Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

30-day Admirals Club Pass access to CX's SFO Lounge

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 25, 2015, 10:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT

I'm flying out of SFO on AS next month and I was wondering if my 30-day Admirals Club pass would give me access to CX's lounge since that is AS's temporary lounge in Terminal A. Appreciate it if you guys have any success stories.

Fyr, I'm also AA PLT / OW Sapphire.

Thanks so much for your answers!
Old May 25, 2015, 10:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by ryanlyma
I'm flying out of SFO on AS next month and I was wondering if my 30-day Admirals Club pass would give me access to CX's lounge since that is AS's temporary lounge in Terminal A. Appreciate it if you guys have any success stories.

Fyr, I'm also AA PLT / OW Sapphire.

Thanks so much for your answers!
No. You get access to the SFO T2 AC. SFO is not listed as one of the AA/AS lounge reciprocity locations:

http://www.aa.com/i18n/urls/ACExpandAccess.jsp

The only way you would get access is if you were an AS BR member or were flying CX.
Old May 25, 2015, 2:02 pm
ANC

Programs: AS MVPG, CO, NW(now DL), Flying Blue
a 30 day pass with AC isnt a pass. Its actually an AC membership for 30 days with the same privelegs to have a guest and the whole 9 yards unlike day passes. Therefore all admiral club rules and stipulations apply. As mentioned you can go in the AC in T2 at SFO. A 30 day AC club membership also gets you into AS boardroom not AS partner rooms
Old May 26, 2015, 11:18 am

Programs: AS; Hyatt; Bonvoy
Originally Posted by eponymous_coward
No. You get access to the SFO T2 AC. SFO is not listed as one of the AA/AS lounge reciprocity locations:

The only way you would get access is if you were an AS BR member or were flying CX.
One other way: Flying in AS paid F or on an award ticket in F.
Old May 26, 2015, 11:20 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Originally Posted by AKCuisine

This is not a published way to get access to the SFO CX lounge. Does it work?
Old May 26, 2015, 11:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT
Hm... Well maybe it's not so worth it to buy the 30-dat pass then
The access to CX lounge was gonna be a big deciding factor for me.

And I am guessing evening with my AA PLT / Sapphire status, since i am not flying on CX or AS as CX codeshare, I won't be able to access their lounge?
Old May 26, 2015, 5:11 pm
ANC

And I am guessing evening with my AA PLT / Sapphire status, since i am not flying on CX or AS as CX codeshare, I won't be able to access their lounge?
generally status doesnt mean much when it comes to club access other than often discounts on annual memberships.
Old May 26, 2015, 6:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by AKCuisine
Have you done this? I'm pretty sure you just get access to Bored Rooms™ with an F or A ticket, not partner lounges where AS has negotiated lounge access for BR members...

Correct. Flying AS as a CX codeshare wouldn't give you access, either. Just BR membership or flying CX itself.

I would be hard pressed to find ANY single lounge visit worth paying the $100 for an AA 30 day pass (which is what you are proposing to do?). Maybe the LH FCL if you drink a couple bottles of champagne, load up on whiskey, and smoke a few cigars, but even then, $100 buys a decent amount of good food and drink in a non-lounge situation, and CX's lounge is nowhere near that nice. They serve a nice bowl of dan dan mien, but I can get that for less than $10 buck outside an airport...

Last edited by eponymous_coward; May 26, 2015 at 6:14 pm
Old May 26, 2015, 6:22 pm
ANC

I got an AA club 30 day in October. Although in my case I used it for me and my wife on an award trip. We used it 2x at ORD, 2x at MIA, 1x at PHX, and 1x at RDU. I subsequently used it for myself once in ORD and 1x at the ANC AS boardroom. In that case we got our monies worth of usage out of it but for a one time entry Id agree that its not worth it. Im not even sure why people pay for a 1 day pass into an AS boardroom
Old May 26, 2015, 6:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ANC
I got an AA club 30 day in October. Although in my case I used it for me and my wife on an award trip. We used it 2x at ORD, 2x at MIA, 1x at PHX, and 1x at RDU. I subsequently used it for myself once in ORD and 1x at the ANC AS boardroom. In that case we got our monies worth of usage out of it but for a one time entry Id agree that its not worth it. Im not even sure why people pay for a 1 day pass into an AS boardroom
Yeah, I can see buying it for something like that, but a one-shot deal? Eh.
Old May 27, 2015, 10:41 am

Programs: AS; Hyatt; Bonvoy
Have you done this? I'm pretty sure you just get access to Bored Rooms™ with an F or A ticket, not partner lounges where AS has negotiated lounge access for BR members...

I stand corrected ... it must have been a 'senior moment' when I wrote that post. I was flying paid F at the time, but I'm also a Board Room member.

And for what it's worth, my opinion is that the lounge is not very useful unless your flight out of SFO is timed to line up with the CX flights.

When I passed through mid- to late afternoon the place was dead. Yes, they had a coffee machine, and a couple of bottles of wine setting out, along with sodas and chips, but there was not much else to be found. A bowl of salad was about the only food other than some chips and cookies. The hot food, the noodles and other things people rave about seem to not be available during the off hours -- or at least they weren't available the 2 times I was there.

I'll use it as a BR member in lieu of spending time waiting elsewhere, but I would't pay extra just to get into this lounge -- unless it was during the time they ramp up to full service for the CX flights.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.