Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Consolidated Alaska Beyond Experiences/Thoughts (Free thru Jan 2015)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 10, 2015, 11:57 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: wheresdg
Free period Extended to end of March

For those who have experienced Alaska Beyond successfully, please post your tail #:
  • NXXXAS

N407AS - Alaska Beyond as of 2/10/15
N440AS - Alaska Beyond as of 1/11/15
N453AS ("Go Russell") - Successful as of 01/06/15
N469AS - Alaska Beyond as of 12/23/14
N517AS - Alaska Beyond as of 1/28/15
N522AS - Nope, as of 1/24/15
N526AS - Alaska Beyond as of 2/23/15
N534AS - Alaska Beyond as of 2/9/15
N565AS - Alaska Beyond as of 12/16/14
N581AS - Alaska Beyond as of 1/15/15
N588AS - Alaska Beyond as of 1/13/15
N590AS - Alaska Beyond as of 1/15/15
N563AS - Alaska Beyond as of 1/18/15

New handheld entertainment players began rolling out on 2/1/15. They have some pre-loaded content but also can access the streaming service.

If you prefer to use your own tablet or phone, here are the current supported devices and operating systems:

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2014, 7:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: HH D, AS MM/MVPG for life/AL, Awesome Wipes VIP Club, NEXUS, Hertz 5-Star Gold

From email press release received this morning

Travelers can power-up their own device, enjoy movies and TV shows at no extra charge through Jan. 31*

Starting today (12/15), Alaska Airlines customers can enjoy free* entertainment directly on their personal electronic devices. The new entertainment service, available today on 50 of Alaska's 737 planes, will be available at no extra charge through Jan. 31, 2015. Alaska will equip nearly all of its all-Boeing fleet by April 2015.

Alaska's inflight entertainment launch marks the debut of Alaska BeyondTM, a new flight experience that highlights what sets Seattle's hometown airline apart from other carriers. In addition to entertainment, Alaska Beyond is further defined by its artisan food and beverage program, and its in-cabin comforts including Recaro seats with personal power at every seat.

"If you haven't flown Alaska lately, you'll be delighted with the enhanced experience that we are now offering onboard," said Curtis Kopf, the airline's vice president of customer innovation and marketing. "At Alaska, we pride ourselves on offering unique amenities that make travel more enjoyable."

Alaska Beyond Entertainment lets customers catch up on their favorite television shows and watch recently released movies using their own Wi-Fi-enabled tablet, smartphone or laptop. *All content, including premium movies and TV shows, will be complimentary through Jan. 31, 2015. Starting Feb. 1, customers can still enjoy access to a wide selection of complimentary custom curated content and purchase premium movies and TV shows starting at $1.99.

With Alaska Beyond Comfort, Alaska customers power-up with standard and USB personal power outlets at every seat. The custom-designed leather seats, made by Recaro, feature 6-way adjustable headrests, enhanced personal space and three inches of recline. Access to power outlets is conveniently located in the seatback in front of each passenger. Today, more than 95 percent of Alaska's fleet of Boeing 737-800s, -900s, and -900ERs have power outlets at every seat. Many of Alaska's aircraft also feature the Boeing Sky Interior which creates a lighter and more spacious cabin. Later next year, Alaska will be the launch customer of Boeing's innovative Space Bins , which provide 48 percent more overhead bin storage.

Alaska Beyond Delicious offers travelers locally-sourced, artisan food and beverage from iconic Northwest brands, including signature entrees designed by award-winning chef Tom Douglas. The popular Signature Fruit & Cheese Platter features Beecher's Flagship and Tillamook cheeses are available on all flights, as well as hand-poured Canoe Ridge wines, Sun Liquor hand-crafted liquors, Alaskan Amber and other local micro-brews, and in First Class, Chateau Ste. Michelle wines.

Learn more about Alaska Beyond at www.alaskaair.com/beyond .

Launching Beyond Entertainment
Customers will know entertainment is available on their device by reviewing the Flight Amenities seatback card located at each seat on equipped aircraft. Programing available through Alaska's inflight entertainment is powered by Gogo Vision, a service that wirelessly streams content from a server onboard the aircraft to customer tablets and smart phones.

Customers can begin viewing content after the aircraft reaches an altitude of 10,000 feet. To connect, customers go to the Gogo Inflight network, launch their browser and click on "Entertainment." Further instructions and a list of supported devices is available at www.gogoair.com . Customers traveling without a device can rent a video player with pre-loaded content on many longer flights. Prices vary depending on the length of the flight and start at $8.

Learn more about Alaska Beyond at blog.alaskaair.com or download images and b-roll at http://bit.ly/AlaskaIFE .

Last edited by dave1013; Dec 15, 2014 at 7:10 am
Old Dec 15, 2014, 7:09 am

Programs: AA EXP, AS 100K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat
So I'm assuming 75ks don't get free entertainment anymore?
Old Dec 15, 2014, 7:17 am

Programs: DL, US, XE, VS, VX, AS
75Ks still get a free digE on digE equipped flights.
Old Dec 15, 2014, 7:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by UpstateDave
75Ks still get a free digE on digE equipped flights.
Although they are planning on replacing the DigEs with new tablets but there was no mention when that is going to happen...I'm assuming in the first part of 2015.
Old Dec 15, 2014, 8:21 am

Programs: AS100K, AS Lounge+, Marriott Plat, SBUXG, GE, Costco Exec, Amazon Prime, Nat Parks Yearly Pass
From the FAQ:
Will MVP, MVP Gold, MVP Gold 75K members have to pay for content, after the introductory period?
Yes.

Last edited by the42ndstate; Dec 15, 2014 at 8:28 am
Old Dec 15, 2014, 8:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
If AS wants to play the game with DL, they should give some free content just like DL is giving. First Class and economy comfort are also free on DL

I also hope they get the Hawaii bug worked out. Over on DL you have to have to have the movie playing before gogo goes down in order to keep streaming it from the online server.
Old Dec 15, 2014, 8:33 am

Programs: AS 75K, Delta Plat, AA 1MM, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold
Alaska Beyond

Fist class free? No mention in faq
Old Dec 15, 2014, 8:48 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Originally Posted by the42ndstate
From the FAQ:
Will MVP, MVP Gold, MVP Gold 75K members have to pay for content, after the introductory period?
Yes.
Well hope 75K's retain the tablet.

If not...I might go to the movies a bit more often...
Old Dec 15, 2014, 8:48 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Originally Posted by CDKing
If AS wants to play the game with DL, they should give some free content just like DL is giving. First Class and economy comfort are also free on DL

I also hope they get the Hawaii bug worked out. Over on DL you have to have to have the movie playing before gogo goes down in order to keep streaming it from the online server.
Yes...the Hawaii bug sounds like a sucky one
Old Dec 15, 2014, 9:08 am

Programs: AS; Hyatt; Bonvoy
Originally Posted by the42ndstate
From the FAQ:
Yes.
That absolutely stinks.

It should be free for G75K and when you're traveling in F.

Alaska Air, listen up!
Old Dec 15, 2014, 9:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by AKCuisine
That absolutely stinks.

Alaska Air, listen up!
I fully expect them to change course on this one but it may take awhile....look how long it took them to get rid of the polenta
Old Dec 15, 2014, 9:16 am

Programs: AS; Hyatt; Bonvoy
Originally Posted by PDXPremier
I fully expect them to change course on this one but it may take awhile....look how long it took them to get rid of the polenta
Shhhhh - don't jinx it PDXPremier!

I'm flying tomorrow, and if I see even a hint of polenta I'm going to hunt you down ...
Old Dec 15, 2014, 9:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by AKCuisine
That absolutely stinks.

Alaska Air, listen up!
I don't think they will let up on free for 75K as the FAQ indicates there will still be dig-e-player rentals. If that goes away I'm sure they may change Alaska Beyond
Old Dec 15, 2014, 9:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: HH D, AS MM/MVPG for life/AL, Awesome Wipes VIP Club, NEXUS, Hertz 5-Star Gold
More Admirals Club access for BR members

Moved

Last edited by dave1013; Dec 15, 2014 at 9:56 am Reason: Made new thread
Old Dec 15, 2014, 10:29 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold, HHonors Diamond
Anyone know the tail numbers of the planes that have the new ife?

Neil

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.