Wiki Posts
Search

Automatic Upgrades Still Broken

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2016, 12:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
Originally Posted by Westcoaster
For the future you can indeed print/save both boarding passes for a same day round trip before you leave on the first leg. Go to the AS home page and select Check In there. Do this check in process once for the outbound leg and then do it again for the return. In your current situation, for example, you would apparently be selecting Seattle as your departure city for the return leg. Note: You have to wait until 24 hours before the 2nd leg departs to check in for that leg.

The only snag I run into doing this is that for some reason after I enter the required info for check in the first time it takes me to a screen where I have to enter it a second time. But after that all proceeds normally.
Well I checked in on the app for the outbound and then trying normal OLCI this morning it threw a "see agent" error. App checkin appears to work normally for the return (haven't gone all the way thru yet).
Old Feb 29, 2016, 11:27 am

Flew LAX-SEA yesterday. No upgrade as a 75K + companion on separate record until I checked in the morning and saw F1 U1 on Expertflyer. It was previously F1 U0 the night before.

Went through the OLCI process to upgrade myself (was #1 on the list), knowing that even a non-elite checking in could have paid $50 for the upgrade.

Companion hung out in row 6, ending up as #1 of 10 on the UG list.
Old Mar 7, 2016, 8:38 pm
Suspended

Has Alaska fixed this year. Their IT really is the worst part of that airline. They're clueless.
Old Mar 14, 2016, 12:28 pm
Suspended

Nobody?
Old Mar 14, 2016, 12:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ou81two
Has Alaska fixed this year. Their IT really is the worst part of that airline. They're clueless.

Originally Posted by ou81two
Nobody?
I have no idea what you are asking, first of all. If you are asking if this problem is fixed, I think recent evidence suggests the answer is "mostly, but not completely". Best to still monitor your reservations particularly inside of T-48.
Old Jul 24, 2016, 10:23 am

I haven't had this problem in a long time but it happened today for tomorrow's flight IAD to SEA.

I am gold traveling with a companion. We are on H fares purchased months ago but with no instant upgrade space available. We flew out Friday afternoon to DCA and were not upgraded till the morning before but we were automatically upgraded. This morning I checked and we still weren't upgraded with plenty of space in F. I checked and there was now upgrade space available. I called in and was upgraded but hours later, we seem to be the only ones upgraded with lots of seats taken in exit rows and row 6 and at least 7 U seats available.
Old Aug 25, 2016, 1:36 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold
I had this issue pop up for a flight I have coming on Friday (796 SEA-DTW). At T-45, I saw there was U7, called in, and was manually upgraded. But it may have just been a delayed processor since it was only a few hours into the MVP window.
Old Aug 25, 2016, 5:49 pm

Programs: AS 75K,UA Gold 1.6MM, Hilton Dia, Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Glb, Natl Exec, Hertz 5*
I suspect the problem is similar to the same issue at United. There is a separate inventory management system from the reservation system, so there is a delay between when space is released and the upgrade sweep runs. That upgrade sweep may be only once every 24 hours until T-24.
Old Aug 30, 2016, 2:52 pm

Programs: United Premier Gold (Million Miler), Alaska MVP Gold 75K, Hilton Diamond Lifetime
I had to call reservations just to get "added to the list" as an MVPG. But after I checked in, I'm not listed (in the public list of names via Flight Status). After I call back, the agent says "it's all automatic, there's nothing I can do".
Old Aug 30, 2016, 5:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by crenshaw
I had to call reservations just to get "added to the list" as an MVPG. But after I checked in, I'm not listed (in the public list of names via Flight Status). After I call back, the agent says "it's all automatic, there's nothing I can do".
You're not listed correctly. Call back, have them undo your check in, request the upgrade, then check in again.
Old Aug 31, 2016, 6:16 pm

Had to call just now to process upgrade for Saturday afternoon flight (within MVPG 72 hour window). Showed U space and me still waitlisted for first class. Nice lady fixed it quick.
Old Sep 22, 2016, 10:29 pm

Programs: AS
Upgrades not processing
Called in for flight Saturday. Confirmed upgrades should go through . No upgrades processed for us. On hold for 25 minutes, they can't find the actual upgrade list to see where we are but told, " we have an amazing computer program that processes the upgrades" !!
I am not amazed.
On hold, back and forth, supervisors looking for info and missing " list with upgrade que" . Meanwhile, I pull up seat map for our flight and our seats have disappeared. When CS comes back on line and tells I just have to wait for program to process, I ask why have our seats in Y disappeared. "Oh dear, lets try and get those back for you".
Phone holds and three CS agents later ...an hour wasted. Told that they cannot interfere with upgrade computer system ( oh, I forgot...it's amazing)
Old Sep 22, 2016, 10:57 pm

Programs: AS
Update...
5th call was the charm.
Told it should have processed, put on hold for 15 minutes and finally Jennifer had no idea why upgrades are not going through.
This time, she offered to put it through manually and voila , finally upgraded to F with 10 F seats to choose from!!
No, I am still not "amazed".
( CS earlier used that term several times during that call.)
Old Sep 22, 2016, 11:07 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Similar to pcoll. Flight on Saturday was still showing me the coach seat map in the app, no email at T-48 (have previously been receiving those unicorns!), and EF was showing U2. Logged into desktop version on smartphone and was showing both coach-waitlisted and upgraded to first segments for the same flight. Called Res and they were able to get it sorted quickly.
Old Sep 23, 2016, 6:03 pm

Programs: DL 1MM Annual Silver,AS 100K 22-24, AS 75K 15-21
Many of these sounds more like the individual reservation is broken rather than the systemic automatic upgrade program.

For most part, I haven't had any problem this past year.

Jiburi

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.