transiting a third region

Old Mar 28, 2015, 4:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black
transiting a third region

I will be flying on the EY A380 in Sept AUH - SYD, and I plan on flying home with AS miles flying CX.

Will AS allow me to fly SYD > HKG (free stopover @ CX hub) > JFK for the regular miles price of SYD>JFK?

Thanks a lot. (I did some research, so I'm assuming this will work):

You are also allowed to add a stopover in a third region as long as it is part of their ‘natural routing’. For instance, you can fly on Emirates from the US to Singapore and have a stopover in Dubai.

Last edited by Mauibaby2008; Mar 28, 2015 at 4:15 pm
Old Mar 28, 2015, 4:18 pm

Your only option when flying CX is to fly via HKG. The stopover does not change the number of miles required.
Old Mar 28, 2015, 4:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black
Originally Posted by flytoeat
Your only option when flying CX is to fly via HKG. The stopover does not change the number of miles required.
Thank you
Old Mar 28, 2015, 4:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
It's not like AA which charges 2 awards to go to US-OZ via Asia
Old Mar 29, 2015, 7:17 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
In the middle of an award right now on a stopover in HKG [CX], and coming back a stopover in DXB [EK] ^

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.