Wiki Posts
Search

Mix AS 20K and AA saver levels?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2014, 1:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Mix AS 20K and AA saver levels?

Can I have both in the same award ticket (issued by AS)?

Example:
IND-ORD - AA saver
ORD-ANC - AS 20K level

AS.com seems to not like the idea.
Old Dec 2, 2014, 1:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Nope. You need Saver inventory for both AA and AS in the same award for what you want to work, otherwise it breaks into two awards.
Old Dec 2, 2014, 6:47 pm
ANC

Programs: AS MVPG, CO, NW(now DL), Flying Blue
your best hope is for AS to start flying to IND then that wont be an issue

my first tip would be to avoid american eagle

my second tip would be to avoid american eagle in and out of ORD

if you are looking during summer hours you can still get to ANC from IND with 1 stop on an AS award via DFW all on AA mainline

Last edited by ANC; Dec 2, 2014 at 6:56 pm
Old Feb 22, 2015, 1:42 pm
Original Poster

Follow up question. We established that you CAN'T mix partner saver and AS supra-saver into one award. However, I'm wondering if this also applies to regional partners like PenAir. Or is it possible to mix them, e.g. PenAir saver and AS supra-saver?

Last edited by italdesign; Feb 22, 2015 at 1:51 pm
Old Feb 22, 2015, 2:16 pm
ANC

Programs: AS MVPG, CO, NW(now DL), Flying Blue
Originally Posted by italdesign
Follow up question. We established that you CAN'T mix partner saver and AS supra-saver into one award. However, I'm wondering if this also applies to regional partners like PenAir. Or is it possible to mix them, e.g. PenAir saver and AS supra-saver?
I dont think so. I think there is an exception for Dutch Harbor on Penair, which is treated almost as AS metal just like the Skywest operated flights
Old Feb 22, 2015, 2:30 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

AS super saver mixes with AA saver (well lowest tier of both awards)

The issue before is AS @ 20K within the 49 states is a choice award. You'd be looking for 12.5K W class award to mix with AS.
Old Feb 22, 2015, 4:45 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by beckoa
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

The issue before is AS @ 20K within the 49 states is a choice award. You'd be looking for 12.5K W class award to mix with AS.
To be clear, are you saying if I find a PenAir award that is W class and 12.5K, then I can mix it with AS 20K?
Old Feb 23, 2015, 1:47 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E

Originally Posted by beckoa

To be clear, are you saying if I find a PenAir award that is W class and 12.5K, then I can mix it with AS 20K?
KS awards are their own animal. They combine in odd ways.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.