Community
Wiki Posts
Search

OLCI paid upgrade - step-by-step ;-)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2017, 4:00 pm

Programs: QF Plat (One world Emerald) QF Lifetime Gold (One world Sapphire), VA Gold (&there4 SQ partner Gold)
Originally Posted by JHIN
I'm wondering if anyone has used the iOS APP to score an upgrade yet? How did it go?
I will be trying this is about 5 minutes time for tomorrow's PVR LAX flight 273 for 5 pax.

will report bacK!

PS: expert flyer showing :
PVR 5:07p → LAX 6:05p
F7 D7 P7 U7 A0 Y7 Z7 S7 B7 M7 H5 Q0 L0 V0 K0 G0 T0 R0 N0 W0 E0

Last edited by Tomaus; Jul 19, 2017 at 4:02 pm Reason: Adding expert flyer data
Old Jul 19, 2017, 7:18 pm

Programs: QF Plat (One world Emerald) QF Lifetime Gold (One world Sapphire), VA Gold (&there4 SQ partner Gold)
The phone app and indeed web based paid upgrade failed because one of the passengers has a non US passport.

AS will not under any circumstances allow a paid OLCI upgrade on a flight to USA where one or more passengers in booking does not hold US passport.

This is notwithstanding that the passenger(s) in question hold Electronic Travel Authorisations or visas etc.
Old Jul 19, 2017, 7:22 pm

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
Originally Posted by Tomaus
The phone app and indeed web based paid upgrade failed because one of the passengers has a non US passport.

AS will not under any circumstances allow a paid OLCI upgrade on a flight to USA where one or more passengers in booking does not hold US passport.

This is notwithstanding that the passenger(s) in question hold Electronic Travel Authorisations or visas etc.
What is the reason for this..?
Old Jul 19, 2017, 8:22 pm

No reason given other than a vague "systems issues" type response.
Old Jul 21, 2017, 12:05 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
I've had issues checking in on AS international flights with a US Passport. Sometimes it works, sometimes not.

Not sure why.

But OLCI is required to commence to allow upgrades, SDC, etc.

If you get to the checkin desk early, there's a shot of paying for the upgrade there. Good luck ^
Old Jul 21, 2017, 7:25 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by beckoa
I've had issues checking in on AS international flights with a US Passport. Sometimes it works, sometimes not.

Not sure why.

But OLCI is required to commence to allow upgrades, SDC, etc.

If you get to the checkin desk early, there's a shot of paying for the upgrade there. Good luck ^
I have found from time to time that when checked into Alaska and purchasing a ticket sometimes the passport information and known traveler number from your profile don't make it into the reservation. Living in Canada my first flight is always international to Seattle and I have encoutered it quite often. You can always call Alaska to confirm if your passport info is in the reservation. If it is not they can update it while you are on the phone. If you still experience check-in challenges I have found a work around that has been effective for me WHEN you are checking luggage. I have found that when specifying the number of bags at OLCI on an international flight the check-in won't complete and you are asked to see an agent for your boarding pass. IF you specify no luggage during the OLCI process it should complete and give you your online boarding pass. See an agent at the airport who will add the luggage to the reservation and provide receipts. No need to get a paper boarding pasd either.

I had a lot of isdues last year and since following this procesd haven't had any issues since.

Hope this helps.

James
Old Jul 22, 2017, 3:23 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt LT Global Elitist, Bonvyoed LT Titanium, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
Does anyone know if you will be offered an OLCI Paid F upgrade on the Android App? Or Do I need to check in from a computer/web browser?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.