̶h̶o̶w̶s̶ ̶u̶p̶ ̶a̶s̶ ̶F̶a̶r̶e̶ ̶C̶l̶a̶s̶s̶ ̶H̶
PEK-SEA shows up as Fare Class U

If I have them post the mileage to my AS account, the Class U legs would post at 50% EQM and the Class H legs would post at 100% EQM?

Thanks in advance!

UPDATE: Duh. Just realized the PEK-HKG is handled by Hong Kong Airlines so I would only earn 50% EQM on the SEA-PEK legs.

Cheers,
Kermee

Last edited by Kermee; Feb 29, 2016 at 3:32 pm Reason: Duh. Just realized PEK-HKG is on a different carrier...
Old Feb 29, 2016, 5:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TProphet
it's not unusual in this part of the world to find dog soup or ridiculously spicy duck necks on the menu!
Sorry OT but i missed this part of the post, pictures is not the best idea which i learned already, i was in shanghai last year and they pulled out an ipad with pictures of the food, i found one that looked good and switched to the english description and it was bullfrog w/ noodles and I got a little queasy. hopefully the pork i had instead was not dog. I even went further and signed up for a 30 day crash course on the basics for those going to China for a sort time.

Originally Posted by InTheShed
It was mentioned about some of that when the partnership was first announced, well the lounge part. i believe AS is trying to negotiate that with all partners at some point especially new ones. Now it sounds as if priority boarding from what ibe heard about HU and some other chinese airlines that there really isn't any boarding priority and more like a free for all, not that its much different than AS calling Gold and pretty much every other partner elite at the same time as first class.
Old Feb 29, 2016, 7:27 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BB10; Kbd) AppleWebKit/537.35+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/10.3.2.858 Mobile Safari/537.35+)

Is bullfrog an option on HU? Sounds tasty!
Old Mar 2, 2016, 11:41 am

Programs: AS MVP 75K, AA Platinum, IHG Platinum, Club Carlson Gold
hopefully the pork i had instead was not dog.
Let's be clear on one thing in China - it's highly unlikely that you'll be inadvertently served dog (which is considered a delicacy due to how expensive it is to raise) in lieu of much cheaper and easier to raise pigs.

You may find yourself eating some other kind of animal besides pig, but I assure you it's incredibly unlikely to be dog.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.