Wiki Posts
Search

AS miles for AM award ticket MEX - HAV?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2015, 4:12 pm
Original Poster

AS miles for AM award ticket MEX - HAV?

Hi folks,

Wondering if there is anyway to book an award ticket for MEX - HAV rt on AM using AS miles? I would have all of the necessary docs indicating this is a research trip. Thanks!
Old Mar 19, 2015, 4:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Probably not, given that HAV is not recognized as a destination by the AS website, that uses the same engine the CS reps use...

http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.c...em-miles-cuba/
Old Mar 20, 2015, 1:22 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by eponymous_coward
Probably not, given that HAV is not recognized as a destination by the AS website, that uses the same engine the CS reps use...

http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.c...em-miles-cuba/
Thanks - that's what I was afraid of.

I wonder what would happen, then, if I put my AS MP# on an AM MEX-HAV itinerary (booked via Canadian agency, etc)...
Old Mar 21, 2015, 5:19 am

Programs: Alaska Tanzanite 100K
there are a lot of limitations for US Online Travel Agencies & Airlines to offer service to Cuba per the US Treasury Department --- so until things calm down more there, I'd think you can't book a ticket via the portal TO Cuba, however you most certainly should be able to EARN miles to Cuba.
Old Nov 25, 2015, 8:44 am

Programs: AS MVPG 75k, UA zilch, IHG Spire, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Plat, Hertz Gold, Avis Presidents
Curious where this ended up as far as putting AS MP# in. The MX website wouldn't allow me to but I'm not sure why (was doing it in spanish because you can't use the english website to book a ticket like this

Ended up that you can't pay in pesos and must pay in GBP, and to do so requires a call in to the MX london office to handle the payment. An extra ~$50 but still slightly cheaper than interjet or cubana for the dates.
Old Nov 27, 2015, 3:48 am

In theory, it's easier for American citizens to go to Cuba now (there's more allowed exceptions). Nonetheless, I bet the airlines are holding off to see what happens.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.