Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

PDX terminal expansion, AS relocating to E gates?

PDX terminal expansion, AS relocating to E gates?

Old Feb 24, 2015, 11:06 pm

Programs: Alaska Gold 100k
Originally Posted by Chugach
I think the only way this works is if AS uses some of D as well. Shouldn't be a huge issue. PDX is not exactly lacking in excess gate space.
. Here is the article as seen in the Portland business journal. It states the "E" gates will be extended 210 feet east to allow for additional gates. Hopefully this is to clean up the X-UAX area for QX. http://www.bizjournals.com/portland/...s-98m-pdx.html

Last edited by Waitlisted; Feb 24, 2015 at 11:06 pm Reason: Spelling mistake
Old Feb 24, 2015, 11:12 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by JacksonFlyer
Back in the 90's almost all my flights to SNA or Southern California originated at the B gates and when I returned would always come back to the B gates. Also, the Board Room was located there prior to being moved to its current location.
Huh- so where did AS squeeze in the BR before?
Old Feb 24, 2015, 11:44 pm

Programs: Alaska Gold 100k
Originally Posted by beckoa
I remember the AS BR being just outside the A/B/C security, where the waiting room is now. Then after 9/11 it was switched to it's present location near C1-4 inside security.
Old Feb 25, 2015, 12:55 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Next to the old gate B4.
Old Feb 25, 2015, 7:59 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA GS, FB Gold, AS MVPG, MR Titanium, VS Gold
I wouldnt mind a slightly larger space- last time I was in PDX the Sky Club was deserted while the BR was down to standing room only. With PDX becoming my home airport soon, I will miss the always deserted Aadmirals Club in Denver
Old Feb 25, 2015, 1:37 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
Originally Posted by IWontRegretThis
I wouldnt mind a slightly larger space- last time I was in PDX the Sky Club was deserted while the BR was down to standing room only. With PDX becoming my home airport soon, I will miss the always deserted Aadmirals Club in Denver
As someone who recently left PDX to FL I can assure you the DL Sky Club gets to SRO quite often as well. Especially in the mornings.

They do offer ice cold miller lite bottles that were always appreciated.
Old Feb 25, 2015, 3:50 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA GS, FB Gold, AS MVPG, MR Titanium, VS Gold
Originally Posted by apodo77
As someone who recently left PDX to FL I can assure you the DL Sky Club gets to SRO quite often as well. Especially in the mornings.

They do offer ice cold miller lite bottles that were always appreciated.
Certainly, the DL club gets just as packed if not more (more nooks and crannys to hide?) but I like the breakfast fare at both if I have plenty of time.
Old Feb 26, 2015, 12:33 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, 1MM
When you entered the B gate section it was to the left where the B4 gate was; it was a non-descript door that said "Alaska Board Room" with a buzzer next to it. No one really would notice it unless they were looking for it. I joined the Board Room in the mid-90's and I do not remember the Board Room being any place else (unless it was before that). Once the renovation of the C gates were done, the Board Room moved to its present location.
Old Feb 27, 2015, 2:59 am

Programs: WN CP/A-List, AS MVPG75K
Originally Posted by JacksonFlyer
When you entered the B gate section it was to the left where the B4 gate was; it was a non-descript door that said "Alaska Board Room" with a buzzer next to it. No one really would notice it unless they were looking for it. I joined the Board Room in the mid-90's and I do not remember the Board Room being any place else (unless it was before that). Once the renovation of the C gates were done, the Board Room moved to its present location.
There was a temporary BR in the mid/upper-Cs during the terminal renovation. The whole C1-C10 area was gone and you had to use these wonderful trailers to get to the gates. I want to say the temp. BR was located where the "spa" is now but can't remember exactly.

The old BR in B is still there--it's obviously empty and been changed up a bit since AS left, but it's still there. The B gates and D1 have the original Mitsubishi jetways too.
Old Feb 27, 2015, 11:06 am

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Amtrak

Pre-check is open later on the D/E side...
That would be subject to change, I assume, depending on the number of late evening
departures on the D/E side after the switch.
Old Oct 13, 2015, 1:20 pm

Programs: Hilton/Marriott Gold, Accor Silver
Near-future terminal shuffles at PDX

Looks like PDX is going to see some changes for AS/QX and UA passengers soon. Long story short: Concourse E is getting expanded, and AS and QX will move there from A, B, and C, while United moves from E to the south side--all sometime in 2017, and construction starts in January. The renderings definitely look shiny and it'll be nice to fly out of a brand-new concourse, but I'm happy I don't fly UA, since I remember what a mess the south side was during the C expansion when I was a kid. (Not that that's the only reason I'm happy I'm not a UA customer.)

I'd guess it's likely that the lone AC gate will move too to stay close to their Star Alliance kin. Concourse A is going to get pretty empty, though; does anyone know if they have remodeling plans for that area queued up next?

Last edited by jinglish; Oct 13, 2015 at 1:49 pm
Old Oct 13, 2015, 1:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
AS will be that much closer to DL - how cozy!

Will the Bored Room be relocating to the UA lounge space?
Old Oct 13, 2015, 2:27 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, AS Lounge
Deleted. (Not needed after threads merged.)

Last edited by Westcoaster; Oct 13, 2015 at 5:51 pm
Old Oct 13, 2015, 2:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Also see:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alask...g-e-gates.html
http://www.portofportland.com/Selfpo...PDXNextFS6.pdf
Old Oct 13, 2015, 4:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by jinglish
Looks like PDX is going to see some changes for AS/QX and UA passengers soon. Long story short: Concourse E is getting expanded, and AS and QX will move there from A, B, and C, while United moves from E to the south side--all sometime in 2017, and construction starts in January. The renderings definitely look shiny and it'll be nice to fly out of a brand-new concourse, but I'm happy I don't fly UA, since I remember what a mess the south side was during the C expansion when I was a kid. (Not that that's the only reason I'm happy I'm not a UA customer.)

I'd guess it's likely that the lone AC gate will move too to stay close to their Star Alliance kin. Concourse A is going to get pretty empty, though; does anyone know if they have remodeling plans for that area queued up next?
I've merged your thread with the existing thread on the topic.

jackal
Moderator, Alaska Airlines forum

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.