Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Where were you on the upgrade list for your Delta flight?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9, 2015, 9:37 pm

Programs: AS MVP, HH Gold, IHG Gold, AA Plat
DL 1444 SEA-DTW - Upgraded
DL 320 DTW - EWR - 8/8

I was upgraded at the gate for my SEA-DTW flight
Old Aug 16, 2015, 5:08 pm

DL832 DCA-SLC 3/4 didn't clear.
DL779 SLC-LAS 1/1 cleared sometime during the first flight.
Old Aug 16, 2015, 11:44 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 75K, DL Gold, Hilton Gold
So, I have flown Delta about a dozen times in the last two months, booking with my AK 75K mileage plan number. I have come to view the notion of AK elites getting a shot at upgrades as a real joke.... not even close on any flights. Is it just me?

And, what annoys me more... on two occasions, I have been on the upgrade list - once actually 1 off the top. And when I dont get upgraded, as usual, I board and find that dead heading pilots are seated in first class.... really?

Has anyone else seen this? Is it indicative of DLs customer service mindset that pilots are more important that us lowly Alaska elites?
Old Aug 17, 2015, 1:33 am

Programs: AS MVPG
Originally Posted by LaneW
And, what annoys me more... on two occasions, I have been on the upgrade list - once actually 1 off the top. And when I dont get upgraded, as usual, I board and find that dead heading pilots are seated in first class.... really?

Has anyone else seen this? Is it indicative of DLs customer service mindset that pilots are more important that us lowly Alaska elites?
Planes can go without elites, but not without pilots

Did you ask them if they were dead heading? Lots of flight crews have elite status, they may have been higher than you on the upgrade list. Their employer (not all pilots in uniform work for the airline they are flying on) may have also paid for F. Not that uncommon, and basically impossible to determine by just looking at them. There is/was a thread in the Delta forum about such speculation but it is full of misinformation and guessing.
Old Aug 25, 2015, 11:17 am

Programs: Alaska 100K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia

Sea-oak 8/25 14/37 gold
Old Aug 25, 2015, 11:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
8/4 SMF-MSP, not on list automatically (AF ticket), added by agent, 8/8 for 1 seat

8/13 LAX-SMF, again not on list automatically (AF ticket), 2/2 for 0 seats
Old Aug 30, 2015, 3:12 pm

Programs: Kettle Class
8/23 LGA-TPA, #1 of 1 on DL list; 2 First seats available prior to boarding call. Cleared at the gate.

8/28 TPA-LGA, #4 of 4 on DL list; 3 First seats available at boarding, and obviously no success.
Old Sep 2, 2015, 5:28 am

Programs: MP MVP Gold; Hilton - Gold; Marriott - Silver;
DL1175 MSP-DEN 18/18 on a 7:20am flight. So essentially where I would be as a DL Silver Medallion.
Old Sep 24, 2015, 3:04 pm

Programs: UA MM | BA Silver
09/21/2015 | LAX-OAK | Upgraded at the gate | 75K
09/23/2015 | OAK-LAX | Upgraded at the gate | 75K
Old Sep 24, 2015, 9:31 pm

Programs: AS, DL, UA, Hyatt, SPG
LAX-LAS yesterday. 1/1 and upgrade cleared with the rest of the seats going to commuting non revs.

SEA-YYC last week. 2/3 and upgrade cleared with two seats going out empty.
Old Oct 1, 2015, 4:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
AS Elites and Comfort+ Seats

I'm rather new to this DL upgrade stuff but have a couple of DL flights next Monday afternoon. My booking shows me with a Medallion upgrade request and as a Gold Medallion elite. (F is pretty wide open with only two of 11 seats occupied on both segments, both elite light routes.) I noticed that DL Golds get access to Comfort+ seats for free 3-days out. Does this also apply to AS elites?
Old Oct 1, 2015, 5:11 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Shareholder
I'm rather new to this DL upgrade stuff but have a couple of DL flights next Monday afternoon. My booking shows me with a Medallion upgrade request and as a Gold Medallion elite. (F is pretty wide open with only two of 11 seats occupied on both segments, both elite light routes.) I noticed that DL Golds get access to Comfort+ seats for free 3-days out. Does this also apply to AS elites?
No. It just shows AS MVPGs/75Ks as GMs, even though we don't get Comfort+ seats or the same upgrade window as GMs.
Old Oct 1, 2015, 6:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
8/22 - SMF-LAX Upgraded at gate x 2 pax (both MVPG)
8/23 - LAX-SMF Upgraded at gate x 2 pax (both MVPG)
9/18 - SMF-SEA Upgraded at gate x 2 pax (both MVPG)
9/18 - SEA-ANC Upgraded at gate x 2 pax (both MVPG)
Old Oct 3, 2015, 1:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Thinking of taking DL PDX-SEA-PSC next month since it is a bit cheaper and gets me the same 2000 miles I would get as an MVPG on AS. Has anyone had any luck getting upgraded on these intra-Northwest RJ routes like PDX-SEA?
Old Oct 3, 2015, 3:59 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Lifetime SkyClub, AS MVP
Originally Posted by PDXPremier
Thinking of taking DL PDX-SEA-PSC next month since it is a bit cheaper and gets me the same 2000 miles I would get as an MVPG on AS. Has anyone had any luck getting upgraded on these intra-Northwest RJ routes like PDX-SEA?
If you're traveling in B,M or S fare classes on Delta, you'll earn the 2,000 miles. If lower fare classes you'll earn less miles.

Don't forget that AS is giving fare classes bonuses for higher fare class tickets on AS. You might get a fare class bonus from AS for a ticket comparably priced to what Delta is offering.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.