Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Status Matched, do I get points bonus?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2014, 3:00 pm

Originally Posted by IsleOfMan
I don't think that would work... as mentioned, AS only status matches for people with NO status to begin with. The 50k bonus points (which it looks like status match doesn't receive) is a reasonable carrot as well. How often would you use CP? If it's only a couple of round-trips/year with your spouse, the extra AS points might even things out.
That's actually not true, oddly enough.

My colleague was an MVP, but they matched him to Gold upon seeing his United Premier 1K credentials.

He's now a 75K (from BIS flying), so it worked.
Old Oct 22, 2014, 3:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by United757
That's actually not true, oddly enough.

My colleague was an MVP, but they matched him to Gold upon seeing his United Premier 1K credentials.

He's now a 75K (from BIS flying), so it worked.
For the heck of it I'm going to try to use my 1K and see if they will bump me up. Worth a shot. I dropped to MVPG since I moved a lot over to UA. I may try to make the case that I'd move international onto AS partners.
Old Oct 22, 2014, 3:59 pm
Moderator Communications Coordinator, Signatures

Programs: TubWorld, Bar Alliance, Borratxo Legendarium
Originally Posted by CDKing
For the heck of it I'm going to try to use my 1K and see if they will bump me up. Worth a shot. I dropped to MVPG since I moved a lot over to UA. I may try to make the case that I'd move international onto AS partners.
You can generally only play the status match card once ... so be sure that its worth it to you to play it before you try.
Old Oct 22, 2014, 9:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by missydarlin
You can generally only play the status match card once ... so be sure that its worth it to you to play it before you try.
I did burn the match many years ago Then again the odds of me ever getting elite status again with another carrier outside AS is so slim, i wont be able to match again anyways. That's if worthwhile FF programs aren't extinct in the next decade

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.