Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Glitch with AA.com: MVPG cannot select MCE seats when using promo code

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Glitch with AA.com: MVPG cannot select MCE seats when using promo code

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2014, 11:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
Thumbs down Glitch with AA.com: MVPG cannot select MCE seats when using promo code

i'm going to book a flight on AA and it is trying to charge me for MCE despite having my AS number in the passenger info page. what gives? did AA quietly take away this access and not tell us???
Old Apr 18, 2014, 11:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
MVP did. Have you tried calling AA to see whats up? I forgot how long ago you became MVPG, is it possible AA just doesn't have the information showing your status? I'm not sure long after a match for partners to see your AS status

AA MCE page still indicates its a benefit for gold and 75K.

AAdvantage® Executive Platinum, AAdvantage® Platinum members and their oneworld® equivalents, as well as Dividend Miles Preferred members* and customers who purchase a full-fare Main Cabin ticket receive complimentary access to Main Cabin Extra seats.

*AAdvantage Executive Platinum, AAdvantage Platinum, oneworld Sapphire and Emerald members. Dividend Miles Chairman's Preferred, Gold Preferred and Platinum Preferred members, Alaska Airlines MVP® Gold and MVP® Gold 75K customers and up to 8 traveling companions on the same reservation.

Last edited by CDKing; Apr 18, 2014 at 11:32 pm
Old Apr 18, 2014, 11:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CDKing
MVP did
i'm gold (status match, but gold nonetheless). what gives?

EDIT:

very interesting bug.

i'm using an AA promo code. when i take the promo code out, MCE charges = $0. with the promo code, MCE charges = $39-41 for t-con flight.
Old Apr 18, 2014, 11:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I was in the middle of editing my initial response because i read MVPG as MVP. Too much Hawaiian sun today. Glad you figured it out.
Old Apr 18, 2014, 11:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CDKing
I was in the middle of editing my initial response because i read MVPG as MVP. Too much Hawaiian sun today. Glad you figured it out.
1st world problems if i have ever heard of one

strange, strange bug. i guess the recipe is to book it with the promo code and see if it will let me select MCE after booking, if not call AA and see if they will do it.
Old Apr 19, 2014, 1:34 am

Programs: Alaska Tanzanite 100K
where is it sunny in Hawai'i? :P Its been crappy cloudy for the past few days in Kona and Ocean View...
Old Apr 19, 2014, 1:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by UAPremierExec
where is it sunny in Hawai'i? :P Its been crappy cloudy for the past few days in Kona and Ocean View...
It was more sun than clouds & rain this afternoon in HNL. Although the sunset was not very nice today as it was last Saturday. Sadly this is my last of 3 mileage run weekends to HNL.

Oh well, once i'm home, i'm MVPG through 2015 and will hopefully be able to keep AA MCE seats for the forseeable future.
Old Apr 19, 2014, 10:47 am

Programs: AS MVPG
I booked tickets through Alaskaair.com on 4/14 for a trip to ICT flying American on the last leg from DFW to ICT. What I found was weird that I was able to change my seat assignments via AA.com using my AA confirmation code into MCE for no charge as an MVP.
Old Apr 19, 2014, 11:58 am
ANC

Programs: AS MVPG, CO, NW(now DL), Flying Blue
Originally Posted by OSUFlyer
I booked tickets through Alaskaair.com on 4/14 for a trip to ICT flying American on the last leg from DFW to ICT. What I found was weird that I was able to change my seat assignments via AA.com using my AA confirmation code into MCE for no charge as an MVP.
I think you made the cut off by a day. I believe it became effective 4/15
Old Apr 19, 2014, 1:02 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AS 100K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat
op, you should probably try to call reservation and let the agent do it manually
Old May 6, 2014, 5:35 pm

Programs: UA Premier Gold (1MM), AS MVP
Ugh

I have just wasted an hour of my life on the phone with AA and AS because like an idiot, I trusted what I read on the internet here:
http://www.alaskaair.com/content/mil...-benefits.aspx
and expected to receive MCE for free as MVP.

An AS phone agent kindly pointed me to the details listed here:
http://www.alaskaair.com/content/mil...eagePlan-elite

<smacking head>

My fault for not reading find print but this April 16 cutoff is something that was mentioned be AA on the phone but I don't remember hearing about it anywhere. Also, I haven't had reason to be on this forum much until I returned to the US.

I dropped to MVP while overseas but will be MVPG again soon. TTL.

Thanks for listening
Old May 6, 2014, 6:13 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Lifetime SkyClub, AS MVP
Originally Posted by GimmeLegRoom
I have just wasted an hour of my life on the phone with AA and AS because like an idiot, I trusted what I read on the internet here:
http://www.alaskaair.com/content/mil...-benefits.aspx
and expected to receive MCE for free as MVP.
That page needs to be updated --- there's a link to it from the second page you cited --- but since it's supposed to summarize the existing benefits that AS elites get on AA it would be nice if it were more accurate.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.