Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Boeing Field

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2014, 6:05 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, Alaska Lounge, HHonors Silver, Bonvoy Gold, National Executive
Originally Posted by WestSideBilly
Are FAs required if there are no passengers?
Nope. Sometimes they may be present if there are passengers one way and they need to ferry the plane back, but they are not required to simply ferry a plane. I think the FAA assumes the pilots can take care of themselves if there's an emergency.
Old Nov 27, 2014, 8:11 am
ANC

Programs: AS MVPG, CO, NW(now DL), Flying Blue
Originally Posted by lg20
Nope. Sometimes they may be present if there are passengers one way and they need to ferry the plane back, but they are not required to simply ferry a plane. I think the FAA assumes the pilots can take care of themselves if there's an emergency.
I believe it is required by the FAA to have 2 in the flight deck cabin at all times in case there is a medical emergency involving the flight deck crew. So in other words they couldnt go use the toilet ever. It could maybe be airline policies and not FAA, I dont know. I do know that AS has FAs on the cargo plane or at least they used to. A lot of Fedex jets also fly with FAs
Old Nov 27, 2014, 12:40 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Originally Posted by ANC
Originally Posted by lg20
I believe it is required by the FAA to have 2 in the flight deck cabin at all times in case there is a medical emergency involving the flight deck crew. So in other words they couldnt go use the toilet ever. It could maybe be airline policies and not FAA, I dont know. I do know that AS has FAs on the cargo plane or at least they used to. A lot of Fedex jets also fly with FAs
Knew @ combi. Didn't know @ Freighter...interesting.
Old Nov 27, 2014, 2:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by ANC
Originally Posted by beckoa
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Knew @ combi. Didn't know @ Freighter...interesting.
No FAs are required for the AS 737 freighter.

If the AS combi is flying all cargo with no passengers then 1 FA is required per FAA.
Old Nov 27, 2014, 5:17 pm
ANC

Programs: AS MVPG, CO, NW(now DL), Flying Blue
Originally Posted by jerry a. laska
No FAs are required for the AS 737 freighter.

If the AS combi is flying all cargo with no passengers then 1 FA is required per FAA.
ahhh so the freighter doesnt need one. Thanks for the clarity

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.