Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Up to 5,000 free miles for Self-Tag

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2015, 8:46 pm

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Just ordered my tag holders. I am flying out of HNL on May 5th and need to check our SUP. Mr. Fink may as well check our one carry on as well as I see that two MP members on one reservation each get the 1,000 mile bonus. If we have to wait for the board, we may as well wait for the bag too. Nice 2,000 mile bonus for us.
Old Apr 20, 2015, 9:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Finkface
Just ordered my tag holders. I am flying out of HNL on May 5th and need to check our SUP. Mr. Fink may as well check our one carry on as well as I see that two MP members on one reservation each get the 1,000 mile bonus. If we have to wait for the board, we may as well wait for the bag too. Nice 2,000 mile bonus for us.
And if the bags are more than 20 minutes late, you get 2,500 more miles PER BAG....sounds like a win-win....baggage checkers UNITE!
Old Apr 20, 2015, 11:55 pm

Programs: AS MVPG
Originally Posted by PDXPremier
And if the bags are more than 20 minutes late, you get 2,500 more miles PER BAG....sounds like a win-win....baggage checkers UNITE!
Is it really per bag? Here I've been only checking one bag like a sucker in the hopes of getting the miles
Old Apr 21, 2015, 12:12 am

Programs: HH Silver
Probably a stupid question, but I am stumped.

I usually print my self tagging tag at the end of the skywalk in SEA, and leave my bag there. Can I use the print at home option, then print again when I get to the skywalk and still get the miles? I don't have a printer at home, lol.
Old Apr 21, 2015, 3:02 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by tatterdema
Probably a stupid question, but I am stumped.

I usually print my self tagging tag at the end of the skywalk in SEA, and leave my bag there. Can I use the print at home option, then print again when I get to the skywalk and still get the miles? I don't have a printer at home, lol.
I think you need to find a friend with a printer to make this work.
Old Apr 21, 2015, 3:03 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Originally Posted by alphaeagle
Originally Posted by PDXPremier
Is it really per bag? Here I've been only checking one bag like a sucker in the hopes of getting the miles
No its per traveler.
Old Apr 21, 2015, 4:03 am

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by beckoa
Lol, thanks Beckoa,
I guess a better way to phrase the question, is what actually triggers the points to post. Is it the actual printing of the tag from home, or the scanning of the tag at the airport. If it is the scanning of the tag at the airport, will it know you printed it from a printer vs the self check machine at the airport? Like can you reprint an existing bag tag like you can a boarding pass?
Old Apr 21, 2015, 4:09 am

Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Originally Posted by tatterdema
Lol, thanks Beckoa,
I guess a better way to phrase the question, is what actually triggers the points to post. Is it the actual printing of the tag from home, or the scanning of the tag at the airport. If it is the scanning of the tag at the airport, will it know you printed it from a printer vs the self check machine at the airport? Like can you reprint an existing bag tag like you can a boarding pass?
This is a brand new promo from today, so uncertain what the trigger mechanism is.
Old Apr 21, 2015, 8:02 am

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
And what happens if someone's at-home printer was imperceptively running out of ink and the tag can't be scanned properly somewhere en route?
Old Apr 21, 2015, 8:13 am

I've self-tagged twice now - BOS-PDX and PDX-BOS - both in February. Boston doesn't have a dedicated self tag area, so you end up waiting in line to drop your bag. They do have holders available, but I had to ask at the counter. Maybe the Terminal C location will have an additional counter section to do it?

PDX-BOS was a breeze. There's a dedicated drop area, they scan and you walk away. In my case they didn't even bother to weigh the bag, and it might've been a pound or two overweight since we flew out at 49 lbs and you always accumulate a little bit of crap during the trip.

We check bags anyway since we have a toddler. I like self tag a lot.
Old Apr 21, 2015, 8:33 am

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Whoa, I just noticed the "non-stop or direct flights" - coming out of EUG, I have none of the above (unless I'm going to SEA or PDX) - so since I always connect in SEA or PDX to get anywhere, does that mean I'm ineligible to use this new bag thing?
Old Apr 21, 2015, 9:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Eujeanie
Whoa, I just noticed the "non-stop or direct flights" - coming out of EUG, I have none of the above (unless I'm going to SEA or PDX) - so since I always connect in SEA or PDX to get anywhere, does that mean I'm ineligible to use this new bag thing?
That would be a deal breaker for a lot of people including myself...even though I'm based in PDX, I typically choose the connection if it gets me more EQMs and is close to the same price.
Old Apr 21, 2015, 9:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

No its per traveler.
I was referring to the 20 min. guarantee...that is per bag that is late.
Old Apr 21, 2015, 9:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
RNO and BIL have it, but SMF is "coming soon"?
Old Apr 21, 2015, 10:57 am

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
I'll do anything for a few extra miles, but I don't think I'll do this one.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.