Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 24, 2014, 7:05 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beckoa
Please limit discussion in this thread to upcoming Boardroom(s) to the SEA N Terminals. www.flyertalk.com/forum/alaska-airlines-mileage-plan/1602028-sea-n-gate-saga.html pertains to the actual utility of the N terminal itself.
Print Wikipost

Temporary N BR coming soon?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1, 2014, 8:35 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Haven't heard any updates. I'll be flying thru on the 4th...it'll be closed though
Old Jul 2, 2014, 4:25 am

Programs: Alaska Tanzanite 100K
Ill be at the Sea BR in Thursday and will inquire...
Old Jul 2, 2014, 5:10 am

Programs: AS MVPG, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver
Flew out of N last Friday and it's not open yet. Couldn't see how far along they are, tho.
Old Jul 2, 2014, 5:28 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 75k, UA zilch, IHG Spire, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Plat, Hertz Gold, Avis Presidents
The UA club was a dungeon... but now that it's moved to a light and airy A terminal it's .... lipstick on a pig. Same bare-bones catering and unintelligible staff at the bar. At least the CS agents are nice there.

Looking forward to the new boardroom... might be enough to cause me to pick up the membership..
Old Jul 3, 2014, 11:20 am

Programs: AS MVPG, AA, BA, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Platinum, IHG, Hertz 5*
I'm also flying through SEA thrice next week, and depending on gate assignments for my flights, will try to check it out as well, FWIW.

Anybody going to be in the BR on the 8th, 9th or 11th? I'll be around.
Old Jul 3, 2014, 7:48 pm

Programs: AS 75k, Starwood
I'm hitting the gold level next week and was going to swing by the morning of the 8th and try to check it out. If the BR in N happens, I'm definitely in.

John
Old Jul 3, 2014, 10:56 pm

Programs: Alaska Tanzanite 100K
the Sea BR ladies said around Christmas.. but they have signed the lease on the UA RCC
Old Jul 3, 2014, 10:57 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Originally Posted by UAPremierExec
the Sea BR ladies said around Christmas.. but they have signed the lease on the UA RCC
Woah that got pushed back
Old Jul 5, 2014, 12:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by UAPremierExec
When I asked recently, the BR staffer said " In the fall ..."
Old Jul 5, 2014, 1:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by beckoa

Christmas is only a few short days (very short up your way) after the end of Fall.
Old Jul 5, 2014, 1:34 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K

Christmas is only a few short days (very short up your way) after the end of Fall.

Had a timeline but upon asking yesterday yes December is the current target. However AS is dealing with the P.O.S. though
Old Jul 7, 2014, 2:56 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K UAL Premier Exec
In Seattle BR. Agent just mentioned a November opening.
Old Jul 7, 2014, 4:28 pm

Programs: HH D, AS MM/MVPG for life/AL, Awesome Wipes VIP Club, NEXUS, Hertz 5-Star Gold
Originally Posted by sergad
In Seattle BR. Agent just mentioned a November opening.
Something to be thankful for (even if it's closed on Thanksgiving!).
Old Aug 11, 2014, 5:20 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, AA, BA, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Platinum, IHG, Hertz 5*
I saw the chaos that is the N gates today, but since I had a decent layover, took the train to the Board room and noticed on my way the new one wasn't opened yet and nothing seemed to be happening.

AS can't just waive a magic wand. They have to deal with the POS.
It's this, only worse. In the BR, I asked the attendant about the N Gates temporary BR status. BAD NEWS folks: No temporary BR unless AS can figure something else out. Apparently, the POS told Alaska that they will need that space as meeting rooms, etc for the upcoming construction/renovation of the N terminal and that AS would have to seek other alternatives. The BR agent was clearly beside herself given the dollars AS has spent thus far.

She said AS is bound and determined to have some type of BR by the end of the year, but the alternatives are both limited and smaller than the space they were working on. It definitely sounded like the POS has not given AS much in the way of options and took their biggest one away.

A reminder, however, this was one report from one agent. The other two were busy with other members, so they didn't get a chance to chime in.
Old Aug 11, 2014, 5:33 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver
Originally Posted by pdxasflyer
I saw the chaos that is the N gates today, but since I had a decent layover, took the train to the Board room and noticed on my way the new one wasn't opened yet and nothing seemed to be happening.

It's this, only worse. In the BR, I asked the attendant about the N Gates temporary BR status. BAD NEWS folks: No temporary BR unless AS can figure something else out. Apparently, the POS told Alaska that they will need that space as meeting rooms, etc for the upcoming construction/renovation of the N terminal and that AS would have to seek other alternatives. The BR agent was clearly beside herself given the dollars AS has spent thus far.

She said AS is bound and determined to have some type of BR by the end of the year, but the alternatives are both limited and smaller than the space they were working on. It definitely sounded like the POS has not given AS much in the way of options and took their biggest one away.

A reminder, however, this was one report from one agent. The other two were busy with other members, so they didn't get a chance to chime in.
This seems like classic Dragon gossip. Why would AS start construction only to have it stopped so that the POS can use it as meeting space?

If AS did start work without some sort of contract in place, shame on them; just a poor play on their part for not protecting themselves.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.