Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

2015 Alaska Airlines First Class Food (REPORTS ONLY from Jan-July, closed to posting)

Old Jan 2, 2014, 10:25 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jackal
This is an archive of reports from January through July of 2015. This thread is closed to posting. Please post your reports and discussion of the First Class food offerings on Alaska Airlines in this thread:

Print Wikipost

2015 Alaska Airlines First Class Food (REPORTS ONLY from Jan-July, closed to posting)

Old Mar 16, 2015, 7:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
3/14
AS 534 SEA-ONT
20:55 departure 2:30 flying time
First Class
PDB: Bottled Water
Meal: "None"
Served: cookies (not all that delicious, kind of underbaked). Asked for cheese plate from Y because was on the run all day and needed actual food, was comped it.
Old Mar 19, 2015, 8:14 am

Programs: AA EXP
Smile 3/17 tus-sea

3/17
AS 641 TUS-SEA
14:05 departure 2:45 flying time (arrived 28 minutes early)
First Class, U
PDB: Bottled Water + open bar
Meal: Lunch
Served: Wedge salad with chicken and bacon

The salad was very tasty. Very surprised about the open bar pdb.
Old Mar 19, 2015, 9:09 am

Programs: UA AS DL Hyatt SPG/Bonvoy HHonors
3/17 sea-sjc

AS 326 SEA-SJC 4:55pm scheduled departure

No PDBs, just water
Cold Asian noodle salad with Edamame

It was fine. Could have used a bit more flavoring and vegetables, it was primarily noodles.
Old Mar 19, 2015, 9:14 am

Programs: UA AS DL Hyatt SPG/Bonvoy HHonors
3/18 sjc-lih

AS 867 SJC-LIH 7am departure

PDB: POG Mimosas only choice offered. FA begrudgingly granted me a cup of coffee ("If I have the time") even though she had a pot brewed and served the pilots

Starter was a few slices of mixed fruit (pineapple, orange, watermelon, maybe 1 or 2 other things) and a frosted scone (which I skipped).

Entrees were described as "eggs with shrimp" or "cheese blintz". When delivered they were rather more similar than described and the cheese blintz came with a helping of scrambled eggs that was as larges as the eggs with shrimp offering, as well as a sausage. The eggs with shrimp didn't have much shrimp or much flavor, and while there was no sausage, there were about 2 small (new?) potatoes.

A couple of hours out, ramekin of nuts.

It was fine, but no standout.
PS: No menus distributed.
Old Mar 19, 2015, 2:32 pm

Programs: AS MVPG
3/17
AS 575 LAX-PDX
1100 departure time
First Class, U
PDB: Bottled Water at seats. Offered additional PDB of choice after boarding.
Meal: Lunch
Served: Wedge salad with chicken and bacon.
Old Mar 20, 2015, 8:33 am

Programs: DL Plat, AS MVPG, Bonvoy Plat/LT Gold, HH Diamond
Date: 3/19
Flight Number: AS 304, SEA-SFO
Time of Departure: 6:40pm
Length of flight: ~ 2 hrs
Pre-Departure Beverage service: water bottles at seat, a second offered
Meal served: Snack was the soba/edamame salad with chicken, heavy on the edamame. I found it fine, though it looked like about half the cabin passed. FA asked for feedback, saying it was the first time she'd served it.
Old Mar 20, 2015, 12:07 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, Alaska Lounge, HHonors Silver, Bonvoy Gold, National Executive
Date: 03/18/15
Time: 12:10PM
Route: SEA-LAX
Class of service: F
Length of flight: 1:50
Meal type: Lunch
Meal: Wedge salad with Chicken, Bacon, Tomatoes, and Blue Cheese. Side of garlic bread.

The bread was tasty, but could have been toastier/crispy. The salad was good, except that I hate blue cheese. I was able to pick most off.
Old Mar 24, 2015, 12:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: SBUX Gold
Date of Flight: March 21
Flight/Route: AS11, EWR-SEA
Departure: 4:55pm
Scheduled length of flight: 6h30m

Pre-Departure Beverage service: Mini bottled water already at seats

Menu text below:
Appetizer Salad
Wild Alaska Hot Smoked Salmon
Santa Barbara Smokehouse
Cucumber and Tomato Salad
Dill Creme Fraiche
Warm Roll with Butter

Choice of Entrees
Beef Short Rib
Bordelaise Sauce
Celeriac Puree
Buttered Haricot Vert

~or~

Pork Chop
White Wine Mushroom Sauce
Red Quinoa and Kale
Buttered Broccolini

We feature wines from Chateau Ste. Michelle

Dessert
Warm Pecan Tart

Old Mar 24, 2015, 5:08 pm

Programs: AS; Hyatt; Bonvoy
Date the flight was taken: 3/24/15
Flight Number and Route flown: AS #120 ANC-SEA
Time of Departure: 10:30 AM
Length of flight: ~ 3.5 hours
Class of service: First

Pre-Departure Beverage service: Water bottles at the seat. No FA was present in the cabin to greet passengers, there was no offer of any PDB, and there was no apparent reason for the total absence of service.

Meal served: Lunch

Description of the meal: The offer was pasta with chicken and a chipoltle cream sauce, served with broccolini. I've had more than my share of insipid airline pasta dishes over the past few months, so I passed.

Instead, I asked if I could have the Fruit and Cheese Plate from Coach. ^

Apparently I wasn't the only person who was not enamoured of the pasta offering, as I saw at least 3 other cheese plates make their way into the pointy end of the plane.

When will AS get the hint that some of their First Class offerings are anything but First Class?
Old Mar 25, 2015, 3:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska Million Miler, United Million Miler, Wyndham Rewards Diamond, Choice Hotels Diamond
Date of flight: March 24, 2015
Route flown: Bellingham to Honolulu
Length of flight: 5:58
Meal served: Dinner
PDB Offered: Water bottle at seat and choice of Mai Tai or Guava Juice

Appetizer: Warm Potato Salad atop Fresh Baby Spinach, Green Onion, Beecher’s Flagship Crumbles. Served with Warm Hawaiian Sweet Roll

Entre Choices:

Trident Alaska Cod with Black Bean Sauce
Steamed Calrose Rice, Yu Choy
or
Kalbi Beef Ribs in a Korean Barbecue Sauce
Wasabi Mashed Potato, Bok Choy with Sesame Seeds

Dessert: Chuckanut Ginger Pear Cheesecake

Comment: The meals for this BLI-HNL flight are catered out of Las Vegas and according to our FA the caterers were (and have been for some time) a bit sloppy. The potato salad had no dressing, and so consisted of cold potato wedges sitting atop a pile of spinach. Nothing special. I used the salt and pepper on the potatoes. The "Warm Hawaiian Sweet Roll" was actually a 10 soft white dinner roll. Overall, lousy as appetizers on a Hawaii flight go. The Beef Ribs were not ribs at all but two pieces of meat that looked more like flank steak. It was a decent portion but the barbecue sauce was so inconsequential in flavor that it may well have been applied with an atomizer. Our FA apologized that the dessert was not as advertised - it tasted more like butterscotch - but overall I thought it was tasty enough. Overall, the FA's great service made up for any catering shortcomings but it is a shame to see Alaska try to provide a good meal and then have it diminished by shoddy catering. It's also worth noting that not one single person in rows 1 or 2 selected the cod. Neither did the two guys behind me.

Last edited by Seat 2A; Apr 8, 2015 at 4:15 pm
Old Apr 7, 2015, 7:14 pm

Programs: AA

Date: 4/6/16
Flight: AS222 (SEA-SFO)
Time of Departure: 7:20am
Length of Flight: 2 hours
Class of Service: F
Pre-Departure Beverage: Bottled water waiting on armrest, no other PDB offered
Meal served: Oatmeal with nuts and fruit

This was a pretty good dish of oatmeal, and the sole meal choice (short flight). The FA took pains to explain to each passenger that it was seasoned with nutmeg and cinnamon, but they didn't particularly stand out to me. If she hadn't said anything I don't think I would have perceived that seasoning at all. However, the fruit and nuts were quite good, and the whole dish, despite its small size, was filling.
Old Apr 7, 2015, 10:48 pm

• 4/6/2015
• 447 LAX to SEA
• 11:50
• 2:15
• First
• Small bottle of water
• Lunch
• Santa Fe style chicken salad
Old Apr 10, 2015, 12:40 am

Programs: WN CP/A-List, AS MVPG75K
4/6 LAX-PDX 11a departure: something that was described as a "taco salad" (IIRC) but it probably was that Santa Fe salad. Opted for the cheese plate and got one at no charge. ^

4/9 PDX-PHX 830p departure: cookie time. I passed. The FA insisted I take the cookies home, so I have a bunch of leftover cookies sitting on my counter.

Originally Posted by seahawkflyer
Second Pro Tip: Pour a little milk on them, stick them out the window for about 10 seconds and you have cookie dough ice cream.
Your plane had windows that open? That woulda been handy tonight at PDX. The plane was a sauna when I got on!
Old Apr 10, 2015, 10:47 am

Programs: AS; Hyatt; Bonvoy
Date the flight was taken: 4/8/15
Flight Number and Route flown: AS #37 MSP-SEA
Time of Departure: Scheduled 4:25 PM (Actual ~ 6:20 PM)
Length of flight: ~ 3 hours

Pre-Departure Beverage service: Water bottles were at the seat. There was no offer of any other PDB.

Meal served: Dinner

Description of the meal: Starter of a side salad with mixed greens and balsamic vinaigrette. Entree was blackened chicken with sauteed spinach. Cookies for dessert.

I asked about coach offerings on that route and was told the grilled cheese was available.

The blackened chicken dish is not one of my favorites, so I opted for the fruit and cheese plate. It was served in the box, but on a tray with cutlery and the side salad.

My apology for not posting about the 3/24/15 AS#28 SEA-MSP flight. It was a late flight and I'd dined on Waji's teriyaki chicken in Seattle before boarding. I dozed through the late night snack that was served in F on that route - it was a long day and I don't recall what was offered.
Old Apr 11, 2015, 8:28 pm

Programs: HH D, AS MM/MVPG for life/AL, Awesome Wipes VIP Club, NEXUS, Hertz 5-Star Gold
Date the flight was taken: 4/11/15
Flight Number and Route flown: AS 76, JNU-SEA
Time of Departure: 1:55 PM AKDT
Length of flight: 1 hour, 57 minutes
Pre-Departure Beverage service: Water bottles distributed after boarding
Meal served: Barbecue sandwich with side of slaw; piece of chocolate
A brief description of the meal: The word "tasteless" pretty much sums it up. Neither the sandwich nor the slaw had much taste at all. I was really surprised how bland the barbecue sauce was.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.