Community
Wiki Posts
Search

OLCI paid upgrade - step-by-step ;-)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6, 2014, 9:51 pm

Originally Posted by JHIN
Is this method upgrade method available on the smart phone app?
Just curious if anyone happens to know the answer to this. I know paid upgrades at check-in are fairly rare, but it would be great to know if checking in via mobile removes the opportunity entirely.
Old Sep 6, 2014, 1:20 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt D
Does any one know how OLCI upgrades work on a multi-segment flight? Normally you have to wait 24 hours before check in - but you will be able to technically check in for the later segment before T24 as a part of the entire itinerary. If upgrade inventory is available will the system let you upgrade if the segment is greater than T24?
Old Oct 16, 2014, 6:52 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by BeverageCart
Just curious if anyone happens to know the answer to this. I know paid upgrades at check-in are fairly rare, but it would be great to know if checking in via mobile removes the opportunity entirely.
Going to bump this question again to see if anyone knows the answer. are paid upgrades at check-in available via the mobile app?

Cheers.
Old Oct 16, 2014, 7:10 pm

Programs: AS MVPG
No they are not available through mobile app. Few weeks back I checked in my parents and they did not sell upgrades through the app. I quickly logged into the AS main website and was able to purchase seats.
Old Oct 17, 2014, 8:32 am

Perfect timing for that question, BRP, because there is a update to the app on it's way that will allow paid upgrades during check in.
Old Oct 17, 2014, 8:43 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by EskimoGirl
Perfect timing for that question, BRP, because there is a update to the app on it's way that will allow paid upgrades during check in.
Thanks for the news, EskimoGirl. Unless it comes by tomorrow evening, though, it will be too late for mrs. brp's Sunday return flight. If we're out and about she'll just have to access the website via the phone browser.

Does the mobile website allow this, or must one go to the full website (and I'm making an assumption here that this follows the AA model where accessing on a mobile device brings up a reduced mobile website with a link to the full site...but that may not be accurate here)?

Cheers.
Old Oct 17, 2014, 1:02 pm

Programs: AS 75k
Originally Posted by brp
Thanks for the news, EskimoGirl. Unless it comes by tomorrow evening, though, it will be too late for mrs. brp's Sunday return flight. If we're out and about she'll just have to access the website via the phone browser.
The Android AS app (don't know about IOS app) received an update to version 2.13.0 yesterday, 10/16/14. The update's WHAT'S NEW description says "During Check-In, see which seats are available in First Class. Minor improvements and bug fixes." which doesn't really seem to add the capability to upgrade to FC. However, one of the app's listed Features is "Upgrade to First Class when seats are available." That would seem to indicate that you could use the app to get an upgrade during check-in, but I'm not sure. Maybe mrs. brp can test it out and let us know.
Old Oct 17, 2014, 1:14 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 75K, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by brp
(and I'm making an assumption here that this follows the AA model where accessing on a mobile device brings up a reduced mobile website with a link to the full site...but that may not be accurate here)?
That's correct.
Old Oct 25, 2014, 9:39 am

Programs: HH-Diamond, Hyatt-Glob, all else dirt level
OLCI for 4

Last year i was able to do paid upgrade for 4 at OLCI. Right now it appears there are only 2 seats avail in First. If there are 4 people on one itinerary and only 2 avail first seats, will OLCI upgrade still show so that at least 2 can upgrade?
Old Oct 29, 2014, 9:45 pm

Originally Posted by EskimoGirl
iOS app has updated in the iTunes store with OLCI upgrade capability:

What's New in Version 3.0.5

• Upgrade to First Class during Check-In. When First Class seats are available for your flight, you'll see an opportunity to do a paid upgrade.
• Name your trips! The ability to rename your trip is back, swipe your trip name to review
• A couple bug fixes too
Old Nov 1, 2014, 2:51 pm

Originally Posted by number21
Does any one know how OLCI upgrades work on a multi-segment flight? Normally you have to wait 24 hours before check in - but you will be able to technically check in for the later segment before T24 as a part of the entire itinerary. If upgrade inventory is available will the system let you upgrade if the segment is greater than T24?
Bumping as I have a similar question too. Wondering if you can check in for the later segment before T24 but also wondering how this would work if the first segment has only economy seating (it's just a short flight, small plane) but the second segment does have a first class cabin. Is it necessary to do separate check-ins to try to get a paid upgrade on the 2nd segment?

Last edited by MAXII; Nov 1, 2014 at 2:59 pm Reason: Needed to clarify
Old Nov 1, 2014, 3:54 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt D
Originally Posted by MAXII
Bumping as I have a similar question too. Wondering if you can check in for the later segment before T24 but also wondering how this would work if the first segment has only economy seating (it's just a short flight, small plane) but the second segment does have a first class cabin. Is it necessary to do separate check-ins to try to get a paid upgrade on the 2nd segment?
A couple days later from the date I first made that post; we were able to upgrade the specific leg we wanted (SMF-SEA-HNL) which was the SEA-HNL segment. IIRC we upgraded at T26 before the SEA-HNL flight time.
Old Nov 1, 2014, 5:03 pm
ANC

Programs: AS MVPG, CO, NW(now DL), Flying Blue
the other day US was selling gate upgrades from RDU to PHL for 77.77. now theres a bargain Thats almost as bad as paying $50 for a 35 minute flight between ANC and FAI
Old Nov 2, 2014, 12:07 pm

Originally Posted by number21
A couple days later from the date I first made that post; we were able to upgrade the specific leg we wanted (SMF-SEA-HNL) which was the SEA-HNL segment. IIRC we upgraded at T26 before the SEA-HNL flight time.
Many thanks - I'm all set to try for a paid upgrade now
Old Nov 9, 2014, 9:51 pm

Programs: UAL, AA, AS, CX
Originally Posted by BeverageCart
iOS app has updated in the iTunes store with OLCI upgrade capability:

What's New in Version 3.0.5

• Upgrade to First Class during Check-In. When First Class seats are available for your flight, you'll see an opportunity to do a paid upgrade.
• Name your trips! The ability to rename your trip is back, swipe your trip name to review
• A couple bug fixes too
I'm wondering if anyone has used the iOS APP to score an upgrade yet? How did it go?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.