Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

2016 MVP/MVPG/MVPG 75K Qualification Roll Call

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2016 MVP/MVPG/MVPG 75K Qualification Roll Call

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9, 2015, 2:49 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Madone59
Got 75K but that includes partners - I'll cross the 90K early November. Definitely the fastest I've flown 75K on any airlines in any year.
Ditto. Never flew so much until this year. Crossed the 90K mark back in April. Now I'm at the 115K mark.
Old Oct 9, 2015, 8:42 pm

I was MVP this year for the first time and I should make Gold by the end of the year. I am one more of those all personal travelers. I live in Seattle and I have a son in college in NY and an elderly mother in the DC area that I like to check in on a lot. That and I love Disneyland adds up to Gold for next year.
Old Oct 12, 2015, 5:08 am

Programs: Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan MVP Gold, Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium Elite
MVP Gold 75K again

Originally Posted by WinSea
Is it too early to post this?

I am having some extensive travel plans in January and February on AS, I might be able to make 75k again by early Feb.
Crossed the 90K threshold on Alaska and partners on 10/5. Earliest that I have ever earned MVP Gold 75K.
Old Oct 12, 2015, 2:08 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Jimgotkp
Now I'm at the 115K mark.
Wooo 115K is where I'll end my year. Hopefully you get some time at home soon
Old Oct 12, 2015, 4:10 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Madone59
Wooo 115K is where I'll end my year. Hopefully you get some time at home soon
All my travel is leisure/MRs, so I don't mind
Old Oct 13, 2015, 2:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: SBUX Gold
I'm on track to earn 46K all-partner miles this year.

Would it drive all of you crazy if I didn't book an MR?
Old Oct 13, 2015, 9:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by IceTrojan

Not if it caused you to be on the UG list in front of any of us in 2016. And generally, no. We might call you a fool, but we wouldn't be driven crazy.
Old Oct 13, 2015, 10:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
Not if it caused you to be on the UG list in front of any of us in 2016. And generally, no. We might call you a fool, but we wouldn't be driven crazy.
*Psst* but I know about the U availability trick
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alask...l#post25554227
Old Oct 13, 2015, 10:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
Originally Posted by IceTrojan

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
if you are only flying partners, you are not getting all that much benefit out of status anyways, and the difference between MVP and Gold to a partner like DL is inconsequential. slightly different story on AA, but you at least still get the free bag with MVP only status. i'd certainly not fly the extra 4K if i didn't intend on taking at least a couple of AS metal flights next year.
Old Oct 13, 2015, 11:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by PV_Premier
if you are only flying partners, you are not getting all that much benefit out of status anyways, and the difference between MVP and Gold to a partner like DL is inconsequential. slightly different story on AA, but you at least still get the free bag with MVP only status. i'd certainly not fly the extra 4K if i didn't intend on taking at least a couple of AS metal flights next year.
I may be a bit of an outlier... I do a lot of SEA-SoCal and this year took 2 transcons on AS. Also this year was a trip to Asia on AA in Y and to Europe on AF W, hence the heavy partner miles.

I have lifetime PLT on AA so I didn't need to credit any flights there, but can use my PLT privileges to access the lounge on international trips.

Given that I'll likely be continuing my trips to SEA, it gives me a bit more push to consider that MR. Really, the only thing holding me back is a possible holiday trip on AA, which would give me enough miles to break 50K.

#FirstWorldProblems for sure.
Old Oct 14, 2015, 7:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by jrl767
well I'm a month late to the posting party ... hit MVP on 9 Jul aboard AS 3, DCA-SEA, and projecting to make MVPG by early Dec ...
if my math is correct, "early Dec" will arrive next Tuesday morning ... I'm returning from a second short-notice WAS<-->SEA roundtrip, and should have 40007 AS BIS miles after the LAX-BWI flight
Old Oct 14, 2015, 8:38 am

Programs: Alaska Airlines, HHonnors, Marriott, Hertz Gold, Enterprise Plus
Opened my FF account in February for a flight I was taking in March. Just hit MVPG the first week of the month, probably won't make 75k unless a couple of unexpected trips crop up. Most likely will hit 75k next year.
Old Oct 14, 2015, 8:56 am

Programs: HH D, AS MM/MVPG for life/AL, Awesome Wipes VIP Club, NEXUS, Hertz 5-Star Gold
Originally Posted by rcarovano
Crossed the 90K threshold on Alaska and partners on 10/5. Earliest that I have ever earned MVP Gold 75K.
Well done! I remember our trip back from DC together. Hello to your wife, too!
Old Oct 14, 2015, 9:59 am

Programs: AS MVPG, Delta Plat, HHonors Gold, NEXUS, Marriott Silver
gonna hit MVP Gold this weekend on SEA <-> BNA!! Excited, I've never gotten such a status before (I managed to make the 35k level on Air Canada a few times, but that's it). Imagine what I could do if I ever flew for work
Old Oct 14, 2015, 11:09 am

Programs: DL 1MM Annual Silver,AS 100K 22-24, AS 75K 15-21

Looks like I won't make the 75K (WRONG!). Expected to end the year with 55K AS flown miles unless I book a few fast weekend trips. Now booking for 2016.

jiburi

Was I so wrong, I was going to end up with 55K but with a $400 Travel Voucher I earned, and a $100 Baggage delay compensation, it made it easy to book a few mileage run, SEA-BOS-SEA-JFK-SEA for free using the vouchers, and booking, SEA-EWR-SEA-PDX-SEA for less than $150, and another SEA-JFK-SEA for $250, a worthy investment.

Final Tally 75,188. Woot Hoot.

Last edited by jiburi; Dec 22, 2015 at 10:48 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.