Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

No longer allowed to search if flight booked?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2015, 9:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AS 75K

I got the following message when I was looking to see if I could find better flights. I've never see this before. This is when I'm logged into my account.

It looks like you want to purchase identical trips. In order to avoid an unwanted cancellation, please purchase each trip separately.
Old Jan 29, 2015, 10:39 am

Strangely this happened to me today when I am not even logged into my account. And I can't remember what I may have done during my search for reward flights to cause the message.
Old Jan 29, 2015, 11:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bronco29
Strangely this happened to me today when I am not even logged into my account. And I can't remember what I may have done during my search for reward flights to cause the message.
Logging out solved the problem for me. I did not go through all the steps so not sure if it would have errored out if I logged in to book
Old Jan 29, 2015, 2:45 pm
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold
What exactly is the condition that causes this to show up? If you have a trip booked from AAA-BBB on a particular date, you can't search for the same trip while logged into your account? Or does it just block you from purchasing?

I can think of a bunch of reasons I might want to do this:

- Book the same trip for a travel companion
- Survey prices to see if they've dropped so I can take advantage of a fare guarantee
- See prices of alternate flights that day when considering changing flights
- Seeing prices of the instantly-upgradable fares when considering paying for a qualifying fare

Seems a little ridiculous to block me from seeing pricing when there's several valid reasons to do so.

Can you post a screenshot of the message and how it appears on the page?
Old Jan 29, 2015, 3:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Weird. It seems to have corrected itself. I was booked revenue AS from SAN-PDX followed by stop-over and then PDX-BOS on AA. I was looking to see if awards got better from when I first was looking. I just went on again and did the same search and no problem looking at results

Of course now that I double check, better saver award choices are out there now but no more saver. I should have stuck with my initial award booking and not booked revenue

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.