Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Penair PDX-CEC, possibly other OR cities?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Penair PDX-CEC, possibly other OR cities?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2016, 5:45 pm

What's so bad about having screening in PDX after arriving. Presumably that means O/D traffic to and from PDX would be security free. Which would be awesome, and for others, sure you'd have to add a bit of time for security in PDX, but you wouldn't spend the time in security at Klammath Falls, so I would think it's more or less a wash, time wise.
Old May 2, 2016, 3:36 pm

Programs: UA Gold, BONVOY TIT
Originally Posted by WhIteSidE
What's so bad about having screening in PDX after arriving. Presumably that means O/D traffic to and from PDX would be security free. Which would be awesome, and for others, sure you'd have to add a bit of time for security in PDX, but you wouldn't spend the time in security at Klammath Falls, so I would think it's more or less a wash, time wise.
I thought the whole point of the security screen was to ostensibly not have people bring dangerous objects *onto* the aircraft
Old May 2, 2016, 4:10 pm

There's no screening on some of the PenAir flights in Alaska (for example, Dutch Harbor). Haven't seen those planes falling out of the sky.
Old Apr 28, 2017, 1:42 pm

Programs: United Mileage Plus Gold
Originally Posted by Chugach
Use google flights.
Google flights no longer shows booking CEC-PDX then connecting with another airline. What was nice with Google was at the end of the transaction you would go directly to United website. Any advise?
Old Aug 6, 2017, 1:12 pm

All PNW service ending bar CEC

http://www.krcrtv.com/news/local/sha...ding/599865573
Old Aug 6, 2017, 4:07 pm

Programs: Platinum
ouch! no more PDX from OTH too

I have to admit I never got to fly them.
Old Aug 6, 2017, 5:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
Originally Posted by frankmu
ouch! no more PDX from OTH too

I have to admit I never got to fly them.
Financially, things must be pretty bad if all the non-EAS routes are being axed on a couple of days notice. UA will be pleased to have OTH, RDD to themselves again and be able to put the communities back over the barrel price wise.
Old Aug 6, 2017, 5:57 pm

Programs: Platinum
Originally Posted by PV_Premier
Financially, things must be pretty bad if all the non-EAS routes are being axed on a couple of days notice. UA will be pleased to have OTH, RDD to themselves again and be able to put the communities back over the barrel price wise.
It's bad enough with the schedule and price already. It makes more sense for me and my family to fly out of EUG or PDX even with the price and time cost (2 and 4 hour drive). I end up over nighting in SFO to avoid missing flights because of the ATC issue, adding to the price of the ticket.

But for you golfers out there, thanks for coming to Bandon! Any bit of tourism helps our economy!
Old Aug 7, 2017, 11:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Per ADN, PenAir filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy this morning. Alaska ops will not be affected.
Old Aug 7, 2017, 11:35 am

Programs: Alaska Mileage Plan MVP
Originally Posted by Chugach
Per ADN, PenAir filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy this morning. Alaska ops will not be affected.
Alaska-based PenAir files for Chapter 11 reorganization
Old Aug 7, 2017, 11:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
Bigger news out of this honestly is that they are hacking the EAS services out of DEN...pending the approval of the DOT. IIRC, in these cases the DOT usually works to be sure the EAS routes would be covered by another carrier, not clear who would absorb that (perhaps CapeAir could be a candidate) in these cases.

Impacted routes are to small cities in Nebraska and Kansas, primarily.
Old Aug 7, 2017, 12:05 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Originally Posted by PV_Premier
Bigger news out of this honestly is that they are hacking the EAS services out of DEN...pending the approval of the DOT. IIRC, in these cases the DOT usually works to be sure the EAS routes would be covered by another carrier, not clear who would absorb that (perhaps CapeAir could be a candidate) in these cases.

Impacted routes are to small cities in Nebraska and Kansas, primarily.
EAS out of PDX too. CEC is being ended now.
Old Aug 7, 2017, 1:49 pm

Programs: Alaska 100k
This is disappointing. I actually used the ACV and CEC routes occasionally. Though it does make sense as I was the only person on the plane a few times.
Old Aug 7, 2017, 6:28 pm

Programs: AS MVPG75; Bonvoy, National Exec, United Silver
Was scheduled to fly to ACV at the end of the week. Rebooked to CEC instead. Not the easiest rebooking process but AS took care of it.
Old Aug 7, 2017, 7:30 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
KTUU article:

http://www.ktuu.com/content/news/Ala...439030573.html

Unfortunate. Liked how KS was expanding in L48. Heard the Saab 2000's had a few issues- imagine that was expensive.

This has potential to cause issues with the AAG as DUT ops is operated by KS. I know KS says they won't be changing BOS or ANC ops, but with bankrupcy...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.