Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Free Economy Comfort Seating on DL and AA gone for MVP 75K?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Free Economy Comfort Seating on DL and AA gone for MVP 75K?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2014, 9:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by IsleOfMan
There are instances where DL elites would clear AFTER an AS Elite on DL metal, such as is if the DL elite was on an award ticket. Otherwise AS elites are at the bottom of the paid portion of the upgrade list. It would go (excluding tie DL Reserve AMEX modifiers and tie breakers):

DL Diamond - Full Y
DL Platinum - Full Y
DL Gold - Full Y
DL Silver - Full Y
DL Diamond - Other Paid Fares
DL Platinum - Other Paid Fares
DL Gold - Other Paid Fares
DL Silver - Other Paid Fares
DL Medallion Companions - Paid Fares
SkyTeam/AS Elites - Paid Fares
DL Diamond - Award / Pay With Miles
DL Platinum - Award / Pay With Miles
DL Gold - Award / Pay With Miles
Your priority list is not correct. DL elites on awards get cleared behind paid fares in their elite level, not below all paid fares. That was changed some years ago. The priority list on delta.com reflects it, and that's the way it works.

http://www.delta.com/content/www/en_...-upgrades.html

Old Oct 30, 2014, 12:24 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, former AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Uber Diamond, National Executive
Originally Posted by CDKing
I've selected MCE during booking. Are you one of the recent status matchers? That could be the problem as it takes time for partner systems to recognize your new status
Shamefully, I am a new status matcher. However, I intend to earn it next year.
Old Oct 30, 2014, 2:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by nickflies
Shamefully, I am a new status matcher. However, I intend to earn it next year.
I'm not sure how often the partners get the data dump. The same happens when you go from MVP to MVPG so not just limited to status matchers. I just figured since you list EXP in your profile that you fell in the group that AA doesn't yet have the info on. You can always put your AAdvantage number in to grab the seats and in a few weeks when you put in AS member number the benefit will be there.

Just be aware that if its an O fare to use AA number as they earn 0 on AS
Old Oct 30, 2014, 3:40 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, former AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Uber Diamond, National Executive
Originally Posted by CDKing
I'm not sure how often the partners get the data dump. The same happens when you go from MVP to MVPG so not just limited to status matchers. I just figured since you list EXP in your profile that you fell in the group that AA doesn't yet have the info on. You can always put your AAdvantage number in to grab the seats and in a few weeks when you put in AS member number the benefit will be there.

Just be aware that if its an O fare to use AA number as they earn 0 on AS
Thanks for the tip on O fares! Good to know.

This booking was theoretical... will use my EXP for the rest of this year on AA, just thinking ahead to next year when I will lose EXP and begin crediting to AS to keep 75K. Hopefully the status will be synced by then!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.