Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Advice on mileage run for 1/24...winter weather advisory in place

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2015, 1:36 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Glad everyone had fun!
Old Jan 25, 2015, 10:15 am

Monday 26th and Tuesday 27th PHL runs could have weather issues as well.
Old Jan 25, 2015, 10:40 am

Programs: AS; Hyatt; Bonvoy
Originally Posted by Endventure
On the outbound, I was sitting next to a runner and the folks in front of us ID'd themselves after hearing our conversation before take off.

On the inbound, it was pretty obvious who else had been on the ride out...lots of sharing tips and tricks before leaving PHL...actually, it turns out there are seven of us up here.
Originally Posted by Nurse Traveler
We just figured out that 9 out of the 15 F seats are running. All of row 1 is on MR. Making it better is this return leg has some great staff.

Because our inbound was delayed, it was less than 15 minutes from the time I left the plane until the time I re-boarded.
Here's the big ticket question, Endventure, Nurse Traveler or anyone else who was on the SEA-PHL-SEA flights -- what did they serve for the meals in First?

It looks like outbound is breakfast with dinner on the return. What options were available?

This is vital information for others who may be following in your footsteps - contrails - this month.
Old Jan 25, 2015, 11:26 am

Programs: Alaska 100K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia

I'm out on 1/27 - UG cleared on return, still waiting on outbound
Old Jan 25, 2015, 12:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska MVPG-100K; HH-Diamond
Wink

Originally Posted by AKCuisine
Here's the big ticket question, Endventure, Nurse Traveler or anyone else who was on the SEA-PHL-SEA flights -- what did they serve for the meals in First?

It looks like outbound is breakfast with dinner on the return. What options were available?

This is vital information for others who may be following in your footsteps - contrails - this month.
This was the menu for both my MRs this past week...TPA and PHL

Breakfast
First course
*Mexican Fruit: slices of watermelon, pineapple, cucumbers mango sprinkled with spicy stuff plus a pastry. (i enjoyed the fruit)

Second Course--Choice of:
* Ham-leek quiche and grilled tomato -or-
*Scrambled, Eggs, apple-chicken sausage and pancakes with apple-walnut compote. (I chose this because I don't eat bacon).

Dinner:
Appetizer
*Beecher's Flagship Cheese and shrimp Caesar (fine for me); Warm dinner roll (not warm)

Main-choice of:
*Trident Wild Alaskan Cod Puttanesca; Lemon Orzo; Steamed Broccolini (I chose this and liked it)
*Cucina Fresca Three Cheese Ravioli w/Smoked Mozzarella & Cherry Tomato Sauce; Grilled Zucchini

Blackberry cobbler (looked and smelled good although I didn't have one)

On both trips I had the same meals largely because of my dietary choices but I could have easily chosen the other options since they looked decent. You can see pictures of these on the FC Foodie thread.

I am seeing a trend in the longer haul east-west menus since someone also reported these same choices from SEA-DTW-SEA

Good luck!!

Last edited by Endventure; Jan 25, 2015 at 5:55 pm
Old Jan 25, 2015, 1:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by flytoeat
Monday 26th and Tuesday 27th PHL runs could have weather issues as well.
Avoid the earstern seaboard over the next few days
Old Jan 25, 2015, 2:32 pm

Programs: DL DM
SEA-PHL HAS A 100% upgrade chance if you are 75k, at least that's my experience so far, it clears 5 days before departure, compare to SEA-EWR, much easier to get FC. Hope your run was smooth and good
Old Jan 25, 2015, 3:05 pm

Alaska finally posted a weather waiver for the 26th and 27th:

http://www.alaskaair.com/content/tra...dvisories.aspx
Old Jan 25, 2015, 5:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by CDKing
Avoid the earstern seaboard over the next few days
My aunt and uncle have a flight out Thursday morning. I'm assuming BOS will be dug out by then?
Old Jan 25, 2015, 5:32 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
My aunt and uncle have a flight out Thursday morning. I'm assuming BOS will be dug out by then?
BOS is supposed to get 20-30 inches of snow... probably best to have them fly out on Friday instead.
Old Jan 25, 2015, 5:44 pm

Originally Posted by Endventure
This was the menu for both my MRs this past week...TPA and PHL

(Details removed to shorten the post)

One both trips I had the same meals largely because of my dietary choices but I could have easily chosen the other options since they looked decent. You can see pictures of these on the FC Foodie thread.

I am seeing a trend in the longer haul east-west menus since someone also reported these same choices from SEA-DTW-SEA

Good luck!!
Thanks for the detailed menu information Endventure! I'm very glad that dinner doesn't include the blackened chicken & polenta or the salmon-flavored mac & cheese that were showing up on my other recent flights.

Originally Posted by WinSea
SEA-PHL HAS A 100% upgrade chance if you are 75k, at least that's my experience so far, it clears 5 days before departure, compare to SEA-EWR, much easier to get FC. Hope your run was smooth and good
I did score upgrades on all 4 of my flights at T-120. That's one of the reasons I opted for that particular route.

Alaska finally posted a weather waiver for the 26th and 27th:

http://www.alaskaair.com/content/tra...dvisories.aspx
Looks like I'll take my chances, flytoeat. I've got 3 nights booked in Seattle and 2 chances to get to/from PHL. If I make it there both times, great. If I make it there once, that's still pretty good.

And if I don't make it at all then there still will be lots of other opportunities for flights this year ... so I'll just go shopping instead.
Old Jan 25, 2015, 9:05 pm

Programs: Alaska 100K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia

Hmm. I'm flying to BWI. Why did I think I was flying to PHL?
Old Jan 25, 2015, 9:11 pm

I changed my PHL run from Tuesday to Thursday. Good luck to those of you hanging in there - now there are two more seats available in F.
Old Jan 25, 2015, 9:39 pm

I changed my PHL run from Tuesday to Thursday. Good luck to those of you hanging in there - now there are two more seats available in F.
I'd consider modifying mine, too, except for the fact that I added the PHL runs to an existing ticket I was holding ANC-SEA - thus limiting my choice of dates.

My SEA trip was purchased during the Alaska resident PFD sale when I thought I wanted to go Outside for a shopping trip. When PHL came available as a super-discount fare I added the RT. We shall see ...
Old Jan 26, 2015, 11:40 am

Looks like everything xSEA took off this morning, but I think tomorrow will be another story.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.