Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Penair PDX-CEC, possibly other OR cities?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Penair PDX-CEC, possibly other OR cities?

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2015, 9:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by deatrice
I just flew into ACV last week since service isn't up yet in CEC. Looking into Sept, it's interesting that United has the Bombadier back on their schedule for ACV. Anyone know why?
Didn't they (Skywest) replace the Embraer flights into ACV with CR2s?
Old May 29, 2015, 9:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
Originally Posted by notquiteaff
Didn't they (Skywest) replace the Embraer flights into ACV with CR2s?
E120s in the UA schedule continue to be used simply as placeholders until the schedule is finalized, which typically happens 60-90 days out. There is no plan or intention to bring the E120s back. Look again at October flights in August and you will see CR200s along with probably some schedule/time changes. The UA way...
Old May 29, 2015, 11:24 am

Programs: Alaska Tanzanite 100K
most airlines do a "final" schedule 90 days out. Everything else is just fluff.
Old May 30, 2015, 9:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by PV_Premier
E120s in the UA schedule continue to be used simply as placeholders until the schedule is finalized, which typically happens 60-90 days out. There is no plan or intention to bring the E120s back. Look again at October flights in August and you will see CR200s along with probably some schedule/time changes. The UA way...
Yup, that's why I didn't understand the "has the Bombadier back on their schedule" comment - perhaps it was meant to read "has the Embraer back on their schedule".

I also don't understand why UA uses the E120 as a placeholder given that they know for sure that that isn't going to be the airplane, and given that they know with 95.3% certainty that it's going to be a CRJ. I can understand the placeholder thing on routes where they don't know yet whether it will be a 739 or a 757. As you say, the UA way
Old Jul 23, 2015, 11:10 pm

So I did some thinking, and I've come up with a shortlist of possible destinations and unlikely destinations from PDX on PenAir

YES:
Klamath Falls-Previously served, can sustain low traffic commercial service

Eureka-Arcata- Seems underserved

Maybe:
Yakima-I actually think Yakima could stand a bit more service, and no one likes taking the 4 hour commute from here to Yakima

Salem-It's a pretty short flight, but SeaPort did it for a while, although it didn't turn out that successful....worth another try at lower frequency?

Astoria-SeaPort had this route for a long time before they shrunk their PNW operations, it was successful at some point

Newport-Same situation as Astoria

Hermiston-it would be an interesting second destination in Eastern Oregon from PDX

NO:
The Dalles-Believe me, I would love to see this, but there would never be enough traffic

Pendleton-SeaPort has this under control

North Bend-SeaPort ALSO has this under control
Old Jul 24, 2015, 6:56 pm

SLE needs a connection at SEA and to the Bay Area. DEN would be paradise on UA CJ 700s.
Old Jul 24, 2015, 9:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by ParkeyfinnPDX
So I did some thinking, and I've come up with a shortlist of possible destinations and unlikely destinations from PDX on PenAir

YES:

Maybe:
Yakima-I actually think Yakima could stand a bit more service, and no one likes taking the 4 hour commute from here to Yakima

Salem-It's a pretty short flight, but SeaPort did it for a while, although it didn't turn out that successful....worth another try at lower frequency?

Astoria-SeaPort had this route for a long time before they shrunk their PNW operations, it was successful at some point

Hermiston-it would be an interesting second destination in Eastern Oregon from PDX

NO:
The Dalles-Believe me, I would love to see this, but there would never be enough traffic

Out of all of these, I think Salem-SEA has the best chance of actually making money and I'm not biased since I don't live in Salem and would likely never take the flight.
Old Jul 24, 2015, 9:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by PDXPremier
Out of all of these, I think Salem-SEA has the best chance of actually making money and I'm not biased since I don't live in Salem and would likely never take the flight.
More long shot destinations that haven't been mentioned thus far would be Corvallis and Roseburg which were both served by Air Oregon way back in 1979 (and obviously Corvallis would be the stronger destination with OSU traffic).
Old Jul 25, 2015, 9:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Originally Posted by ParkeyfinnPDX

YES:

Maybe:

NO:

Hermiston doesn't even have a terminal, and it's half an hour from PSC.
Old Jul 27, 2015, 4:24 pm

Programs: AS, HA, JL, UA
PenAir to fly to Klamath Falls from PDX! Starting around November.

http://www.heraldandnews.com/news/local_news/pen-air-makes-air-service-offer-to-klamath-falls/article_e6f95304-f554-50cc-9757-e97f278df126.html
Old Jul 27, 2015, 9:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jjka
PenAir to fly to Klamath Falls from PDX! Starting around November.

http://www.heraldandnews.com/news/lo...f278df126.html
PDX-OTH will probably be next....just a guess.
Old Jul 27, 2015, 9:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The flight from PDX-LMT lands at 9:45am and doesn't leave until 11:20am? Seems like quite a bit of ground time at LMT unless there is a tag-on city they didn't mention?
Old Jul 27, 2015, 11:00 pm

Programs: Platinum
You think Seaport will drop OTH? I should ask my friends in Seaport. I just wish Skywest/United would codeshare to PDX with someone, give us another option when IRROPS occur via SFO.
Old Jul 27, 2015, 11:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Still holding out hope for PDX-PDT.
Old Jul 28, 2015, 12:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by frankmu
You think Seaport will drop OTH? I should ask my friends in Seaport. I just wish Skywest/United would codeshare to PDX with someone, give us another option when IRROPS occur via SFO.
Honestly, I forgot about Seaport...how has that been in OTH? Is it a viable option during SFO irrops?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.