Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

BOS Operations to Move (Again) to Terminal B Gates 35A-36 (10/16/2019)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2015, 7:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA ExPlat, AS MVP Gold

Desk check-in yesterday @ BOS, Terminal A. Was informed that, effective tomorrow (3/4), AS ops will move over to Terminal C, which is where B6 and EK operate from. Agent was unaware what, if any, lounge access would be available to BR members.

Can anyone here shed further light on this change? Have always enjoyed the Sky Club in Terminal A with its excellent tarmac views.

--mcz
Old Mar 3, 2015, 7:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
I would have guessed terminal B where Pen-Air and AA are. C doesn't not make any sense to me. Another reason I'm glad I dropped lounge membership. Never one I can use.

I believe EK is/was supposed to be opening a lounge in C. That would be nice.

New gates are C40, C41, C42
Old Mar 3, 2015, 9:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
Interesting news. Another sign that AS and DL aren't such good friends anymore.

But JetBlue dominates C so that roommate arrangement doesn't make any sense.
Old Mar 3, 2015, 9:48 am

Programs: AS MVPG75k
Originally Posted by CDKing
I would have guessed terminal B where Pen-Air and AA are. C doesn't not make any sense to me. Another reason I'm glad I dropped lounge membership. Never one I can use.

I believe EK is/was supposed to be opening a lounge in C. That would be nice.

New gates are C40, C41, C42
I'm not surprised that AS and DL didn't want to share terminal A anymore (after all, who wants to live with your ex!?). But Terminal C? ...? I too would have thought they'd be with AA in B.
Old Mar 3, 2015, 9:52 am

I haven't used Terminal C since UA moved out. Does it still have pre-check?

It does seem like C40-42 will be a much shorter walk from ticketing to gate. That was a hike to the very end of the A satellite terminal.
Old Mar 3, 2015, 9:53 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Lifetime SkyClub, AS MVP
Cape Air is in C as well.

Perhaps a new alliance partner to get to P'town!
Old Mar 3, 2015, 9:54 am

Just speculating, but is a new route or more frequency coming? AS hasn't needed 3 gates at BOS before. That could be the reason for the move.
Old Mar 3, 2015, 9:54 am

Hi -

Also, I think that C40 - C42 is a small finger of gates by themselves right next to the ticket counter. If they have their own security line, it will probably be a quick and easy inspection.

Way-y-y-y back when UA was a significant carrier in BOS, they had a Red Carpet Club by those gates. In a perfect world, they would be sharing that space with EK.
Old Mar 3, 2015, 10:51 am

Programs: AS
Bummer. I like the Sky Club and the kids love the play place.
Old Mar 3, 2015, 11:31 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

How is it post-security?
Old Mar 3, 2015, 11:43 am

Programs: DL 1MM Annual Silver,AS 100K 22-24, AS 75K 15-21
I like the choices of food vendors in C, but am surprised to find this post. Granted Delta hasn't been getting along but A terminal has lots of open gates after Continental UA moved out. The only new arrival is Sun Country?! AS made sense despite more recent DL & AS breakup. No more Sky Club :-(

Jiburi
Old Mar 3, 2015, 12:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by dgreen12
Cape Air is in C as well.

Perhaps a new alliance partner to get to P'town!
I'd love to check a bag through via Cape Air (to ACK)! Otherwise, not much use.
Old Mar 3, 2015, 12:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by BearX220
Interesting news. Another sign that AS and DL aren't such good friends anymore.
Originally Posted by jiburi
I Granted Delta hasn't been getting along but A terminal has lots of open gates after Continental UA moved out.
Massport determines use of 9 of the 25 gates at Terminal A, not Delta. You're reading way too much into this.
Old Mar 3, 2015, 12:56 pm

If anyone goes through there in the next couple of days, please let us know if there's pre-check at the new terminal. I know C has it (or at least did when UA was there), but no clue on the checkpoint for C40-42. Are those gates connected to the rest of the terminal airside, or are you pretty much stuck there?
Old Mar 3, 2015, 1:27 pm

FYI, Sun Country is also moving from A to C.

There is a non-branded lounge in C, The Lounge, that is currently only used by Emirates. It is in the main part of airside C, not the seperate three gate section.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.