Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New inFlight Tablet is here!

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17, 2015, 10:57 pm

Originally Posted by dayone
Actually, it is a "digEplayer." Many FAs still use the term.
They aren't supposed to. DigEplayer is a trademarked name for the machine that Alaska used to use. The tablets currently being used are called "Alaska Tabs". I think the DigEplayer term was used for so long it's just taking a while to work it's way out.
Old Jun 18, 2015, 9:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by AS Flyer
They aren't supposed to. DigEplayer is a trademarked name for the machine that Alaska used to use. The tablets currently being used are called "Alaska Tabs". I think the DigEplayer term was used for so long it's just taking a while to work it's way out.
Did the city list of routes that offer the "Alaska Tabs" disappear from the website? I can't find it...
Old Jun 18, 2015, 11:41 pm

Programs: MVPG, VX-Silver
Referred to as "dige-players" last night on #127...
Old Jun 19, 2015, 12:18 pm
Suspended

They're better. Still not great. I don't think they went to analog controls for volume which is usually a problem on these things. You still can't, to my knowledge, queue up music and then use the tablet functions.

One would think that prior to committing to this new tablet, the purchaser would have taken it out for a few test rides whereupon the battery issues would have surfaced and could have been addressed prior to unleashing the tablet on an unsuspecting public.

Are there any refunds if the battery in your unit dies after less than a couple of hours (as my seatmate's did on a flight earlier this month)? Fortunately they had an extra available for her.
Alaska are absolutely useless when it comes to taking feedback on most anything. They won't do things like trial seat layouts, tablets, etc. It's stupid of them.
Old Aug 26, 2015, 9:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It says the rental fee is $8-$10 depending on flight length....what's the cut-off time for $8? There still is nothing on the website about which routes qualify for the $8 rental fee (vs. the $10 fee).
Old Aug 26, 2015, 10:37 pm

Originally Posted by PDXPremier
It says the rental fee is $8-$10 depending on flight length....what's the cut-off time for $8? There still is nothing on the website about which routes qualify for the $8 rental fee (vs. the $10 fee).
Transcon/Hawaii (EWR, DCA, BWI, IAD, JFK, BOS, MCO, FLL, TPA, PHL, DTW, MSY, ATL, RDU, CHS, CUN, KOA, LIH, OGG, HNL) all $10

Midcon (ORD, MSP, STL, MCI, DFW, IAH, AUS, SAT, BNA) and SEA/PDX-ANC, FAI, PVR, SJD all $8

I may have forgotten a few but I think I covered almost all the cities that AlaskaTabs are available to.
Old Aug 26, 2015, 10:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Transcon/Hawaii (EWR, DCA, BWI, IAD, JFK, BOS, MCO, FLL, TPA, PHL, DTW, MSY, ATL, RDU, CHS, CUN, KOA, LIH, OGG, HNL) all $10

Midcon (ORD, MSP, STL, MCI, DFW, IAH, AUS, SAT, BNA) and SEA/PDX-ANC, FAI, PVR, SJD all $8

I may have forgotten a few but I think I covered almost all the cities that AlaskaTabs are available to.
Good job! I think you covered all the cities. I thought they use to be listed on the website back in the Digi days but I suppose with the growing list of transcon and midcon flights, it was too cumbersome to list them all. On a side note, I think PDX/SEA-PVR is almost exactly the same distance as SEA-DTW yet it falls in the $8 category.
Old Aug 29, 2015, 10:51 am

And I'm guessing soon SJO and LIR will be $10.
Old Aug 29, 2015, 8:50 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by WhIteSidE
And I'm guessing soon SJO and LIR will be $10.
...depending on cabin and status :O

Sounds like I need to book that for 2017 requal...
Old Apr 25, 2016, 1:51 pm

Programs: AA, IHG PLM AMB
Are you able to reserve these on line(if not in F or MVP GOLD75)?

Last edited by radryan; Apr 26, 2016 at 7:49 am Reason: typo
Old Apr 26, 2016, 8:21 am

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Originally Posted by radryan
Are you able to reserve these on line(if not in F or MVP GOLD75)?
No reservations for the digiplayers. It's first come first served as they roll the cart backwards. YMMV, but on an almost full RDU-SEA, the FA's were still handing out the tablets for individual requests well after the initial offering.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.