Is it just me or.....

Old Dec 19, 2014, 9:08 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Originally Posted by airbornedaddy
Unusual, I think.

I've called AS MVPG line dozens of times in the past few months, and my interactions have been nothing but great. Case in point- my DCA-PDX-SJC flight got cancelled two weeks ago due to a left engine malfunction... It returned to the gate and was put on standby; I sat on the plane and re-booked a flight, but the FAs wouldn't let me off the plane. It was a nail-biter, finally we all got released and I made the next standby DCA-SEA. But the SEA-SJC wasn't until the next morning at 6 AM, so I stayed at a hotel on my own dime.

After my trip, I called the MVPG line and they immediately credited $250 for IRROPs and asked for a receipt to reimburse the hotel stay ($200 @ Olive 8). The ticket itself couldn't have been more than $300. Can't ask for anything better, IMHO!! ^

Usually flying DCA to SEA or SJC. I am alway impressed with AS's customer service folks. And just re-upped my BR membership, to boot! Pancakes for all!

ho ho ho

-AD
Solid ^
Old Dec 19, 2014, 10:52 pm

Programs: AS MVP; Hilton Gold (Citi Card); Priority Pass (Citi Prestige); Nexus/Global Entry/TSA Pre
Very happy with AS customer service last night. My son was on a 5 hour delayed flight from LAX to SEA. Was supposed to leave at 7:40pm and it finally took off at 12:37am. I called them around 11pm and the agent was very nice and helpful for a concerned parent. They handed out $12 food vouchers for dinner to everyone and I had a $150 discount code in my inbox this morning. When all was said and done, there were about 30 people on the flight when it took off.
Old Dec 19, 2014, 11:22 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by Earendel
Very happy with AS customer service last night. My son was on a 5 hour delayed flight from LAX to SEA. Was supposed to leave at 7:40pm and it finally took off at 12:37am. I called them around 11pm and the agent was very nice and helpful for a concerned parent. They handed out $12 food vouchers for dinner to everyone and I had a $150 discount code in my inbox this morning. When all was said and done, there were about 30 people on the flight when it took off.
I haven't heard of AS giving out food vouchers in a looong time- they eliminated those I thought when they got rid of free meals in the back (although I picked up some with a bump a few years back).

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.