Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

2015 MVP/MVPG/MVPG 75K Qualification Roll Call

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2014, 5:33 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, Alaska Lounge, HHonors Silver, Bonvoy Gold, National Executive
Should hit MVP on partners by the end of April with SEA-LAX DEQM.

Luckily connecting SEA-ORD-CID rather than SEA-MSP-CID will net me more miles as I look to travel with AA more this year.

So, I am guessing MVPG by September. Don't think I'll make it to 90k due to partner usage.
Old Apr 9, 2014, 7:22 pm
ANC

Programs: AS MVPG, CO, NW(now DL), Flying Blue
Well I started off strong but I will be lucky to hit Gold by December 31st at this rate. Will make MVP by the end of summer and hopefully limp to gold the end of the year. Travel slowed down and I have too many huge personal projects going on to have the time or funds for much leisure travel to fill the gaps. Usually we take a paid F trip to Hawaii every year and wont be this year. Instead redeeming an F/J award to ANU. Just hard to tell though. Things could pick up any time. I had my first 7000 miles within 45 days after January 1st then not much else

Last edited by ANC; Apr 9, 2014 at 7:31 pm
Old Apr 9, 2014, 8:31 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold, HHonors Silver, Marriott Titanium (Lifetime Platinum), UA Silver, OW Sapphire
In more control of my travel schedule this year, won't earn 75K this year and that's fine by me. MVP by May and Gold by November, mostly on segments.

The fact that I fly non-rev for fun now does not help in qualifying .

Dave
Old Apr 10, 2014, 4:14 am

Don't mean to be OT, but if you will have 30k in the can, you might try find 2 Transcons for <$500 in the fall to get you to MVPG. I have found the Gold Guest Certs + fee waivers + extra RDM + better UG priority to be well worth it.
Old Apr 10, 2014, 4:53 am

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
Made MVP in February, will make Gold in May and have over 60K booked already. Should make 75K by Q4.
Old Apr 10, 2014, 8:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
I re-qualified for MVP aboard AA171 JFK-LAX on 4/5, in the comfort of flagship first class

So far 100% of miles on partner metal -- DL, AF and AA

Will easily requalify for MVPG, 75K remains a bit out of reach unless I can pick up a cheap J fare for my remaining INTL business trips yet to schedule.
Old Apr 11, 2014, 9:42 am

Programs: AS MVPG 75K, Starwood PLT, Hertz PC
Made MVP back in mid February.

Made MVPG on my flight to BOS (via PDX) this past Monday (04/07), at this rate I'll make MVPG 75K by early August.
Old Apr 12, 2014, 2:22 pm

Programs: AS MVPG
My wife and I will both hit MVP returning from Wichita on 4/29. About 18k on Alaska, the rest on Delta.

My wife will probably hit MVPG this year as she is travelling monthly to MCI or ICT for nursing school but I will probably be 10k short unless I do a MR.
Old Apr 13, 2014, 9:00 am

Programs: AS MVPG 75k, UA zilch, IHG Spire, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Plat, Hertz Gold, Avis Presidents
I hit mvp on feb 5. Gold will happen probably in may though that's not booked yet. Headed out today to asia which will bump up my united status again though.
Old Apr 15, 2014, 8:58 am

Programs: AS; Hyatt; Bonvoy

I passed MVP last month. My current bookings for trips that are already ticketed should take me back to Gold75 later this year - all on AS metal.

But reading some of these posts (MVP by Jan) make me feel like an amateur ...
Old Apr 15, 2014, 10:00 am

Programs: AS MVPG & Board Room, Marriott Silver, Global Entry
I'll hit MVP in July on my way to Vegas (all on AS...a first for me). Still weighting the DTW double EQM MR plus a pop down to SoCal for MVPG to reach that on all AS metal. Too bad the BWI run is double only....or I'd be set.
Old Apr 15, 2014, 10:14 am

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
Originally Posted by AKCuisine
But reading some of these posts (MVP by Jan) make me feel like an amateur ...
I am very sure that some of these are due to the double EQM promotions going on now. Doesn't take much to get to MVP that way.
Old Apr 15, 2014, 9:28 pm

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Originally Posted by BOB W
I am very sure that some of these are due to the double EQM promotions going on now. Doesn't take much to get to MVP that way.
That is true in my case as I did reroute my 2 YVR-LAX RT's in Jan. through SEA and 2 HNL trips through SEA and OAK instead of flying direct out of BLI to get me to MVP earlier than ever. Cost a bit more and certainly took a bit longer but it was well worth a bit of creating routing.
Old Apr 20, 2014, 11:10 pm

MVP by end of January
MVPG mid-March
MVPG 75K on May 1 (BOS-ICN)
Old Apr 21, 2014, 11:37 pm

Programs: MVPG75k-Boardroom, Hilton Gold
MVPG on Sunday

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.