Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

2015 MVP: Bye Delta? Miles now based on fare class.

Old Nov 26, 2014, 10:16 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: missydarlin
Mileage accrual on Delta flights are changing eff 1/1/15.

Increase in miles earned on premium fares. Decrease on discount economy.

First Class

F, P - 200% of miles flown
A - 175% of miles flown
G - 125% of miles flown

Business Class

J,C - 175% of miles flown
D, I - 150% of miles flown
Z - 125% of miles flown

Economy

Y - 125% of miles flown
B, M, S - 100% of miles flown
H, Q, K - 75% of miles flown
L, U, T, X, V - 50% of miles flown
E - 25% of miles flown

http://www.alaskaair.com/content/mileage-plan/benefits/elite-levels-and-benefits/program-changes.aspx
Print Wikipost

2015 MVP: Bye Delta? Miles now based on fare class.

Old Nov 26, 2014, 11:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
I guess American "O" flights are the equivalent of Delta's "E" fare, but they don't penalize their own flyers, just partners?
No, DL E Fares are completely different than O fares on AA. O fares are exactly the same as the other discount fares just earns 0 when crediting to AS.

E fares are specifically filed to compete with the ULCC on select routes. At some point its expected DL may introduce a 28in pitch seat primarily for people who book these fares

•Non-refundable/changeable fares
•No advance seat selection (prior to the check-in window)
•No Same Day Confirm or Same Day Standby
•No Complimentary Medallion Upgrades
•No Preferred Seating or Economy Comfort
•No paid upgrades allowed

Read more: http://thepointsguy.com/2014/10/delt...#ixzz3KCPJ7k54
Follow us: @thepointsguy on Twitter | thepointsguy on Facebook
Old Nov 26, 2014, 11:06 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Its happened...
Old Nov 26, 2014, 11:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by beckoa
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Its happened...
I know you are excited about the 125% 75K member benefit on AS metal
Old Nov 26, 2014, 11:11 am

Programs: AS: MVPG, Hyatt: P, SPG: G, Marriott: G, IHG: P
Originally Posted by ptpinit
On the Delta partner page, I see the asterisk for flights less than 500 miles earning a minimum 500 miles. Do I understand correctly that this will hold true after 1/1/15, even for the cheapest of cheap fares?

http://www.alaskaair.com/content/mil...ers/delta.aspx
My understanding of the 500 miles minimum is: if the fare class only earn 50%, you only get 50% of the 500 miles minimum (so actually 250 miles).
Old Nov 26, 2014, 11:12 am

Programs: Alaska MVP, Hilton Diamond
I've always harped on the fact us lowly MVP'ers are charged the same cancel/change fee penalty of $125.00 as any non-status passenger while one level up to Gold the fees are totally waived. There should be some "middle ground" and I'm disappointed this is not changing in 2015.
Old Nov 26, 2014, 11:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CDKing
E fares are specifically filed to compete with the ULCC on select routes. At some point its expected DL may introduce a 28in pitch seat primarily for people who book these fares
It's "expected" they "may" introduce. Talk about a nonsensical statement.
Old Nov 26, 2014, 11:30 am

Programs: WN CP/A-List, AS MVPG75K
Since I usually find myself on P and A fares with DL this is a win for me. Plus 125% miles for 75K. Happy day indeed. I might start buying more AS F fares too just to pull in the bonus EQMs faster.

Still disappointed that we won't earn on US, however if the merger timeline is correct, they'll get a SOC mid-2015. Once that happens, all US flights go away and they are "American Airlines" flights. Hopefully that opens it up for us.
Old Nov 26, 2014, 11:35 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75k,UA Silver,Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by AKLifetimeFlyer
What a joke. I have no reason to fly Delta anymore.
What was your reason in the first place?

Mine is to get east, AS only serves so many cities outside of west coast, but I'm happy they they have been expanding to more each year.
Old Nov 26, 2014, 11:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by LBJ
It's "expected" they "may" introduce. Talk about a nonsensical statement.
I don't care about proper English and sentence structure. Someone is expected to, It may or may not be Delta.
Old Nov 26, 2014, 11:44 am

Elite Qualifying Miles?

So it is clear on the new table how a Mileage Plan member will earn redeemable miles based on the DL fare code.

However, what does not seem clear is elite qualifying miles: Will these be earned on actual flight miles or are they also reduced for discount Y fares?
Old Nov 26, 2014, 11:49 am
Moderator Communications Coordinator, Signatures

Programs: TubWorld, Bar Alliance, Borratxo Legendarium
Originally Posted by B787938
So it is clear on the new table how a Mileage Plan member will earn redeemable miles based on the DL fare code.

However, what does not seem clear is elite qualifying miles: Will these be earned on actual flight miles or are they also reduced for discount Y fares?
They will also be reduced
Old Nov 26, 2014, 11:49 am

Programs: Marriott (Silver/Gold), IHG, Carlson, Best Western, Choice( Gold), AS (MVP), WN, UA
In Media circles today is referred to as take out the trash day.....published releases of negative information wont get picked up by many.
Old Nov 26, 2014, 11:52 am

Programs: Marriott (Silver/Gold), IHG, Carlson, Best Western, Choice( Gold), AS (MVP), WN, UA
The funny thing the way I came across this in my email seemed like it was a positive email...look at all the extras you will get next year....

"

The advantages of flying on Alaska don't stop at our award-winning service and ever-growing route map. We're increasing the number of bonus miles on certain fare classes when you fly Alaska starting January 1, 2015. As always, you can count on continuing to earn miles based on flight distance when you fly on Alaska and most of our airline partners. What's not to love?
"
Old Nov 26, 2014, 11:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
Originally Posted by flycal312
I have 2 trips in Jan/Feb that involve 50K miles on Delta in V class...so now those miles are cut to 50%. What a bunch of BS. Anyone planning to request full miles for trips early in the new year?
Fat chance. I just booked a DL TATL trip for February in V class. Should have been 11k EQMs, now 5.5k. I just won't do that again. Future longhauls on my own dime will be via BA or AA, or I'll head up to YVR and fly KL metal.
Old Nov 26, 2014, 12:00 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
So, when do you guys think the award chart will hike?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.