Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

The Consolidated Alaska Airlines Flash Sale thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 18, 2014, 2:35 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: IceTrojan

Fast Dash Sale FT Procedures & Information:

• Please post in this thread if you encounter a Fast Dash Sale that is live.
  • Please limit discussion in this thread to expired/previous offers, and speculation to when the next dash may be.
  • Sales tend to last two hours, starting at 11 AM PDT/PST and ending at 1 PM PDT/PST
  • Generally are on Wednesdays, but not every week nor month
  • Short hops and transcons have appeared
  • Sometimes announced via twitter, but visible on AS' homepage
  • Remember one can always cancel within 24 hours
  • Fares still eligible for upgrades and can be combined with companion certs too.

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2014, 1:17 pm
Original Poster

http://www.alaskaair.com/content/dea...114_SALE_2HR||

Run and get a great fare to fly from Portland to Atlanta, San Francisco, San Jose, or Washington D.C.—starting at $55 one way*. Travel from Portland on Thursday, Friday, or Saturday, and return to Portland on Monday or Tuesday. Imagine a southern winter walk, or a California getaway. Why not grab a trip to go see friends or family? Book your flight by 1:00 pm on January 14, 2014 for travel between January 16, 2014 and January 21, 2014. Ready. Set. Fly.
Old Jan 14, 2014, 1:36 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver
There's no same day turn on PDX - ATL - PDX, correct?

That wouldn't be too bad of a mileage run at about 4.5 cents/mile. Ha -- don't even bother to price SEA - PDX into any of these trips.

I do really like this idea. Well done, AS!

Last edited by MonThruThurs; Jan 14, 2014 at 1:41 pm
Old Jan 14, 2014, 2:15 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Expired.

Oh well- nothing from ANC it seems.
Old Jan 14, 2014, 2:39 pm

Programs: WN CP, WN A-List Preferred, AS MVPG 75k, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Thanks for the heads up. I managed to get in on a PDX-DCA-PDX for $99 each way. I'll go visit some of the museums I skipped last time I was there.
Old Jan 14, 2014, 9:44 pm

Are these flash sales fairly new ? I have never heard of them before.

$99 Transcons are certainly MR worthy.
Old Jan 14, 2014, 10:22 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by Orwaid
Are these flash sales fairly new ? I have never heard of them before.

$99 Transcons are certainly MR worthy.
I haven't seen one before announced like this.
Old Jan 14, 2014, 10:54 pm
Original Poster

The comments seem to suggest this was the second. Glad someone was able to take advantage of it! I suspect they are testing response. Keep an eye out for more!
Old Jan 15, 2014, 8:47 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines, SPG, Marriott Rewards
did they send an email out announcing this? wish I hadn't missed the sale!
Old Jan 29, 2014, 12:09 pm

Programs: DL GM
Flash Sale SEA/PDX to MSP,COS,SAT, or OMA until 1pm PST Jan 29

http://www.alaskaair.com/content/dea...129_SALE_2HR||

Run and get a great fare to fly from Seattle or Portland to Minneapolis, Colorado Springs, San Antonio, and Omaha—starting at $79 one way*. Travel to your destination or return to the northwest on a Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, or Saturday. Imagine a winter walk in fresh Colorado air, or a Texas getaway. Why not grab a trip to go see friends or family? Book your flights by 1:00 pm on January 29, 2014 for travel between February 1, 2014 and February 28, 2014. Ready. Set. Fly.
Terms:
Fare Rules: Purchase by 1:00 p.m. (PT) on January 29, 2014. Travel is valid Monday through Saturday from February 1, 2014 through February 28, 2014. Bag fees apply for checked baggage.
Terms and Conditions: Seats are limited and may not be available on all flights or all days. Bag fees apply for checked baggage. An additional VAT fee from $2.15 (CAD) per bag for bags checked in Canada may apply. For travel solely within the state of Alaska, customers may check up to three bags free of charge. Additional fees apply to check more than three bags or overweight or oversized items. These fares are nonrefundable and are only available on Alaska Airlines. A ticket purchased at an Alaska Airlines airport location or through one of our reservation call centers will cost $15.00 more per person than the advertised fare. Applicable fare and tax differences apply to any changes made after ticketing. A $125(USD) change fee per person applies to changes made within 60 days of ticketed travel. The change fee is waived when travel is wholly within the state of Alaska on flights operated by Alaska Airlines. Fares include U.S. government taxes and fees, including the September 11th Security Fee. Canadian and Mexican government taxes and fees that are included in the fares shown are based on the current currency exchange rate and are subject to change. All fares are in U.S. dollars and are subject to change without notice, and other restrictions apply. Some markets may not operate daily service. Some flights may be operated by or in conjunction with Horizon Air, SkyWest, or PenAir all doing business as Alaska Airlines.
Old Jan 29, 2014, 12:35 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver
SEA - SAT is 2.2 cents/mile w/mvpg bonus
Old Jan 29, 2014, 2:26 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, AA, BA, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Platinum, IHG, Hertz 5*
These really need to be communicated better. I have tickets already pdx-msp during the travel period, but a lower fare would have been great. I can't afford to sit at my computer and refresh the AS site every half hour every day to catch these things.
Old Jan 29, 2014, 2:32 pm

Programs: lots of little things
Imagine a winter walk in fresh Colorado air, or a Texas getaway. Why not grab a trip to go see friends or family?
I like how they couldn't come up with anything charming to say about Omaha
Old Jan 29, 2014, 2:38 pm
ANC

Programs: AS MVPG, CO, NW(now DL), Flying Blue
Originally Posted by pdxasflyer
These really need to be communicated better. I have tickets already pdx-msp during the travel period, but a lower fare would have been great. I can't afford to sit at my computer and refresh the AS site every half hour every day to catch these things.
Totally agree
Old Jan 29, 2014, 2:43 pm

Programs: DL GM
Originally Posted by pdxasflyer
I'm not even sure if this was available via the main website. I saw it from Twitter and reposted it here.
Old Jan 29, 2014, 2:48 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, AA, BA, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Platinum, IHG, Hertz 5*
For me (and I might be in the minority), but I'm not a tweeter and don't use Twitter. Facebook I check once or twice a day. Being 'connected' with technology is one thing, being joined at the hip with it is something else.

The link you had took me to AS.com, so have to think it appeared there, too, on their front page. Email still works, so why not notify flyers/customers that way?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.