Wiki Posts
Search

See something, say something

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2014, 11:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
See something, say something

No, not unattended luggage, but FT-tagged. If your bag is FT-enhanced, do you get many comments? Have you introduced yourself to such a person?

I did do so at a Boardroom in the latter case, turned out to be a regular here at the AS forum in fact. I don't have a tagged bag myself, but will consider it if folks say they get reactions/responses.
Old Dec 21, 2014, 12:05 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
On my DTW MR one woman said she's have a purple bag with a FT tag, she was quickly surrounded by all of us, if not for that we would not have all found each other on that very crowded flight and it made it fun to all be co-conspirators (it was the first MR for many of us).
Old Dec 21, 2014, 2:59 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AS 100K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat
For some reason, I've yet to see a FT tag during my travel. The only time I've seen those in person is when I attended the FTU
Old Dec 21, 2014, 8:19 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
IHG Contributor BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
I've had others approach me on AS flights- even someone in BRW

Its fun to spot tags- I'd encourage those without tags to pick them up ^.
Old Dec 21, 2014, 8:38 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by beckoa
even someone in BRW
That was me! Still relieved the plane came back from SCC and rescued us.

And in all my travels, Beckoa is the only other FTer I've met.
Old Dec 21, 2014, 8:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
I have a yellow FTer tag but it's on a small suitcase I don't travel with on every trip and even if I did bring that suitcase, I usually check my bag since it's free (and increases my chances of a $25 late bag certificate ). I am one of those people that really avoids carrying on very much at all since I would rather not drag a bunch of stuff around the airport....I usually just have what my wife calls my "man purse" which is a small bag with my paper work and ipad...I need to get a FTer tag for that I guess.

It's only been a few times that I've ran into other FTers and of course both times it's been on mileage runs....last October we met someone on the way back from our DTW mileage run and then back in my UA days we met at least one FTer on the way more exciting UA EWR-IST mileage run back when the IST fares were super cheap and we made it into a long weekend mini-vacation/mileage run.
Old Dec 21, 2014, 10:42 pm

Programs: AS MM, MVPGold100k, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle
I quit hanging my FT tags as i got no comments. I dont get any with my 75k tags either
Old Dec 21, 2014, 11:44 pm

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Never had another FT-er approach me and I always have my tags on my carryon. The only non-planned meeting I have had with another FT-er was a guy I spotted in the Sakura F lounge at NRT. He was photographing his food and drink so I figured he was doing a TR. No tags, but I went up to him and asked if he was on FT and sure enough, he was. Super nice guy and it was fun chatting with him. But no one has ever approached me, despite spending a bunch of time in lounges, planes and airports.
Old Dec 22, 2014, 1:12 am

Programs: AA EXP, AS 100K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by PDXPremier
(and increases my chances of a $25 late bag certificate )
you op for $25 and not the 2,500miles?
Old Dec 22, 2014, 1:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by jona970318
Yeah....probably a bad choice now that I think about it from a cpm perspective
Old Dec 22, 2014, 1:51 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by kwl747
That was me! Still relieved the plane came back from SCC and rescued us.

And in all my travels, Beckoa is the only other FTer I've met.
Agreed. I really needed to be at work the next day. Already was stranded the month before in GAM due to low ceilings (and was with the group of FTers in GST that had variable weather- one day the flight was cnld, the next it went thru (mine)). Hopefully DUT next year has ok wx *knocks on wood*

I do the $25 sometimes, as its EQM and contributes towards MM status...but depends on how I feel and how many discounts I hold at that time.
Old Dec 22, 2014, 6:40 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Lifetime SkyClub, AS MVP
I routinely go for the $25 and not the miles. Have a boatload of miles waiting to be used for partner flights (when my DH can take time off from work) and a small discount is more valuable in the near term.
Old Dec 22, 2014, 7:35 am

Programs: AS MVPG & Board Room, Marriott Silver, Global Entry
I have one around somewhere, and I was approached once in the Board Room by another FT member, but don't recall who. I've seen them in Aruba (I was arriving, they were departing) and in Hong Kong (I was boarding into F, them into Y and was anxious to get into my jammies).

I'd probably use mine more if it were about half the size (and I could find it).
Old Dec 22, 2014, 9:04 am

Programs: DL Silver, AS MVP, UA Silver, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, National Exec Elite
I made my own back during one of the Hampton promos for free tags... I used it for about 2 years (until the printed layer started to delaminate) with no comments. On the other hand, I've struck up conversations a couple of times I've seen people reading FT in lounges.
Old Dec 22, 2014, 9:31 am

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Originally Posted by IsleOfMan
I made my own back during one of the Hampton promos for free tags... I used it for about 2 years (until the printed layer started to delaminate) with no comments. On the other hand, I've struck up conversations a couple of times I've seen people reading FT in lounges.
I guess I'm old-fashioned/non techy but I find that kind of creepy. True, you can't hide what you're looking at in a public space, but I still think one should have the "illusion" of privacy. That someone would see what I'm looking at, and worse yet comment on it, just doesn't seem right to me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.