Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

The "What Will Alaska Be Serving In First Class On Your Flight?" DISCUSSION (2014)

The "What Will Alaska Be Serving In First Class On Your Flight?" DISCUSSION (2014)

Old Mar 21, 2014, 11:24 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver
Originally Posted by snicko
AS 524 - Roast beef dip sandwich and a salad.

Same thing that they've been serving on my last 3 flights to / from Burbank this month.

I sense a pattern.. lets hope that April's flight brings a new menu
Sounds messy but delectable. I've got a flight to ORD coming up in a few weeks (all Intl or QX travel until then) and hope to try this out!
Old Apr 3, 2014, 8:29 pm

Programs: AS 75K, BR
Currently on #302 from SEA to SFO. Two surprises this flight:

1. A hot towel after takeoff. (I've never seen one of those on an AS shorthaul. Hoping they keep it up!)
2. A pita pocket stuffed with three falafels served as the meal. The falafels were warm, and it was accompanied by a small romaine salad.

Also, in other news, apparently there is a lime shortage. The FA apologized to everyone who ordered a G&T that they'd come with lemons instead.
Old Apr 4, 2014, 9:36 am

Programs: AS, QF, SK
Originally Posted by stanford737

1. A hot towel after takeoff. (I've never seen one of those on an AS shorthaul. Hoping they keep it up!)
2. A pita pocket stuffed with three falafels served as the meal. The falafels were warm, and it was accompanied by a small romaine salad.

Also, in other news, apparently there is a lime shortage. The FA apologized to everyone who ordered a G&T that they'd come with lemons instead.
Yes, the cost of limes has literally quadrupled over the last 4 weeks. I know a number of bar owners that have been lamenting via Facebook their per case cost on limes of late. I'm not sure what caused it, but it's legit.

Edit: Truth is stranger than fiction! It's the Mexican drug cartels that are behind it. http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...icle-1.1741878
Old Apr 5, 2014, 3:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
I thought the quinoa-chicken salad was pretty decent, and a clever way to avoid wheat gluten. The falafel sandwich sounds pretty good, too.
Old Apr 9, 2014, 3:48 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver
Had a really good meatball sub on AS 22 today. I would have preferred a side salad to the bag of chips, but you can't have everything.

New chocolate, too: Salted Almond.
Old Apr 9, 2014, 5:10 pm

Programs: All Around Nobody
Originally Posted by stanford737

We got the hot towels (maybe a loose description) on AS443 (LAX-SEA) but not on AS478 (SEA-LAX). The latter flight had a much less attentive cabin crew however, not sure if that had anything to do with it.
Old Apr 15, 2014, 9:18 am

Programs: AS; Hyatt; Bonvoy

I've been seeing the warm towels (AKA moist gauze 4x4s) on some shorter flights like ANC to PDX or SEA. It's a nice touch. And today they're serving coffee as a PDB on the SEA-ATL flight.

But I have to respectfully disagree with the poster who liked the meatball sub sandwich & chips. It's been on a couple of my flights this month & I think it's horrid - definitely *not* a first class experience. IMO.
Old Apr 16, 2014, 10:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska Million Miler, United Million Miler, Wyndham Rewards Diamond, Choice Hotels Diamond
They served that meatball sub between SEA and MCI today. Four 50 sized meatballs and a smattering of sauce with a bag of chips. The $6.00 Vietnamese Pork Loin sandwich in the back was the better meal on this flight.

Last night's Barbecued Chicken on the FAI-SEA flight looked and smelled pretty good. I didn't get to eat it though. I was back in row 6 with a pair of binoculars.
Old Apr 17, 2014, 10:32 am

Programs: DL Plat, AS MVPG, Bonvoy Plat/LT Gold, HH Diamond
I had the meatball sub for the first time on the 12:45 SEA-ORD earlier this week. I thought it tasted fine, but was Quizno's on a plate. A side salad or small dessert would have been a nice addition to the chips, thought I'd bet that addition of either would mean loss of the warmed nuts. No chocolate.

On the 8am ORD-SEA now. The breakfast was one of the better airline meals I've had in a while. Eggs scrambled with spinach and diced tomato, with sides of roasted potato sections and a link of sausage. Warmed nuts beforehand. Portion seemed a bit small but was more than I normally eat for breakfast.
Old Apr 18, 2014, 11:48 am

Programs: AS, QF, SK
AS 15 BOS>SEA.

First course was a watermelon salad with feta and arugula, followed by warm dinner rolls. Quite good for airline food.

Main course was a choice of citrus alaskan cod w/ dijon lemon butter sauce and roasted yukon gold potatoes or 4 cheese ravioli. Went with the cod (as did everybody else until they ran out of cod). The swiss chard grew old but the rest of the dish was well-made.

Dessert was a peach pie parfait, which had its high points, but ultimately tasted a lot like whipped cream and pie dust.
Old Apr 19, 2014, 5:58 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Original Poster
IHG Contributor BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

AS222 SEA-SFO 4/15/14 Strawberry yogurt & granola. Really?
Old Apr 20, 2014, 1:38 am

Programs: WN A-List Preferred, AS, DL Kryptonium
AS 470 SEA-LAX 4/15/14 9:05 PM: The AS phone agent said that the flight should have either a turkey or pulled pork sandwich. In reality the meal was a rocky road cookie and another cookie which was referred to as strawberry shortcake but looked to be white chocolate cranberry. The cheese plates sold out in Y, so they wasn't an option on this flight.

One would think that AS could serve a cookie which doesn't contain chocolate. Oatmeal raisin and snickerdoodle would be good choices.
Old Apr 20, 2014, 4:40 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Mmm oatmeal chocolate.
Old Apr 20, 2014, 7:33 pm
ANC

Programs: AS MVPG, CO, NW(now DL), Flying Blue
Originally Posted by Tide_from_PAE
AS 470 SEA-LAX 4/15/14 9:05 PM: The AS phone agent said that the flight should have either a turkey or pulled pork sandwich. .
perhaps they confused AS 470 with QF 470?
Old Apr 20, 2014, 10:46 pm

Programs: All Around Nobody
Originally Posted by Tide_from_PAE
One would think that AS could serve a cookie which doesn't contain chocolate. Oatmeal raisin and snickerdoodle would be good choices.
They do, the cookies rotate. I've had chocolate chip, double chocolate, oatmeal raisin, white chocolate and cranberry, and one that had white chocolate and blueberries (IIRC). In my experience there's always one chocolate chip and one alternating cookie, YMMV.

I'm always willing to take additional cookies

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.