Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

The Consolidated Alaska Airlines Flash Sale thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 18, 2014, 2:35 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: IceTrojan

Fast Dash Sale FT Procedures & Information:

• Please post in this thread if you encounter a Fast Dash Sale that is live.
  • Please limit discussion in this thread to expired/previous offers, and speculation to when the next dash may be.
  • Sales tend to last two hours, starting at 11 AM PDT/PST and ending at 1 PM PDT/PST
  • Generally are on Wednesdays, but not every week nor month
  • Short hops and transcons have appeared
  • Sometimes announced via twitter, but visible on AS' homepage
  • Remember one can always cancel within 24 hours
  • Fares still eligible for upgrades and can be combined with companion certs too.

Print Wikipost

The Consolidated Alaska Airlines Flash Sale thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2015, 12:31 pm

Programs: DL DM
No SLC !
Old Jan 7, 2015, 12:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
Originally Posted by WinSea
No SLC !
SMF-SEA but i can't fit any more trips right now
Old Jan 7, 2015, 1:35 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
Thanks for the reminder. Booked a few ressies to BWI with a same-day turn.
Old Jan 7, 2015, 1:47 pm

Programs: DL DM, AS MVP, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, SPG Gold, TSA PreCheck
Booked one SMF-SEA trip because I'm already going there every week during the sale :\
Old Jan 7, 2015, 9:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: SBUX Gold
Just a suggestion... perhaps have a consolidated thread so that it pops up onto the My Flyertalk feed when someone posts about the flash sales?
Old Jan 8, 2015, 9:08 am

Programs: AS; Hyatt; Bonvoy
Originally Posted by LAXative
Just a suggestion... perhaps have a consolidated thread so that it pops up onto the My Flyertalk feed when someone posts about the flash sales?
There already IS a thread for Flash Sales Consolidated Alaska Airlines Flash Sale Thread. People just need to USE it.

Don't keep starting new sale threads.

Some folks - like me - have the Consolidated Sale thread set up to send an instant email each time it is updated. But when people start a new thread it usually gets missed until the following day. Or even later.

Please use the existing thread, people.
Old Jan 8, 2015, 9:13 am

Question for the Powers That Be:

Is there a way to get this Consolidated Flash Sale thread pinned to the top of the AS Forum?

Well meaning people keep starting new threads for sales, but those can get missed or overlooked. But if they know this one exists - and if people USE it - then the instant email notifications can keep people updated about sales or price drops.

Each time someone starts a new thread for a sale it's at risk of being overlooked until it's too late. Pinning this one might help people remember to use it.
Old Jan 8, 2015, 10:42 am

Programs: Nada of note these days….
Originally Posted by AKCuisine
There already IS a thread for Flash Sales Consolidated Alaska Airlines Flash Sale Thread. People just need to USE it.

Don't keep starting new sale threads people.

+1 here. I have set up an instant notification on the existing thread.
Old Jan 8, 2015, 11:09 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Or set a reminder as its the same time each week
Old Jan 8, 2015, 11:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Some folks - like me - have the Consolidated Sale thread set up to send an instant email each time it is updated. But when people start a new thread it usually gets missed until the following day. Or even later.

in the WIKI of the existing thread the request IS to start new threads when new sales come available.

Fast Dash Sale FT Procedures & Information:

Please post a new thread if you encounter a Fast Dash Sale that is live.
If this is no longer the wish of the community I have no problem with that, but in fact I was following the request/protocol outlined in the wiki.
Old Jan 8, 2015, 9:08 pm

Question for the Powers That Be:

Is there a way to get this Consolidated Flash Sale thread pinned to the top of the AS Forum?

Well meaning people keep starting new threads for sales, but those can get missed or overlooked. But if they know this one exists - and if people USE it - then the instant email notifications can keep people updated about sales or price drops.

Each time someone starts a new thread for a sale it's at risk of being overlooked until it's too late. Pinning this one might help people remember to use it.
I agree - every week I go looking for this Wiki - sometimes I find it- other times I find the other ones. Would be much better if it was pinned and everyone just used it, instead of creating a new one each week (IMHO) ^^^
Old Jan 9, 2015, 2:00 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by JPat

+1 here. I have set up an instant notification on the existing thread.
I understand your angst with this- but there are also ways to set alerts for threads in a whole forum. And if someone includes sample cities & a deadline (noon) for ticketing in a title, that gets my attention moreso than just a bump of a larger thread. Quite a bit of discussion occurs in the consolidated thread after the deal is done. Perhaps we should adopt titles for flash sales similar to the mileage run deal forum.

Originally Posted by PV_Premier
in the WIKI of the existing thread the request IS to start new threads when new sales come available.

If this is no longer the wish of the community I have no problem with that, but in fact I was following the request/protocol outlined in the wiki.
And this can be discussed/modified as needed. It is a wiki after all. But I like the aforeoutlined procedure of new threads being merged in. Gets the alert down and reduces the noise in the consolidated thread.
Old Jan 9, 2015, 5:23 pm

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by beckoa
I understand your angst with this- but there are also ways to set alerts for threads in a whole forum. And if someone includes sample cities & a deadline (noon) for ticketing in a title, that gets my attention moreso than just a bump of a larger thread. Quite a bit of discussion occurs in the consolidated thread after the deal is done. Perhaps we should adopt titles for flash sales similar to the mileage run deal forum.

And this can be discussed/modified as needed. It is a wiki after all. But I like the aforeoutlined procedure of new threads being merged in. Gets the alert down and reduces the noise in the consolidated thread.
^ I think.... I like new threads started with each sale, then merge them when it is over. Just easier finding the beginning and ending of something current, as opposed to trying to find where the last sale ended, and the new one started. Especially with something as short lived as these sales.
Old Jan 10, 2015, 5:49 pm

Originally Posted by beckoa
I understand your angst with this- but there are also ways to set alerts for threads in a whole forum.
I do have an alert set to send a daily email update showing new threads on the AS forum as well as those that have been updated. I also flag individual threads in various forums so that daily emails are sent if there have been updates to the thread.

Result? An average of 30 to 40 email updates from FlyerTalk that arrive during the night.

Do I want to get an instant email notice every time someone adds a new thread to the AS forum or updates an existing thread? Nope. Sorry, but I'm not that much of a geek ... and I get enough spam as it is.

But I would like to have a way of receiving a single, instant email notification of a thread that's important - eg: notice of a new flash sale.

That's all. I'm probably out-voted by those of you who live on FT via your computer or phone, so be it.
Old Jan 10, 2015, 6:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

is there a way to set up a poll to vote on the best practice for this issue? i really don't care either way. i just want to follow the protocol and do the thing that is the best for the community as a whole.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.