Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Carry on size for AA flight operated by Alaska

Old Jul 27, 2014, 10:06 pm
Original Poster

I have luggage that is 10x16x24 that is usually won't be allowed as carry on on other airlines. But I was a little surprised about the relax requirement of Alaska Airlines. I guess maybe my now road-trip luggage will get in the air after all?

It happens that my flight is booked as "American Airline operated by Alaska". I suppose it should still be following the Alaska Airline rule?

I am a little curious that what happens if my flight is cancelled and some how had to be operated by American Airline.
Old Jul 27, 2014, 10:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Carry-on sizes follow the rules of the operating carrier. Marketing carrier and ticketing carrier don't matter. If, for some reason, there's an advanced schedule change and you get reticketed on AA, don't be surprised if somebody insists you check that oversized bag (and pay the applicable fee).
Old Jul 27, 2014, 10:47 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

If its flown by AS, AS rules apply.

IRROPS though would follow the metal.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.