Wiki Posts
Search

BLI-LAS cxl for the summer

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2015, 5:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by CZBB
Apparently enough demand for up to 3x/daily on Allegiant.. And Alaska had 2x at one point. Pretty much every time I've taken these flights they've been close to full, and they were looking for volunteers to bump last time I was on it.
But if the fares were $99 as stated above, it is likely that the flights weren't terribly profitable. If I am AS, do I worry more about Allegiant in BLI or Delta in SEA? Clearly, the resources are going toward defending against DL.

And is Allegiant going to fly BLI-HNL anymore? I keep reading that Allegiant has pulled back from most (if not all) smaller market to HNL service, focusing only on LAX/LAS-HNL.
Old Feb 28, 2015, 10:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
And their 757s are going bye-bye in 2017. Gonna be kind of hard to fly to HNL with beater A319s and Mad Dogs...
Old Mar 2, 2015, 8:17 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by eponymous_coward
And their 757s are going bye-bye in 2017. Gonna be kind of hard to fly to HNL with beater A319s and Mad Dogs...
I'll bet BLI are a little on the pissed side, given the work they put in to make the airport 757 compliant...
Old Mar 3, 2015, 2:00 pm

Programs: AS MVP, Nexus
Just grabbed a nice cheap BLI-HNL for May 10-18 for $285. ^
Old Mar 4, 2015, 12:56 am

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by formeraa
And is Allegiant going to fly BLI-HNL anymore? I keep reading that Allegiant has pulled back from most (if not all) smaller market to HNL service, focusing only on LAX/LAS-HNL.
Allegiant stopped the BLI to HNL and OGG quite a while ago.
Old Mar 4, 2015, 2:40 am

Programs: WN A-List Preferred, AS, DL Kryptonium
I've flown LAS-BLI once, but have considered buying the last minute $99 each way fares many times. Most of the times, my upgrade would've cleared immediately while coach had hardly any open seats.

What got me a lot of times was that the BLI-LAS-BLI flights were at relatively undesirable times. Eastward connections often had one arriving past midnight and the return flight left too early to have much of a morning in LAS, let alone connecting from the East Coast. The 6:00 AM and 7:20 AM SEA-LAS flights and the 9:55 PM LAS-SEA flights work very well in this regard.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.