Search

Be careful what you ask for!

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2015, 6:21 pm
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold, HHonors Diamond
Red face Be careful what you ask for!

A few weeks ago I had a RT CDG-OTP flight. CDG-OTP was marketed by Delta and operated by Air France. OTP-CDG was marketed by Air France and operated by Tarom.

As expected neither flight posted miles to my account. I submitted the boarding cards, never received an email reply back, but the miles for both flights posted to my account a couple of days after I submitted the boarding cards.

I should have left well enough alone. But no. I mailed them back and pointed out they forgot to post the 25% class of service bonus for the flights (they were in Z class).

I actually got a mail back from someone for once, and they agreed the miles posted wrong... and gave me the 25% bonus for the CDG-OTP leg, and removed all the miles for the OTP-CDG leg since the flight was operated by Tarom!

I admit I did get a chuckle out of this. My greediness for the 25% bonus wound up costing me 865 miles.

Neil

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.