Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

The "What Will Alaska Be Serving In First Class On Your Flight?" DISCUSSION (2014)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The "What Will Alaska Be Serving In First Class On Your Flight?" DISCUSSION (2014)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2014, 11:46 am

Originally Posted by PDXPremier
YUM!
Yeah, it looks really good, it has a crushed cherry tomato sauce on it with fresh arugula and shaved Parmesan on the top. Plus a spinach salad before hand and warm cookies after. People seem to like it.
Old Aug 20, 2014, 6:16 pm

Originally Posted by AS Flyer
If you're traveling this month (Aug), they'll be serving a pretty good cheese tortellini option. It comes with Italian sausage but the sausage is on the side and can be left off if you ask. It's a pretty nice dish.
Just to clarify, this is served on the SEA-MSP flight departing 10:05 AM?? I remember the service on the lunchtime flight to MSP being just a sandwich in the not-so-distant past.
Old Aug 21, 2014, 11:22 am

Originally Posted by sltlyamusd
Just to clarify, this is served on the SEA-MSP flight departing 10:05 AM?? I remember the service on the lunchtime flight to MSP being just a sandwich in the not-so-distant past.
Glad you asked. Sorry for the confusion. After looking it up, apparently, the lunch time flights get a homemade chicken pot pie this month. Sorry for the confusion. The dinner time flight coming home gets the tortellini.
Old Aug 21, 2014, 12:11 pm

Programs: HH Diamond MR PLAT US Gold
Thanks everyone
No I will be traveling Sep-02

It changes every month ??

Thanks

Originally Posted by beckoa
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Not sure there will be a vegetarian option, but AS typically has a fruit & cheese platter for sale in the main cabin. There are no special meals.
If you're traveling this month (Aug), they'll be serving a pretty good cheese tortellini option. It comes with Italian sausage but the sausage is on the side and can be left off if you ask. It's a pretty nice dish.
Glad you asked. Sorry for the confusion. After looking it up, apparently, the lunch time flights get a homemade chicken pot pie this month. Sorry for the confusion. The dinner time flight coming home gets the tortellini.
Old Aug 22, 2014, 1:03 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by ATWBY2020
Thanks everyone
No I will be traveling Sep-02

It changes every month ??

Thanks
It tends to change monthly.... (often a revisitation of a meal 2-3 months ago)
Old Aug 22, 2014, 2:28 pm

Programs: DL DM, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb
ZIH - LAX

8/19 ZIH - LAX 4:30p departure.

Flight noted as 'snack' but received an OK meal. Chicken parmesan or chicken parmesan. Served over pasta (Orecchiette). Small salad with tomato wedges and cucumber, creamy Italian dressing, chocolate/raspberry candy for dessert.

No PDB except for water; rather slow service (2F here) for food and drinks. Meal was satisfactory with pasta being a bit bland with pockets of almost raw garlic. Not enough dressing for all 16 seats; last 2 in row 4 missed dressing (100% load). No salt and pepper catered for flight.

Last edited by owtrspace; Aug 22, 2014 at 4:29 pm
Old Aug 22, 2014, 3:38 pm

Programs: WN CP/A-List, AS MVPG75K
After looking it up, apparently, the lunch time flights get a homemade chicken pot pie this month.
Whose home is the chicken pot pie made in?
Old Aug 22, 2014, 4:19 pm

Originally Posted by tusphotog
Whose home is the chicken pot pie made in?

There's a wise guy in every bunch I was trying to make it sound more appetizing. Truth is though, I think it's pretty decent.
Old Aug 22, 2014, 4:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
There's a wise guy in every bunch I was trying to make it sound more appetizing. Truth is though, I think it's pretty decent.
That's all we ask for here is truth. No hyperbole in the AS forum. EVAR!
Old Aug 22, 2014, 7:20 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanuim/Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Gold, United Silver
LAX-DCA

Anyone know what is served on the Alaska LAX-DCA flights. The flight leaves around 1:00 PM.
Old Aug 23, 2014, 3:55 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by PWMTrav
AS 768 SAN-BOS 5/11 - Breakfast

The best I can do is that it was just OK. The fresh fruit to start was of good quality and plated well. I had the mediterranean scramble - scrambled eggs with spinach, feta, tomato and olive. The texture of the eggs was actually not bad, probably the best I've had on a plane (haven't had eggs on any of my intl J trips). Tasted way too much of kalamata olive for me, though. The potatoes and chicken and apple sausage were good.
I had the same selection last Friday. I actually thought the food was pretty good.
The pastry was just ok though.
Shame there is no ice cream for desert
Old Aug 24, 2014, 11:40 am

SEA-SFO, 6AM departure. Bagel and cream cheese. 2 nuggets of canteloupe and a handful of blueberries. Underwhelming but better than nothing in a shortish flight.
Old Aug 24, 2014, 1:44 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Originally Posted by 3Cforme
Breakfast as served on the 0800 departure ORD-SEA earlier this month. No fruit; no bread options.

Hey there's some salt & pepper ^
Old Aug 24, 2014, 9:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by 3Cforme
Breakfast as served on the 0800 departure ORD-SEA earlier this month. No fruit; no bread options.

Looks good except for that cake thing (polenta?) with tomatoes on it....seems like a better pairing would be the apple pancakes or maybe some hash browns or roasted red potatoes maybe??

Is ORD-SEA not catered like a transcon with the menu and corresponding bread basket and pre-meal fruit plate?
Old Aug 24, 2014, 9:24 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by PDXPremier
Is ORD-SEA not catered like a transcon with the menu and corresponding bread basket and pre-meal fruit plate?
Nope its catered as a mid-con. No menu and typically no appetizer. There have been reports of some kind of dessert plated separately, recently cookies. But that wouldn't apply to breakfast flights

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.