Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

2016 MVP/MVPG/MVPG 75K Qualification Roll Call

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2016 MVP/MVPG/MVPG 75K Qualification Roll Call

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25, 2015, 9:39 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines MVP Gold 75K
I'll make it to 75K with 500 miles to spare coming home to SEA on Dec 23. This year was a squeaker...
Old Nov 26, 2015, 9:49 am

Programs: AS MVPG75k, SQ Gold
Finally officially made MVPG... been waiting forever for some AA segments to clear and some still haven't (notably PHL-AMS-PHL)
Old Nov 26, 2015, 1:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
Originally Posted by PV_Premier
Will requalify for MVPG tomorrow while flying LHR-MSP. Still have a one way SAT-SMF to go after that. All other remaining 2015 travel I'll fly and credit to DL.
Received my notification email today. Will end the year at ~59k EQM, basically the same as last year.
Old Nov 26, 2015, 1:58 pm

Programs: AA, UA, WN, HH, Marriott
What happens if you reach a new status level - e.g., Gold - after you have booked a reservation? How do you get credit or upgrade eligibility for the new status? Will the PNR automatically "know" your new status or do you have to call AS and have them manually enter it?
Old Nov 26, 2015, 2:03 pm

Programs: HH D, AS MM/MVPG for life/AL, Awesome Wipes VIP Club, NEXUS, Hertz 5-Star Gold
Originally Posted by JerryFF
What happens if you reach a new status level - e.g., Gold - after you have booked a reservation? How do you get credit or upgrade eligibility for the new status? Will the PNR automatically "know" your new status or do you have to call AS and have them manually enter it?
You'll have to call in. Have them remove you FF number from the record(s) and then put them back in. Give it about a week after your new status shows up in your My Account.
Old Nov 26, 2015, 3:23 pm

Programs: Alaska MVPG, HHonors Gold
Made MVPG on Sunday coming home from SAN. Status is showing on the website, but no email yet. Currently at 40,955. Should finish the year at 42,283 after the Christmas trip to BIL, only trip planned for December.

Normal travel patterns have me getting MVP easily, but MVPG is a stretch. An extra transcon and/or Hawaii trip puts it within reach. I took a slightly unnecessary ATL trip earlier this month to put me over the top.

First time making it in November, and first time in a while making it two years in a row. Very happy to have it.
Old Nov 26, 2015, 6:45 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Our e-mails arrived today, and we had completed our flights on Saturday.

I haven't checked to see if the GGUs are in our accounts - better go do that!

Yep, 8 GGU's all cozy and snug and dated 12/31/2016.

AS, you are the BEST.
Old Dec 1, 2015, 8:21 am

Do flights flown on 12/31 count for the 2015 program year even though they'll post after 1/1/2016? We missed our Vancouver flights, so my wife and daughter will requalify as MVP on New Years Eve if so.
Old Dec 1, 2015, 8:52 am

Programs: AS Million Miler since 2011, Lifetime MVPG
Looks like I'll hit my 75K somewhere over SE Alaska on the 8th. Right on schedule
Old Dec 1, 2015, 9:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
Originally Posted by PWMTrav
Do flights flown on 12/31 count for the 2015 program year even though they'll post after 1/1/2016? We missed our Vancouver flights, so my wife and daughter will requalify as MVP on New Years Eve if so.
it should be date of travel, not date of posting, that controls status. i'd keep an eye on things just to be safe and save paper or electronic boarding passes and a screenshot of your account activity before the flight, but it should work fine.
Old Dec 1, 2015, 10:29 am

Programs: Hilton/Marriott Gold, Accor Silver
On track for first-time MVP qualification this Friday flying PDX-BOS. Unfortunately it won't be reflected for a while, given that I'm still waiting for EK flights from the last two weekends to post.
Old Dec 1, 2015, 11:44 pm

Programs: AS MM, MVPGold100k, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle
I find myself now watching my miles towards million miler status, something I never ever imagined would be possible for me, but since I have flown over 660k it almost seems doable now. This was a big year for me, so far at 97k with 2 more trips booked normally while I do get 75k I do not go over 100k.
Old Dec 2, 2015, 1:02 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Originally Posted by ctporter
I find myself now watching my miles towards million miler status, something I never ever imagined would be possible for me, but since I have flown over 660k it almost seems doable now. This was a big year for me, so far at 97k with 2 more trips booked normally while I do get 75k I do not go over 100k.
We're within ballpark of each other then ^

I'm tempted to do 100K a year for the next 3 to make it
Old Dec 2, 2015, 12:42 pm

Originally Posted by dave1013
You'll have to call in. Have them remove you FF number from the record(s) and then put them back in. Give it about a week after your new status shows up in your My Account.
I recently became MVP, so I called in to remove-readd so its reflected on my current reservations.

And the agent said "just wait a couple weeks and it will reflect automatically".

Is she correct? Or should I call again and insist of having them remove-readd?
Old Dec 2, 2015, 12:53 pm

Programs: Hilton/Marriott Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by nomii
I recently became MVP, so I called in to remove-readd so its reflected on my current reservations.

And the agent said "just wait a couple weeks and it will reflect automatically".

Is she correct? Or should I call again and insist of having them remove-readd?
I asked a customer care agent at SEA about this last weekend, and she said that I'd have to have call in for the remove and readd.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.