Wiki Posts
Search

Alaska Call Center Great Service

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2015, 7:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska. AA, Kris, QFF, Lifemiles, BA+

A big shout out to Goldie at the Phoenix CS who made what I thought would be an impossible flight change very smooth with her friendly and efficient service. I had booked one of the scarcest award redemptions online a week earlier and found another Holy Grail pop up and was straight on the phone to change dates, expecting it to be already snapped up. She kept me calm as she confirmed with both AS and QF and it was done!
Our third experience with Phoenix in a month and all excellent service.
Old May 16, 2015, 12:08 am

Thank you so much for sharing your experience! As it happens, I was able to pass your kind words along to Goldie (who had never seen FlyerTalk.com before!) and she was positively thrilled! I'll be sure to place a copy of your post in her file as well. ^

Last edited by Snowdevil; May 16, 2015 at 12:27 pm
Old May 16, 2015, 10:00 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA GS, FB Gold, AS MVPG, MR Titanium, VS Gold
I have to also comment - Alaska is one of the few airlines I do not mind calling - I have never had a bad interaction, and they always go above and beyond to take care of me while traveling.
Old May 16, 2015, 11:42 am

Programs: Alaska 100k
I am always amazed at how great phone customer service is at AS ^
Old May 16, 2015, 11:47 am

Programs: AS MVP, Club 49, Global Entry, National Emerald Club, Hilton Silver
North of Expected!
Old May 16, 2015, 1:30 pm

Programs: Alaska MVPG, SWA CP, SWA A list, Hyatt Platinum, Hhilton Gold, Makai Club
Thumbs up late night Phoenix team superb

Wanda, Barbara, Sylvia among them

Best customer service of all @ AS and probably best phone customer service of any business I know

They give their very best even @ 3am! (some work @ home and some in an office and always with fabulous attitude and their maximum effort)

They could, and should, give lessons to all of ... front line including GAs, TAs, FAs etc whose mantra really should be "what can I do to help you have a safe flight?" which seems to be SWA's (my main complaints have to do with disability-related issues)

Again, Phoenix call"desk" late night/early am crew are the creme de la creme!

Please take note, AS
Old May 16, 2015, 3:56 pm

Originally Posted by thumbelina
Wanda, Barbara, Sylvia among them

Best customer service of all @ AS and probably best phone customer service of any business I know

They give their very best even @ 3am! (some work @ home and some in an office and always with fabulous attitude and their maximum effort)

They could, and should, give lessons to all of ... front line including GAs, TAs, FAs etc whose mantra really should be "what can I do to help you have a safe flight?" which seems to be SWA's (my main complaints have to do with disability-related issues)

Again, Phoenix call"desk" late night/early am crew are the creme de la creme!

Please take note, AS
Duly noted, thank you! All our reservations sales agents do a wonderful job, but being part of a small crew during the overnight hours can present its own unique challenges and Barbara, Sylvia and Wanda all do a great job - especially at that time of night - of being caring, friendly, and building lasting relationships with our customers. I'll be happy to share your post with them and ensure they receive these "kudos" in their respective files as well.
Old May 16, 2015, 8:00 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA GS, FB Gold, AS MVPG, MR Titanium, VS Gold
Originally Posted by Snowdevil
Duly noted, thank you! All our reservations sales agents do a wonderful job, but being part of a small crew during the overnight hours can present its own unique challenges and Barbara, Sylvia and Wanda all do a great job - especially at that time of night - of being caring, friendly, and building lasting relationships with our customers. I'll be happy to share your post with them and ensure they receive these "kudos" in their respective files as well.
I think I also spoke with Barbara at some point - booking an award ticket in the wee hours of the morning
Old May 17, 2015, 10:23 am

Programs: AS
We also want to applaud AS for their customer service .
Last year I called Customer Service line to check if the reservation I just made for my husband would work with his existing reservation. Joe actually called me back at home when he realized there was a problem. He fixed the whole PNR and let me know it was now OK. I hung up saying, " how much do we love Alaska airlines"? They always impress us. I did write Alaska Listens to make sure they knew. I am glad those we never see are getting the recognition they really do deserve.^^
Old May 17, 2015, 6:14 pm
Original Poster

So pleased I started this thread.
We can often seem a bit whingy in these forums and it is great to see good work being acknowledged!
My partner says I need to thank Rochelle in Boise for similar great service!!
Old May 17, 2015, 7:23 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines 100K MVP, Oneworld Emerald, Marriott Titanium

I used one of my MVPG staff reward certificates for outstanding phone customer service when my bag was delayed.
Old May 17, 2015, 8:13 pm

Programs: DL Plat, AS MVPG, Bonvoy Plat/LT Gold, HH Diamond
I'll chime in to add that I nearly universally have gotten agents who are both courteous/friendly and knowledgeable, characteristics which I've often found to be mutually exclusive for other carriers' call centers.

Somewhat related, last night an agent answered the phone with "this is Erica with Alaska Airlines," the first time I've heard the company name appended.
Old May 18, 2015, 4:58 pm

Programs: WN CP/A-List, AS MVPG75K
Another resounding thumbs up for the Phoenix late night crew. Whenever they hear I live in PHX, the conversation evolves into weather and how we're glad we don't live anywhere else.

Originally Posted by mbluecpa
Somewhat related, last night an agent answered the phone with "this is Erica with Alaska Airlines," the first time I've heard the company name appended.
I think they've finally changed the stock answer from "This is XXX..." to "Thanks for calling Alaska Airlines, this is XXX..." or something similar.
Old Jun 16, 2015, 3:38 am
Original Poster

Another call and again friendly and efficient service, this time with Susan from the Boise team. She walked me through the Cathay redemption step by step, then asked about a return ticket. I told her I was flying NYC-LAX-SYD and had only the last segment, so she found an add-on Alaska routing and then spent some time with her colleague finding a shorter route. Something to be proud of, Alaska!
Old Jun 16, 2015, 7:53 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold, HHonors Diamond
Last week my flight from SFO to SEA was delayed by almost two hours. My colleague and I noticed this before heading to the airport, and he suggested we fly from OAK instead.

I called the MVPG line and got someone in the Phoenix office who put us on hold and went to talk to her supervisor to see if she could SDC us to a different airport. When she came back on she explained that they were concerned we wouldn't have time to make it to OAK for the flight! How sweet We assured her we had time, and she said something to the effect of "Ok! Get in the car and get going, by the time you get there I'll have your reservations all fixed up!"

It was awesome. I love calling the MVPG line.

Neil

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.