Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

AS and HU (Hainan) Partnership CONFIRMED!!

Old Jul 22, 2015, 7:07 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: DrAlex
Everything you need to know about the Hainan Partnership

Earnings Chart

Click here for Link to Earning Chart

Eligible flight numbers: 0401-0499, 0700-0799, 7000-7999 (subject to change)

*eff 12/19/16 all revenue fare classes earn at least 25%. You can no longer tell how many miles are earned by fare category as some discount fares earn 50% and some 25% its not completely linked to price.

Redemption Chart "Fuel" surcharge applies.

https://www.alaskaair.com/content/mi...s/award-charts

(US to/from Asia & Intra-Asia)

Seat Selection
It's not possible to view your reservation at hainanairlines.com or select your seat online for award bookings. You can contact them by email or phone to assign seats.

North American Gateway Cities (incl non stop destinations)

Boston - PEK, PVG
Chicago - PEK
Los Angeles - CKG, CSX, CTU
New York City - CTU, CKG
Seattle - PEK, PVG
San Jose - PEK
Toronto - PEK
Las Vegas - PEK
Calgary - PEK
Mexico City/Tijuana - PEK
Vancouver - TSN/SZX

Destination Cities in Asia (outside China)
Should be award bookable

Tokyo (HND)
Sapporo (CTS)
Taipei (TPE)
Bangkok (BKK)
Phuket (HKT)
Da Nang (DAD)
Nha Trang (NHA)
Siem Reap (REP)
U-Tapao (UTP)
Sihanoukville (KOS)
Vientiane (VTE)
Chiang Mai (CNX)
Chiang Rai (CEI)
Luang Prabang (LPQ)

Hainan Cities Ouside Asia
NOT award bookable, but AS mileage earning possible (double check flight numbers!)
Tel Aviv
Auckland
Cairns
Brisbane
Sydney
Melbourne
Manchester
Dublin
Edinburgh
Paris (CDG)
Brussels
Prague
Rome
Berlin
Madrid
Moscow
St. Petersburg

Benefits

Business Class Limo Service
Revenue - Yes (C/D/I/Z classes)
Award - No

Special Elite Benefits

LOUNGE ACCESS (Gold and Gold 75K):

Complimentary access to the select Hainan VIP Lounge and First Class / Business Class Lounge "This indicates a link to an external site that may not meet accessibility guidelines." locations listed below when holding a current day ticket/boarding pass with at least one Hainan operated international flight segment. Physical or mobile app digital elite tier card required.

Fortune Wings Lounge in Beijing Capital International Airport (PEK) Terminal 1
Fortune Wings Lounge in Xi'an Xianyang International Airport (XIY) Terminal 1
Fortune Wings Lounge in Haikou Meilan International Airport (HAK) Terminal 1
HNA Club in Beijing Capital International Airport (PEK) Terminal 2
HNA Club in Guangzhou Baiyun International Airport (CAN) Area B
HNA Club in Ürümqi Diwopu International Airport (URC) Terminal 2
Print Wikipost

AS and HU (Hainan) Partnership CONFIRMED!!

Old Aug 18, 2015, 12:57 am

Programs: AS MVP, Nexus
Originally Posted by beckoa
Great fare, but seems to book into N...so no miles
Missed that, but for a trip to Beijing, might be worth missing out on miles. I wonder if one could change fare class without the price going way up. I did that with my trip to Amsterdam, and my cost only went up by $40 to earn in a better fare class.
Old Aug 18, 2015, 7:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by WikiHNL
Missed that, but for a trip to Beijing, might be worth missing out on miles. I wonder if one could change fare class without the price going way up. I did that with my trip to Amsterdam, and my cost only went up by $40 to earn in a better fare class.
With many of AS partners bumping from a 0-50-100% usually involves at least doubling the fare. Were not talking like on DL where E can be $15 less than a fare earning 50% of the miles. Or AA jumping from a Q to O. look at the HU site and see what the difference is between Economy Saver/Basic and Flex Saver. I did a random date BOS-PEK (while writing this I see you need to be very careful)

Saver was a Q fare (50% earning) for $439 each way
Basic was a N (No earning???????) for $757 each way
Flex Saver was a M (earns 100%) for $1000 each way

That's a pretty big jump for a 100% fare
Old Aug 23, 2015, 7:59 am

Originally Posted by whimike
Getting off topic, but Gweilo (which I know as Gui Lo) is a Cantonese word used in Hong Kong and some parts of South China. In Beijing or Shanghai the slang for westerner/white guy is typically Lao Wai.
I'm not really old enough to be Lao Wai (which, anyway according to my understanding could be seen as a neutral term).

I'll perfectly willing to concede that the correct romanization of 鬼佬 may be Gui Lo. That having been said, a quick google search would tend to indicate that when used in it's pejorative function, the term is spelled as Gweilo, like the Mandarin equivalent, Guizi.
Old Aug 24, 2015, 3:22 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by WhIteSidE
I'm not really old enough to be Lao Wai (which, anyway according to my understanding could be seen as a neutral term).

I'll perfectly willing to concede that the correct romanization of 鬼佬 may be Gui Lo. That having been said, a quick google search would tend to indicate that when used in it's pejorative function, the term is spelled as Gweilo, like the Mandarin equivalent, Guizi.
老外 an age neutral term.

鬼佬 is not widely used in mainland China.
Old Aug 26, 2015, 12:08 am

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Plat, AS 75K, AA Plat, IHG Spire Amb, Marriott Plat, Radisson Gold
Anyone had success in having Hainan miles posted in AS account? I took SEA to PVG on HU over three weeks ago, still not seeing miles appeared in my account. Sent required documents to mileage claim department, no response despite of their auto email stating 5-7 business days frame.

I have another HU round trip to China coming up next week, and I need to know if I should continue to bank them in AS account. Has anyone had similar experiences?
Old Sep 2, 2015, 3:22 am

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Plat, AS 75K, AA Plat, IHG Spire Amb, Marriott Plat, Radisson Gold
As promised, I'm reporting back on the mileage posting status of my recent trip to China on HU.

Travel date 8/3 to 8/7, mileage just showed up on my account today on 9/2.

SEA to PVG, EQM: 5,723, Bonus miles: 18,600 (R class earns 200%, double miles promotion 200%, MVP Gold 75k 225%)

same numbers for the return flight.

In total, I spent $2,310, earned 48,646 miles for the trip, 4.7 cents/mile for business class fare, not bad at all.

In fact, I'm flying on HU again today, from SEA to URC (Urumuqi) via PEK, looking forward to another load of miles coming in soon!
Old Sep 2, 2015, 3:52 pm

Programs: AS: MVPG, Hyatt: P, SPG: G, Marriott: G, IHG: P
Originally Posted by vistaril
As promised, I'm reporting back on the mileage posting status of my recent trip to China on HU.

Travel date 8/3 to 8/7, mileage just showed up on my account today on 9/2.

SEA to PVG, EQM: 5,723, Bonus miles: 18,600 (R class earns 200%, double miles promotion 200%, MVP Gold 75k 225%)

same numbers for the return flight.

In total, I spent $2,310, earned 48,646 miles for the trip, 4.7 cents/mile for business class fare, not bad at all.

In fact, I'm flying on HU again today, from SEA to URC (Urumuqi) via PEK, looking forward to another load of miles coming in soon!
Wow that's really a LOT of miles!
Old Sep 14, 2015, 7:07 am

BTW, I posted about an upcoming HU fare sale out of YYZ in the premium fares section.

J from YYZ to PEK for CAD$2000 or USD$1500. Limited dates (and unfortunately outside of the double miles promo).
Old Nov 4, 2015, 5:08 pm

Programs: Alaska 100k
With FI and EK offering lounge access to MVPG, I'm curious if this will be the promised elite benefit on HU. Anyone hear any updates regarding this?
Old Nov 5, 2015, 1:34 pm

Programs: AC35K, AS MVP, WS Gold, ITA EP, Marriott Plat, Hyatt-Explorist, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by sturges
With FI and EK offering lounge access to MVPG, I'm curious if this will be the promised elite benefit on HU. Anyone hear any updates regarding this?
Most likely, in the HU website, it stated that both FFP benefits are reciprocal. This makes MVPG even more valuable ^
Old Nov 6, 2015, 12:56 am

Originally Posted by Jma12
Most likely, in the HU website, it stated that both FFP benefits are reciprocal. This makes MVPG even more valuable ^
I can't find anything on AS site. HU press release did say "more exciting reciprocal elite benefits coming soon."
Old Nov 7, 2015, 2:29 pm

Using miles

Does anyone know when we can start to use AS miles on HU ? Thanks
Old Nov 7, 2015, 3:43 pm

Programs: AS: MVPG, Hyatt: P, SPG: G, Marriott: G, IHG: P
Originally Posted by jeep1
Does anyone know when we can start to use AS miles on HU ? Thanks
Website [1] says early 2016, which I believe was pushed back from late 2015 (maybe November 2015 or something).

[1] https://www.alaskaair.com/content/mi...rs/Hainan.aspx
Old Dec 21, 2015, 2:41 pm

Programs: Alaska 100k
Just saw that HU is starting LAX-CSX on 21 January on their 788. Initially it will operate on Monday and Thursday.

Still haven't flown Hainan, but hope to do so in the coming year.
Old Dec 21, 2015, 7:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Originally Posted by sturges
Just saw that HU is starting LAX-CSX on 21 January on their 788. Initially it will operate on Monday and Thursday.

Still haven't flown Hainan, but hope to do so in the coming year.
Is Changsha a major city in China? Have not heard about it before and so did not expect this route.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.