Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Mileage Plan Enhancements or Partners you'd like to see in 2015

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mileage Plan Enhancements or Partners you'd like to see in 2015

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2014, 12:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by pdxasflyer
[*]Becoming an Ultimate Rewards transfer partner.
"Hi, Bank of America? This is Alaska Airlines. Thanks for writing that big check to us for the exclusive credit card partnership, but we're sending it back, someone on FlyerTalk wants us to partner with Chase so we can be an Ultimate Rewards transfer partner."

"Yeah, I know, that's not part of the contract, but you have to understand, SOMEONE ON FLYERTALK ASKED US TO DO SOMETHING AND PUT IT ON A WISH LIST! WE'LL SEND YOU A COUPLE HUNDRED MILLION AND SUSPEND THE DIVIDENDS FOR THIS YEAR! THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT THING EVER FOR US!"
Old Dec 17, 2014, 1:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by dieuwer2
"Ironic"? More like a slap in the face of AA.
No. DL is apparently happy to pay more to AS to fly premium fares on DL, crediting to AS. AA is not happy to do that as of yet. AS isn't slapping anyone's face. AS is happy to take DL's $ if DL wants to buy more AS miles.
Old Dec 17, 2014, 1:30 pm

Ability to use companion certificate to purchase first class again, even if it means creating a new premium card product with a higher annual fee.
Old Dec 17, 2014, 1:39 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold, HHonors Diamond
I can dream so I will

1) Return of Iceland Air as a partner.
2) Ultimate Rewards partnership
3) Membership Rewards partnership
4) Priority bag delivery for elites

I know I know. I'm dreaming.

Neil
Old Dec 17, 2014, 2:04 pm

Programs: Alaska Mileage Plan MVPG, HHonors Gold, Hyatt GP Plat, SPG Gold, IHG Spire
Allowing more than one partner on award routings.
Old Dec 17, 2014, 2:08 pm

Programs: AA, DL, AS, VA, WS Silver
Originally Posted by WrightHI
This should be an easy one: add IB as a partner.
Or even easier: Allow Mileage Plan credit for AA-marketed flights operated by US.

(I recognize that US-marketed flights is difficult because it would involve interfacing with the US reservations system and not worth the effort because US is going away anyway, but AA-marketed flights should be relatively easy for the interim.)

Or dreaming more: allow mileage credit for partner-marketed flights operated by a different partner (eg AA*/QF).
Old Dec 17, 2014, 2:10 pm

Originally Posted by missamo80
4) Priority bag delivery for elites
Why this? I'm much happier with all bags being delivered within 20 minutes than I would be with my "priority" bag being the first of the bags delivered after 40 minutes (as is typical with DL). Keep the focus on delivering all bags efficiently; don't slow things down by sorting bags before delivering them.
Old Dec 17, 2014, 2:18 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold, HHonors Diamond
I knew my #4 would result in debate I hate waiting to be the last bag. That is all.

Also it doesn't have to slow delivery. All they have to do is load priority bags onto the plane last. Then they come off first and can get dropped on the belt first.

Neil
Old Dec 17, 2014, 2:19 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
No. DL is apparently happy to pay more to AS to fly premium fares on DL, crediting to AS.
Are you sure it works like that, Delta paying AS?
Old Dec 17, 2014, 2:24 pm

Originally Posted by missamo80
I knew my #4 would result in debate I hate waiting to be the last bag. That is all.

Also it doesn't have to slow delivery. All they have to do is load priority bags onto the plane last. Then they come off first and can get dropped on the belt first.
But my experience is that every airline with priority bags does take significantly longer than AS. And frankly, being unhappy about waiting to be the last bag when the last bag typically comes off faster than the first bag on other airlines doesn't seem entirely rational.
Old Dec 17, 2014, 2:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVPG, AA, BA, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Platinum, IHG, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by eponymous_coward
"Hi, Bank of America? This is Alaska Airlines. Thanks for writing that big check to us for the exclusive credit card partnership, but we're sending it back, someone on FlyerTalk wants us to partner with Chase so we can be an Ultimate Rewards transfer partner."

"Yeah, I know, that's not part of the contract, but you have to understand, SOMEONE ON FLYERTALK ASKED US TO DO SOMETHING AND PUT IT ON A WISH LIST! WE'LL SEND YOU A COUPLE HUNDRED MILLION AND SUSPEND THE DIVIDENDS FOR THIS YEAR! THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT THING EVER FOR US!"
Touche.
Thanks for bursting the bubble...

Have you seen the exclusive contract or otherwise know how long AS is locked in on their partnership with BofA? I supposed AS has been approached or otherwise considered a Chase tie up (ostensibly if their BofA contract came up), and likely saw greater economic benefits with BofA than Chase.

Still, it's why it's called a wish list, all existing contracts notwithstanding.
Old Dec 17, 2014, 2:28 pm

Priority tagged checked bags for sure. I highly doubt that segregating MVP bags and putting them on the loader first would jeopardize the overall 20 minute guarantee.
Old Dec 17, 2014, 2:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Per ALK's 10-K last annual report filed with the SEC:

Modified affinity card agreement with Bank of America and extended through 2017, estimated to generate $55 million in additional cash flows on an annual basis.
So... a BofA->Chase switch is probably not happening until 2017 at the earliest.

Last edited by eponymous_coward; Dec 17, 2014 at 2:38 pm
Old Dec 17, 2014, 2:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVPG, AA, BA, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Platinum, IHG, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by eponymous_coward
Per ALK's 10-K last annual report filed with the SEC:

So... probably not happening until 2017 at the earliest.
Thanks eponymous_coward! That would also eliminate any potential to be a Membership Rewards partner as well.

I suppose churning isn't such a bad thing...

Also adding to the Partner List:
SQ (Singapore Airlines)
Old Dec 17, 2014, 2:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by beckoa
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Upgrades on Award Tickets.
This would be huge....I've gotten quite a few upgrades on UA award tickets....and I don't mind being at the bottom of the barrel on the waiting list, it's just annoying to see them selling F upgrades at the gate with an elite sitting in Y on an award ticket. At the very least, I'm kinda surprised they don't at least do this for 75Ks.

It would be nice to have an AS branded credit card (like UA and AA) with a higher annual fee that comes with a BR membership....but I'll take the award ticket upgrades over everything else.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.