Flight schedule changes?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2014, 2:41 pm
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
Flight schedule changes?

I was looking to book an AS flight BZN-SEA in December but it has dropped off of the booking engine. ExpertFlyer doesn't show the afternoon flight at all however AS flight schedules still show it as a daily service. Is this an indication of an impending schedule change or just something goofy with the booking engine?

Delta (more familiar with their operation) usually zeroes a flight out before dropping it from the schedule.

Thanks for any insight.
Old Aug 31, 2014, 2:43 pm

Originally Posted by TTT
I was looking to book an AS flight BZN-SEA in December but it has dropped off of the booking engine. ExpertFlyer doesn't show the afternoon flight at all however AS flight schedules still show it as a daily service. Is this an indication of an impending schedule change or just something goofy with the booking engine?

Delta (more familiar with their operation) usually zeroes a flight out before dropping it from the schedule.

Thanks for any insight.
I just did a similar thing on a different routing and got the same thing. It's as if 90% of their flights are fully booked. I think it's a glitch in their systems.
Old Aug 31, 2014, 3:12 pm
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CZBB
I just did a similar thing on a different routing and got the same thing. It's as if 90% of their flights are fully booked. I think it's a glitch in their systems.
Thanks. I hope so - I didn't look at other flights. Hope it gets sorted out soon.

Edit: Just checked ExpertFlyer again and see all the flights have returned (at least for the day/route I was looking for).
Old Aug 31, 2014, 4:23 pm

Originally Posted by TTT
Thanks. I hope so - I didn't look at other flights. Hope it gets sorted out soon.

Edit: Just checked ExpertFlyer again and see all the flights have returned (at least for the day/route I was looking for).
I'm sorry to hear you ran into this problem! Earlier today there was a glitch behind the scenes where availability displays and even pricing were temporarily not functioning properly, displaying incorrect routing and so forth. It has been corrected but could take up to one hour for all data to re-sync properly and return to normal.
Old Aug 31, 2014, 4:27 pm

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Thanks for this. I thought I was going nuts. I just went in to try to upfare from a G so I can use a Gold upgrade cert and the flight I am booked on had disappeared. Although my reservation is still showing normally, the flight is gone when I try to search for it. I'll check a bit later.
Old Aug 31, 2014, 4:47 pm
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Snowdevil
I'm sorry to hear you ran into this problem! Earlier today there was a glitch behind the scenes where availability displays and even pricing were temporarily not functioning properly, displaying incorrect routing and so forth. It has been corrected but could take up to one hour for all data to re-sync properly and return to normal.
Thanks Snowdevil. Good to know it was a temporary glitch. I will check in a little bit to see if the flights are bookable.
Old Sep 1, 2014, 6:53 pm

Programs: AS MVPG
I noticed next February there is only one daily non-stop PDX-PHX flight listed on the schedule. Anyone know if thats a glitch? I didn't hear anything about AS reducing frequency.
Old Sep 2, 2014, 8:28 pm
ANC

Programs: AS MVPG, CO, NW(now DL), Flying Blue
Originally Posted by OSUFlyer
I noticed next February there is only one daily non-stop PDX-PHX flight listed on the schedule. Anyone know if thats a glitch? I didn't hear anything about AS reducing frequency.
there isnt often announcements when route frequencies are reduced. Its possible
Old Sep 2, 2014, 8:39 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; Android 4.4.2; SAMSUNG-SM-G870A Build/KOT49H) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/36.0.1985.135 Mobile Safari/537.36)

Originally Posted by OSUFlyer
They've been steadily chipping away at PDX-PHX for a while now. I wouldn't be surprised if it becomes winter seasonal next.
Old Sep 3, 2014, 7:10 pm
ANC

Programs: AS MVPG, CO, NW(now DL), Flying Blue
Originally Posted by Chugach
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; Android 4.4.2; SAMSUNG-SM-G870A Build/KOT49H) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/36.0.1985.135 Mobile Safari/537.36)

They've been steadily chipping away at PDX-PHX for a while now. I wouldn't be surprised if it becomes winter seasonal next.
I thought maybe they'd try PDX-MKE since WN is competing in SEA on the route and WN and DL trying to suck traffic from AS in SEA

They been axeing away at PDX for a while but not really reducing stuff that wasnt there just a couple few years ago. AS did a big build up at PDX with routes and put on a big sales and ad campaign but the passengers blew it off and didnt show up or still funneled through SEA using QX...so.....AS has slowly been wacking off the routes nobody is using. I dont know how PDX/ORD does on a daily basis but I do know that when Im on PDX-ORD its always a noticably lighter load than SEA-PDX. Not that a 1030am departure is very ideal . Merely because AS refuses to have 2 gates at ORD even though they need 2. Its not about the idea that the jet isnt available, its that there isnt any gate space open at ORD if it leaves any earlier

Last edited by ANC; Sep 3, 2014 at 7:18 pm
Old Sep 4, 2014, 12:25 pm

Programs: AS MVPG
Originally Posted by Chugach

That's what I figured but was hoping there was just a schedule mix up. Being PDX base it was nice to have the ex-PDX route build-up while it lasted.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.