Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Club in Las Vegas

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2014, 1:45 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Originally Posted by ANC
Originally Posted by AKDan
. It gives some BR's a run for their money, I think.
Most DL skyclubs make the board room look like a bad joke
You mean the other way around?

Except for the occasional shower I prefer the offerings of AS BR's (*not comparing int'l clubs). Better complimentary beer & wine, and reasonable snacks.
Old May 14, 2014, 4:55 am
Suspended

Programs: DL DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum, etc etc etc
Originally Posted by ANC
Most DL skyclubs make the board room look like a bad joke
The board rooms must be really bad, because most DL skyclubs make a garbage dump look better.
Old May 14, 2014, 4:55 am
Suspended

Programs: DL DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum, etc etc etc
Originally Posted by apodo77
Everything is complimentary. Didn't see all the liquors (big selection) but some were:

Vodka: Absolut and Smirnoff
Bailey's
Jack Daniels
Crown Royale
Scotch: Glenlivet, Dewars, Johnny Walker Red
Thanks
Old May 14, 2014, 12:00 pm
ANC

Programs: AS MVPG, CO, NW(now DL), Flying Blue
Originally Posted by vincentharris
The board rooms must be really bad, because most DL skyclubs make a garbage dump look better.
The board rooms look nice and are well kept appearance wise. I was more so referring to anemities or a lack there of

or is it spelled amenities? I always screw that word up
Old Aug 6, 2014, 4:45 pm

Location: YVR - Vancouver, with most winter weekends in Whistler.
Programs: Aeroplan 35K, Alaska MVP, Marriott Titanium / Lifetime Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
Question: Can you access this LAS lounge, flying in paid domestic First Class on Alaska Air ?

I do not have a Boardroom Membership.

Thanks in advance...
Old Aug 6, 2014, 6:06 pm

Programs: AA EXP (2.5MM), Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by worldtraveller73
Question: Can you access this LAS lounge, flying in paid domestic First Class on Alaska Air ?

I do not have a Boardroom Membership.

Thanks in advance...
By "This LAS Lounge", I take it you mean "The Club"? If so, then no, you cannot access just by having an AS F ticket.
Old Aug 7, 2014, 4:20 pm

Programs: Ikon Pass Full + AS Gold + Marriott Titanium + Hilton Gold. Recovering UA Plat. LT lounge AA+DL+UA
Originally Posted by beckoa
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)
Except for the occasional shower I prefer the offerings of AS BR's (*not comparing int'l clubs). Better complimentary beer & wine, and reasonable snacks.
I totally agree. To differentiate you really have to look at the peripheral lounge features: DL has far more partner lounges than AS, AS lets basic members bring friends/family, and your elite status determines the price with either.
Old Aug 7, 2014, 8:05 pm

Programs: AS, DL, UA, Hyatt, SPG
While I'm notorious for timing my departures out of LAS to the minute - and sometimes a bit too close for comfort (my record was walking out of my hotel room at The Mirage 55 minutes prior to take off, and still managing to board with the stragglers)... TheClub@LAS is reason enough to get to the terminal early. This lounge has great friendly staff, great snacks and food, and a nice selection of booze. The showers might come in handy after an all-night marathon poker session before flying to work next morning
Old Aug 8, 2014, 6:07 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 75K, Starwood PLT, Hertz PC
Am I the only one that thinks the AMEX Centurion Lounge @ Las Vegas is better than "The Club"?
Old Aug 10, 2014, 9:51 am
Original Member

Originally Posted by brokenpipe
Am I the only one that thinks the AMEX Centurion Lounge @ Las Vegas is better than "The Club"?
I doubt there is anyone who does not think so.

QL
Old Aug 10, 2014, 9:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
What are the hours for cheese tray and sandwiches? Been here a dozen times. Always indifferent staff and just packaged chips, whole fruit and cookies on offer. This upgraded selection may just be in the evening hours for international departures? Or have people seen it earlier in the day?
Old Jan 6, 2015, 4:32 pm

Programs: free agent
After reading some of the comments on here, I went to "The Club" at LAS today (opposite E2) to try it out and I don't particularly think it's much to write home about.

OK, there's an open bar and there was a reasonable selection of snacks (think: far better than UA/AA clubs, but not as good as DL and certainly nowhere near as good as the Centurion lounge)

The biggest letdown for me was there are no windows in here - there's nowhere in this club where you can see outside. Personally, I'd far prefer to have a couple of cocktails/snacks where I can see the ramp or a runway or something.

And, as others say, walking from one end of T3 to the other is probably a 10 mins walk.

I guess the Amex lounge has completely spoiled me. FWP ...
Old Jan 6, 2015, 9:27 pm

Programs: AS MVP, Hhonors Gold, National Executive, Identity Gold, MLife Gold
Originally Posted by AlphaTango
I guess the Amex lounge has completely spoiled me. FWP ...
Bit more than a 10m walk from that one though, isn't it?
Old Jan 6, 2015, 10:50 pm

Programs: free agent
Originally Posted by OverThereTooMuch
Bit more than a 10m walk from that one though, isn't it?
True, but you can connect airside using the transit. Maybe I was being a bit harsh. In terms of space, drinks and food (the most important things), this lounge was better than most out there. I just wouldn't choose it over the Amex lounge.
Old Jan 6, 2015, 11:31 pm

Programs: AS MVP, Hhonors Gold, National Executive, Identity Gold, MLife Gold
Originally Posted by AlphaTango
True, but you can connect airside using the transit.
Thanks for the tip. I somehow ended up on the godawful shuttle bus last time instead of the tram. That's why I assumed it would be a really long trip.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.