Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New images when searching AS flights

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2014, 12:34 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Cool New images when searching AS flights

Old Dec 9, 2014, 1:41 am

Programs: AS MVP, Club 49, Global Entry, National Emerald Club, Hilton Silver
Now if only they had a symbol for the Boeing Sky Interior!
Old Dec 9, 2014, 8:01 am

Programs: AS100K, AS Lounge+, Marriott Plat, SBUXG, GE, Costco Exec, Amazon Prime, Nat Parks Yearly Pass
... And polenta
Old Dec 9, 2014, 8:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
Originally Posted by the42ndstate
... And polenta
^^^
Old Dec 9, 2014, 9:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by PV_Premier
^^^
This made me laugh......but yes, let me add my ^
Old Dec 9, 2014, 10:15 am

Programs: AS MVP, Hyatt Diamond
I just got the Tuesday 5% off email, but the link does not let me select any cities. I guess they have not replaced Cyber Monday specials with any others yet?
Old Dec 9, 2014, 11:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
Originally Posted by JoJo12
I just got the Tuesday 5% off email, but the link does not let me select any cities. I guess they have not replaced Cyber Monday specials with any others yet?
http://www.alaskaair.com/content/dea...ptest:homepage

looks like hawaii is on "sale", plus a few other random cities. dates mostly until end of January.
Old Dec 9, 2014, 11:27 am

Programs: AS MVP; Hilton Gold (Citi Card); Priority Pass (Citi Prestige); Nexus/Global Entry/TSA Pre
Originally Posted by AKLifetimeFlyer
Now if only they had a symbol for the Boeing Sky Interior!
Speaking of the Sky Interior - Alaska needs to train their FAs on how to use it. I have been on 4 flights this year with Sky and only one flight actually used it correctly. The others just kept it in blue or *shudder* white, which is the cleaning mode. Only the one flight actually used the different color schemes for cruise, meal service and landing modes.
Old Dec 9, 2014, 2:42 pm

Originally Posted by Earendel
Speaking of the Sky Interior - Alaska needs to train their FAs on how to use it. I have been on 4 flights this year with Sky and only one flight actually used it correctly. The others just kept it in blue or *shudder* white, which is the cleaning mode. Only the one flight actually used the different color schemes for cruise, meal service and landing modes.
I'm just curious where you were trained how to use it? or are you just guessing which modes should be used when?
Old Dec 9, 2014, 4:26 pm
ANC

Programs: AS MVPG, CO, NW(now DL), Flying Blue
Originally Posted by the42ndstate
... And polenta
Ha! and the symbol could be.........

Old Dec 9, 2014, 4:38 pm

Programs: AS MVP; Hilton Gold (Citi Card); Priority Pass (Citi Prestige); Nexus/Global Entry/TSA Pre
Originally Posted by AS Flyer
I'm just curious where you were trained how to use it? or are you just guessing which modes should be used when?
I work for major aerospace company in the Seattle area (IT support for Marketing).
Old Dec 9, 2014, 5:05 pm

Teague is the company that partners with Boeing to do all of the design work for the airplane interiors:

http://www.teague.com/relationships/case-study/boeing#

They have some gallery's that house mockups (like a car show room) where airlines can come and select seats, lavs, galleys, etc, and select colors and fabrics for the interiors.

Here is a picture of their Customer Experience Center in Renton:

http://www.gly.com/projects/project-...ffice/show/193

I get to walk through the mockups every once in a while.
Old Dec 9, 2014, 6:38 pm

Originally Posted by Earendel
I've been on a two flights with the sky interior on AS this year, and also noticed that they were only using the blue mood lighting and then switched it off. But, I can't say if that is typical.
Old Dec 10, 2014, 5:09 am

Originally Posted by sltlyamusd
I've been on a two flights with the sky interior on AS this year, and also noticed that they were only using the blue mood lighting and then switched it off. But, I can't say if that is typical.
I've noticed that a lot. Blue for takeoff and then just turn it off.
Old Dec 10, 2014, 9:29 am

Found a good article about the AS Sky Interior from a couple of years ago that gives a few more details:

http://www.geekwire.com/2012/alaska-...-sky-interior/

"Alaska will use the standard sky blue for daytime flights, but switch to a pinkish “sunrise/sunset” palette for night departures, and a very dark blue scheme for taxi, takeoff and landing instead of turning all the cabin lights off. Flight attendants can control the nine standard and four Alaska-custom light settings from a touchscreen panel."

The one flight I was on used the very dark blue for takeoff/landing and turned the orange sunset color on at one point in the flight. I know they also have a color that is intended for meal service.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.