Status Matched, do I get points bonus?

Old Oct 20, 2014, 5:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, SW RR+ Companion, Avis President's Club
Status Matched, do I get points bonus?

I just got a Gold 75k status match from my Southwest A+ CP, and I've seen a few pieces of paper so far that say when you get Gold 75k, you get a 50k point bonus.

I didn't get this bonus, is it something I can request, or is it out of the question?
Old Oct 20, 2014, 5:59 pm

Programs: AS Million Miler since 2011, Lifetime MVPG
Are you sure that it's Gold 75K and not just Gold? You would be the first I ever heard of getting matched to 75k.

I stand corrected, I see they are now matching to 75K. That sucks.

Last edited by slopeboy40; Oct 20, 2014 at 6:02 pm Reason: I see they match 75k now.
Old Oct 20, 2014, 6:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by slopeboy40
Are you sure that it's Gold 75K and not just Gold? You would be the first I ever heard of getting matched to 75k.

I stand corrected, I see they are now matching to 75K. That sucks.
+1....wow, definitely the first person I've ever seen status matched to 75K
Old Oct 20, 2014, 6:12 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
There have been a few reports of 75K status matches in the status match thread. No bonus points so far though.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alask...tus-match.html
Old Oct 20, 2014, 6:59 pm

Originally Posted by Raybdbomb
I just got a Gold 75k status match from my Southwest A+ CP, and I've seen a few pieces of paper so far that say when you get Gold 75k, you get a 50k point bonus.

I didn't get this bonus, is it something I can request, or is it out of the question?
Absolutely unreasonable and out of the question, IMO.
Old Oct 20, 2014, 8:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
No and Thank god.
Old Oct 20, 2014, 8:29 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Really? Its bad enough AS is status matching to 75K...but bonus points?

I urge everyone who got 75K to write to AS in regard to reducing the benefits of this so called 'elusive tier'.
Old Oct 20, 2014, 8:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Now if only AS would stop giving away MVPG Upgrade coupons to status matchers and add a challenge requirement. These straight matches need to go. No one else does straight matches these days,

Please tell me OP that you didn't match so you can get a free trip on AS dime? The bonus is for putting your butt in seat
Old Oct 20, 2014, 9:07 pm

Programs: AS MM, MVPGold100k, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle
Put me in the category of Shocked and not happy about hearing that someone can be status matched at the 75k tier let alone get the bonus without a single mile flown on AS
Old Oct 20, 2014, 9:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by ctporter
Put me in the category of Shocked and not happy about hearing that someone can be status matched at the 75k tier let alone get the bonus without a single mile flown on AS
And every UA FTer on the planet immediately cashes in for 50K towards an EK/CX F ticket.

(Hey, they know how to work the system from before the CO merger: "My reading light's broken! $500 voucher, please!")

It's bad enough that I suspect we'll see people do these strictly so they can MVPG upgrade that Hawaii trip they're going to take out of SJC/SAN/SEA/SMF/OAK with their spouse... and not fly on AS at all other than that one trip. Oh, well.
Old Oct 20, 2014, 10:52 pm

Well, this really makes me question my decision to go after Alaska status the "old fashioned way" rather than doing a status challenge through US Air. Had I known they'd match up to 75k and give out upgrade certificates as well, I probably would of gone that route instead. Sigh. That'd be even more infuriating if they give out 50k bonus miles on top of all that.
Old Oct 20, 2014, 11:07 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines
Nobody receives bonus points on a Status Match.
Old Oct 20, 2014, 11:59 pm

Programs: MVP G75K,HH Diamond,Avis First
I think the worst part is the match from Southwest. I'm fine with the match if it guarantees him the exit row 17F on the 700's and nothing else same as Southwest. Moving up not so much should have to earn it.

If Alaska does give him the 50k(hope not) why not throw in some companion certs for making the switch, don't want him to have to go backwards.

Congrats, but do remember Alaska is starting to board like Southwest so get to the gate early so you get in your seat and hopefully get your bags(4) up early. Never mind you will be the person standing at the gate 1 hour before at the front remembering that A1 pick, just remember don't take the first available. You have to be assigned the seat. Who cares though everybody switches everybody these days.
Old Oct 21, 2014, 1:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, SW RR+ Companion, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by CDKing
Now if only AS would stop giving away MVPG Upgrade coupons to status matchers and add a challenge requirement. These straight matches need to go. No one else does straight matches these days,

Please tell me OP that you didn't match so you can get a free trip on AS dime? The bonus is for putting your butt in seat
No, not just for a free trip -- I'm a 50+ segment/year traveler. Considering switching from southwest to alaska out of PDX.

But I wouldn't refuse 50k bonus points...
Old Oct 21, 2014, 2:14 am

Programs: AS Million Miler since 2011, Lifetime MVPG
I don't dare tell my 75K wife about this, she'd be furious.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.