AA mileage posting time delay and issues

Old Mar 22, 2014, 4:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Jumbo mas
AA mileage posting time delay and issues

Curious what the experience of others has been re: posting AA flights to AS - typical time? Posting issues? (i.e, did it matter if your number had 7/8/9 digits, added 0s to the front or not, etc.)
Old Mar 22, 2014, 5:50 pm

Programs: DL Plat, AS MVPG, Bonvoy Plat/LT Gold, HH Diamond
While slightly dated (last experience late December), I've had no problems with a dozen or so AA flights posting correctly in the past couple of years. Not as timely as AS flights, as I recall our flights in December took over a week to post. 9-digit numbers entered at booking on the AA site.
Old Mar 22, 2014, 8:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Yeah, a week+ isn't unusual from AA.

8 digit number, no zeros.
Old Apr 6, 2014, 8:51 pm

AA posting time and issues

I have had to file for credit each of my last 6 AA flights (dating back to last fall) until this week. It posted on Thursday for a Monday flight, so only 3 days.
Old Apr 6, 2014, 9:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

My first trips posted in approximately 8 days for each direction.
Old Apr 7, 2014, 9:50 am
Moderator, Delta Skymiles and Mileage Run

Programs: DL Diamond/MM, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
I have noticed they always post on Thursdays for me.
Old Apr 19, 2014, 1:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
My first trips posted in approximately 8 days for each direction.
My second trip has not posted (16 days already on the outbound, 14 for the return) so I submitted the online mileage request. # was definitely in there properly because the airport kiosk showed me as AS MVPG on the screen.
Old Apr 19, 2014, 5:11 pm
ANC

Programs: AS MVPG, CO, NW(now DL), Flying Blue
for me its both extreme ends of the spectrum they either post as quick or even quicker than AS flights OR I have to email boarding passes. THey never just post slowly. After a week I email
Old Apr 19, 2014, 7:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
i had to mail in BP yesterday, for two flights taken on 4/5. my previous trip on AA took only 2 days to post. to my knowledge in both cases the AS MP# was entered in the same way, though to be fair I did book the flights thru two different channels -- the one that posted correctly was booked from Concur while the one that did not post was booked from AA.com.
Old Apr 20, 2014, 12:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
Normally my AA segments post within a week, but this month, something strange: I flew a five-segment AA/AS trip, the first segment posted within four or five days, and all the rest are missing in action after 2+ weeks. Mailed BPs, etc. in today.
Old Apr 20, 2014, 12:19 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines MVP Gold 75K
AA Mile Posting Delay

I'm starting to shift my int'l travel away from DL and recently flew AA business class to China with miles credited to my AS account. I'm used to DL miles posting within a week or two but it seems to be taking longer for AA. What have people been experiencing as far as typical posting times?

BTW, the flight was okay. AA's ground staff in Chicago were either surly or indifferent. The in-flight service was mixed, with some FAs having a good attitude and others not so much.
Old Feb 28, 2018, 1:39 pm

I flew 3 segments on AA metal back in Dec 2017 (Dec 15th and 20th, both domestic and TATL), which never posted to my AS account. I waited the requisite period of time, then submitted a claim, provided my BP's etc.

Back on Jan 18th, I received an email from AS saying that, "Thank you for contacting Alaska Airlines Customer Care. Your flights are now posted. You are welcome to view your online activity by logging in to your My Account profile at www.alaskaair.com."

However, the flights weren't actually posted. Instead, they were (and continue to be) listed in my account's activity section as "partner pending", with the proper AA flight numbers, city pairs, and dates.

I've re-reached out to AS via phone and email multiple times, and while they expressed the right emotive tone (I'm Gold 75k), the situation still isn't resolved and now we're well over two months out from the date of travel.

Any suggestions as to how I can get these three AA flights to ever switch from partner-pending to actually being posted in my account?
Old Feb 28, 2018, 7:51 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Originally Posted by IAATM
Any suggestions as to how I can get these three AA flights to ever switch from partner-pending to actually being posted in my account?
I'd called Mileage Plan and ask a) why these flights are still pending and b) when it will be fixed. If you don't get a satisfactory answer, ask for a supervisor and retry.
Old Mar 1, 2018, 5:42 pm

Done, thanks. Said they'll research it and get back to me at some point in the future..............

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.