Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CRJ-700

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30, 2014, 7:20 pm

How many 737s are on order, and what type?
73 on order, I believe the breakdown is 36/-900ER, 20/MAX8 and 17/MAX9 with deliveries through 2022.

Any guesses on what they will replace?
My prediction is there will be no -400's by 2018, no passenger -700's by 2019 and no -900's by 2021.

I read recently AS is the only US based airline still using 400s.
Yes, as far as scheduled carriers go. There are a few charter airlines that still use them.

I also read AS was going to phase out the 700 series but this shows there are still 14 of them.
Not going to happen, at least not entirely. Three or more -700's will be converted to freighters, the rest may go or get a temporary stay of execution due to the competition with Delta.

I know some of the 400 series are now four rows of first
All are still three rows of first.
Old Nov 30, 2014, 7:42 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by Putzy
Not going to happen, at least not entirely. Three or more -700's will be converted to freighters, the rest may go or get a temporary stay of execution due to the competition with Delta.
Cool. I didn't realize that the 700's were earmarked as freighters.
Old Dec 1, 2014, 1:35 pm

Programs: WN CP/A-List, AS MVPG75K
Originally Posted by beckoa
Cool. I didn't realize that the 700's were earmarked as freighters.
I don't think it's been "officially" announced yet...It's just a rumor.
Old Dec 1, 2014, 10:01 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by tusphotog
I was just thinking they'd be 734's myself
Old Dec 2, 2014, 10:34 am

Is there a program to convert the -900 to a -900ER configuration? Or is AS "stuck" with the -900s it has?
Old Dec 2, 2014, 2:52 pm

Originally Posted by tusphotog
Not officially announced yet, but not a rumor. I guess we'll have to wait and see, won't we.

Is there a program to convert the -900 to a -900ER configuration? Or is AS "stuck" with the -900s it has?
Very short answer is no and yes.

The biggest difference that would be of benefit is the stronger wing that allows a higher max. takeoff weight. Since only 52 were made it would never make economic sense to offer a program to modify them. Other changes such as the flat rear pressure bulkhead, plugged exit doors and retractable tail skid, would be of little to no benefit to AS.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.