Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

I got/didn't get a MVP/GOLD/75K upgrade on AS (2015)

Old Apr 24, 2014, 2:38 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: dayone
Please post your upgrade successes & failures including:

Date
Route (Please bold if failure)
Flight Number
Status
Add companion if there was one
Time the upgrade cleared or position on waitlist if didn't clear

Examples:

2/2/15 BOS-PDX AS 35 75K Upgrade cleared at T-120 hours
8/1/15 DFW-SEA AS 665 MVPG Didn't clear 4/22 on waitlist
Print Wikipost

I got/didn't get a MVP/GOLD/75K upgrade on AS (2015)

Old Jan 5, 2015, 11:06 pm

MVPG and missed my 1st 2 UGs on SFO-PDX...brutal route lately for UG
Old Jan 5, 2015, 11:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
1/1 SFO-PDX T-72 as MVPG

Looks like my 100% upgrade percentage from 2014 continues into 2015...thanks AS...looking forward to another great year!
Old Jan 6, 2015, 1:38 pm

Programs: DL Silver, AS MVP, UA Silver, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, National Exec Elite
01/12 ATL-SEA - Wait-listed, no U availability at purchase
01/14 SEA-ATL - U upgrade at purchase ($48 premium for H fare over lowest coach)
01/20 ATL-SEA - GGC upgrade at purchase (Lowest coach was eligible)
01/21 SEA-SFO - Wait-listed, didn't want to waste GGC on such a short flight
Old Jan 6, 2015, 3:40 pm

Programs: AS MVPG & Board Room, Marriott Silver, Global Entry
Well, color me astonished!

01/14 DCA-SEA U must have become available as I was upgraded a full 8 days prior to departure. Quite, quite, quite unusual. I will enjoy that as the next day I'm in the back on DL SEA-HKG.
Old Jan 6, 2015, 3:46 pm

Programs: HH D, AS MM/MVPG for life/AL, Awesome Wipes VIP Club, NEXUS, Hertz 5-Star Gold
Originally Posted by 98103
Well, color me astonished!

01/14 DCA-SEA U must have become available as I was upgraded a full 8 days prior to departure. Quite, quite, quite unusual. I will enjoy that as the next day I'm in the back on DL SEA-HKG.
Quite an achievement, indeed! Do you know what fare class that ticket is in?
Old Jan 6, 2015, 4:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
1/9/15 AS769 BOS-SAN. Upgraded at MVPG window. Was U7 now U4.

1/10/15 AS768 SAN-BOS. Was U4 before 75K window and now is U3. Per seat map, Only seats remaining are 1x in row 4 and all the bulkhead seats. If upgrade software does not put me in row 4, i'm set to call in and ask to be moved back to my seat in row 6. There are empty exit rows and all middles are empty on the plane so (exit row only has 1) i will be happier in row 6 than in bulkhead F

I've actually come down with a cold so not sure if i'm going or not. Would book a Sunday saver award home instead but only AA red-eye through MIA is available.
Old Jan 7, 2015, 1:09 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by BOB W
but I just got the notice that my first flight of 2015 has been upgraded to 1D for my flight on Jan. 6, 2015.
How do you like 2D?

1/11/15 ANC-LAS AS 174 75K+companion Upgrade cleared at T-120:18
Old Jan 7, 2015, 8:37 am

I'm super sorry to ask what may be a dumb question, and I normally consider myself rather resourceful in finding answers given the harshness with which most questions on FT are met, but I can't seem to find the answer to this one. How can I see where I stand on the upgrade list more than 24 hours out (aka before I am eligible for check in)? I'm a new MVP75K, so specifically trying to see how I find out my position at T-120 through T-24. I see plenty of posts in this thread of "I was x on the waiting list with x (something >24) hours left," but can't seem to figure out how to see that. I also called the MVP Gold line and the agent said there was no way of seeing that. I've searched "how" in this thread, but that's considered too common a word to be searchable, and I've searched "check" hoping someone may have also asked how one can check their position, but that turned up nothing relevant. So, without killing me for asking, would someone be so kind as to let me know how everyone is doing this?
Old Jan 7, 2015, 9:02 am

Programs: AS MM, MVPGold100k, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by meehgz
I'm super sorry to ask what may be a dumb question, and I normally consider myself rather resourceful in finding answers given the harshness with which most questions on FT are met, but I can't seem to find the answer to this one. How can I see where I stand on the upgrade list more than 24 hours out (aka before I am eligible for check in)? I'm a new MVP75K, so specifically trying to see how I find out my position at T-120 through T-24. I see plenty of posts in this thread of "I was x on the waiting list with x (something >24) hours left," but can't seem to figure out how to see that. I also called the MVP Gold line and the agent said there was no way of seeing that. I've searched "how" in this thread, but that's considered too common a word to be searchable, and I've searched "check" hoping someone may have also asked how one can check their position, but that turned up nothing relevant. So, without killing me for asking, would someone be so kind as to let me know how everyone is doing this?
Hi there,

Ive been 75k for about 5 years (now 6?) and I have never found a way to see the upgrade list standings prior to checking in. I know that when I post my standing on the list it is when I have checked in for my seat in coach and then gotten upgraded at some point between boarding the plane and 24 hrs out. Congrats on your new status
Old Jan 7, 2015, 9:28 am

Programs: AS MVPG & Board Room, Marriott Silver, Global Entry
Originally Posted by dave1013
Quite an achievement, indeed! Do you know what fare class that ticket is in?
To my surprise, it was booked in Y (it usually is not). Now that it is showing as "U", I'm curious to see if missydarling's software genius colleagues will still grant me the 50% Y fare bonus.
Old Jan 7, 2015, 10:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by CDKing

1/10/15 AS768 SAN-BOS. Was U4 before 75K window and now is U3. Per seat map, Only seats remaining are 1x in row 4 and all the bulkhead seats. If upgrade software does not put me in row 4, i'm set to call in and ask to be moved back to my seat in row 6. There are empty exit rows and all middles are empty on the plane so (exit row only has 1) i will be happier in row 6 than in bulkhead
My upgrade for 1/10 SAN-BOS went through at the MVPG window. I was the only gold upgrade as U only dropped to 3. Stupid system puts me automatically on row 1 but lucky since I was the only one, I was able to grab row 4. Row 1 is completely empty, no one wants it
Old Jan 7, 2015, 11:11 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Originally Posted by ctporter
Originally Posted by meehgz
Hi there,

Ive been 75k for about 5 years (now 6?) and I have never found a way to see the upgrade list standings prior to checking in. I know that when I post my standing on the list it is when I have checked in for my seat in coach and then gotten upgraded at some point between boarding the plane and 24 hrs out. Congrats on your new status
My experience mirrors this ^
Old Jan 7, 2015, 6:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by beckoa
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

My experience mirrors this ^
Me too...so far in 2014 and 2015 *knock on wood* I have always cleared into F before T-24 so I never make it to the list but since there IS a waitlist from the moment a flight is scheduled, it would be nice if that information was readily available online especially when you're wondering whether or not to give up your waitlist position when a fare drops....why does it have to be such a secret?
Old Jan 7, 2015, 6:28 pm

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Originally Posted by ctporter
Hi there,

Same here. I even called in prior to a flight in Dec. trying to use a GGU (no U space) or trying to see if we should change to a flight that had a lighter elite load as Mr. Fink injured his back and couldn't sit in coach for our upcoming flight. The agents (I called a couple of times from T-72 down to T-24 just before checking in) were great but even they couldn't see where we were on the U/G list. So it seems it can't be done . I have to agree - what's the big secret? Would it lead to too many SDC's perhaps as people try to game an upgrade?
Old Jan 7, 2015, 6:51 pm

Originally Posted by Finkface
Same here. I even called in prior to a flight in Dec. trying to use a GGU (no U space) or trying to see if we should change to a flight that had a lighter elite load as Mr. Fink injured his back and couldn't sit in coach for our upcoming flight. The agents (I called a couple of times from T-72 down to T-24 just before checking in) were great but even they couldn't see where we were on the U/G list. So it seems it can't be done . I have to agree - what's the big secret? Would it lead to too many SDC's perhaps as people try to game an upgrade?
That and the WFBF model (borrowed term from DL forum).

If you need to be in that seat, AS wants you to pay for it. If you don't, they'll sell it to the next customer. If there are seats left over, then you may get lucky.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.