Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

2015 Alaska Airlines First Class Food (REPORTS ONLY from Jan-July, closed to posting)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 2, 2014, 10:25 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jackal
This is an archive of reports from January through July of 2015. This thread is closed to posting. Please post your reports and discussion of the First Class food offerings on Alaska Airlines in this thread:

Print Wikipost

2015 Alaska Airlines First Class Food (REPORTS ONLY from Jan-July, closed to posting)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2015, 2:04 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Date the flight was taken: January 14, 2015
Route flown: SEA-LAS
Class of service: F
Length of flight: 2:00
Meal served: Snack (9:50 AM departure)
A brief description of the meal: Cheese Plate
Old Jan 16, 2015, 4:36 pm

SEA - SFO 1/1/2015 ~10am departure
SFO - SEA 1/4/2015 ~4pm departure

"Snack" both ways was a plastic cup (we've all seen it before) of warm nuts.

Considering I've flown this route often and have often had turkey sandwiches, kale salads, wraps, etc...the nuts were...underwhelming, to say the least.
Old Jan 17, 2015, 10:51 am

Programs: AA

AS 331 SFO-SEA (F)
Jan. 16, 2015
7:16pm (~2hrs)

Food:
- Turkey sandwich with peppercorn cheese
- Coleslaw
- Small chocolate

My drink order:
- Gin & tonic (pre-takeoff)
- Alaskan Amber Ale (dinner)
- Hot tea (descent)

Based on the experience of zs58 I wasn't expecting to be served any meal, so this was welcome. I couldn't find a meal service schedule for AS so I must have lucked out with the departure time.

The sandwich was pretty basic but was served warm, and I'm a pretty big hot sandwich fan so that went a long way. The coleslaw was tasty and there was a good amount of it. The chocolate was oddly mentioned by flight staff on two separate occasions which led me to expect something more substantial than a small wrapped candy, but other than that it was nice.

There was one FA in F and he was very courteous and attentive, offering drinks during pre-flight and descent and regularly checking up. Alaskan Amber Ale was their featured beer and it was pretty enjoyable although on the sweet side. As a mainly economy flier I appreciated my hot tea being a cut above the standard Lipton crap and served in a ceramic mug.

The FA shook hands with and thanked everyone in F upon touchdown—no idea if that's standard practice on AS or what. (Last year I flew this route dozens of times on VX but I'm consolidating on AA so switching to AS for SFO-SEA.) All in all a very pleasant flight despite a delay of about 45 minutes.

Last edited by chrisremo; Jan 18, 2015 at 8:12 pm
Old Jan 17, 2015, 5:57 pm

AS 768 SAN-BOS on 1/15

Breakfast flight. Choices were pancakes with eggs or a quiche. I went with the quiche and it was pretty good. Crust was a little soft, but the texture of the eggs was right, and the bacon and leeks were definitely present. It was served with a grilled tomato and asparagus, which also had good flavor.

The mexican style fruit was better than I expected. A little chili powder on the fruit, which I could take or leave, but it came with a lime wedge that I squeezed over the fruit. Lime and watermelon work really well together. I can't comment on the danish, other than they had cherry, blueberry and cheese. I skipped it, but they smelled really good and a lot of people were going back for seconds.

Oh, and the bowl of nuts that usually precedes dinner was served about 90 minutes before landing as a snack.

Coffee wasn't great, but miles better than the swill DL/AA/US serve in the air. It was a little weak, but it actually tasted like coffee.

This goes down as my best domestic F breakfast. It makes up for my barely edible pasta on AS 769 a couple days before.

Awesome crew, as usual.
Old Jan 18, 2015, 11:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT (2.9+ MM), HH GLD, Hyatt Diamond, SPG PLT
1/17/15

SJC-HNL, AA 837
Departure 9:10 am
Class of Service: F
PDB Offered: Yes, choice of water, oj or "island tropical" (guava + other juices)
Breakfast:

Fruit Plate w/choice of Scone or Sweetroll

Followed by choice of entrees:

Scrambled eggs w/Pan Seared Pork & Sticky Rice

or

Hawaiian Sweet Bread Beecher's Strata w/Purple & Gold Hash

I had the Eggs & Pork - it was fine - but a bit sweet for my taste, esp. at breakfast. The Strata looked like a combination of a quiche/souffle and those who had it seems pretty positive.

Mai Tais & mixed nuts were offered later in the flight - which was a nice refresher since - due to headwinds - it was an almost 6 hr flight!

Also (veering off topic a bit) we were given the regular tablets for movie/tv viewing + had the option of the new online digital "Alaska beyond" The latter worked really well - and had a lot more choices than the tablet.
Old Jan 18, 2015, 6:45 pm

Programs: Alaska Tanzanite 100K
JNU-SEA, ASA 76 18 Jan
Departure 2:05PM
Class of Service: F
PDB Offered: No.. just water on arm rests

Meal: warm turkey sandwich with some type of cole-slaw casserole and a Seattles Chocolate champagne chocolate.

And a fellow FlyerTalker in the row behind me

Old Jan 18, 2015, 7:43 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 75K, DL Gold, Hilton Gold
Date the flight was taken: 1/17/15
Route flown: AUS - SEA
Class of service: First
Length of flight" 4 +
Meal served: Hard to really identify
A brief description of the meal: It was stated by the FA to be some kind of chicken. I was by far the worst thing I have ever eaten - including the potatoes that tasted like malto meal. I was surprised that it was served.
Old Jan 19, 2015, 1:43 pm

Programs: AS MVPG75K, HH Diamond
Date the flight was taken: 1/18/15
Route flown: LAX-PDX
Length of flight" ~2
Meal served: Snack
A brief description of the meal: Polenta with Arugula salad.
I'm getting bored with Alaskan Amber- wish they would switch to a different offering for each season.
Old Jan 19, 2015, 3:26 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, Alaska Lounge, HHonors Silver, Bonvoy Gold, National Executive
Date the flight was taken: 1/11/15 & 1/14/15
Route flown: SEA-SNA & LAX-SEA
Length of flight" 2:10
Meal served: Snack
A brief description of the meal: Chicken Bahn Mi, Champagne Chocolate
One of my favorite FC meals (or coach meals when offered). Chicken was hot, and the veggies cold and crisp.

Same meal on both flights. Both mid-day (12:15pm and 10:40am) departures
Old Jan 19, 2015, 4:06 pm

Programs: HH D, AS MM/MVPG for life/AL, Awesome Wipes VIP Club, NEXUS, Hertz 5-Star Gold
Date the flight was taken: 19 JAN 15
Route flown: SEA-DEN
Length of flight: 2 hrs, 7 min.
Meal served: Breakfast
A brief description of the meal: The Greek Scramble (the only choice available). Scrambled eggs with potatoes, blueberries, a lone half of a strawberry, and a sausage. A good start to the day; wish there would have been more eggs.

[IMG][/IMG]
Old Jan 19, 2015, 7:39 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold, HHonors Diamond
•Date the flight was taken: January 19, 2015, 8am departure
•Route flown: SEA-EWR
•Class of service: First
•Length of flight: 4 hr 40 min
•Meal served: Breakfast.
•A brief description of the meal

Two course breakfast.

First course was "Mexican fruit". Basically slices of pineapple, cucumber, mango (rock hard), and watermelon, sprinkled with spicy and a wedge of lime on the side. Choice of a banana walnut muffin or a scone of some sort.

Second course was a choice of ham & leek quiche or pancakes with some sort of walnut something. I went with the quiche which was delicious and came with two spears of asparagus and a grilled half tomato.

We also had two rounds of nuts and a hot towel just before landing.

All in all, except for the rock hard mango, it was quite tasty.
Old Jan 21, 2015, 7:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT (2.9+ MM), HH GLD, Hyatt Diamond, SPG PLT
Date the flight was taken: 20 Jan
Route flown: HNL-SJC
Length of flight: 4:40
Meal served: Dinner (3:10 pm departure)
A brief description of the meal:
Appetizer: Ruby Red grapefruit & jicama salad w/shrimp and candied macademia nuts
Entree: Red Curry Chicken w/Edamame, Rice & Sauteed snow peas or Mango BBQ Braised Beef Short Ribs w/Mashed Potatoes and Garlic Edamame
Dessert: Cheesecake
Old Jan 21, 2015, 9:27 am

Programs: AS MVPG, Alaska Lounge, HHonors Silver, Bonvoy Gold, National Executive
Date the flight was taken: 1/20/15 & 1/21/15
Route flown: SEA-SNA & SNA-SEA
Length of flight: 2:30
Meal served: breakfast
A brief description of the meal: Greek scramble

Scrambled eggs with tomatoes, spinach and feta, roasted potatoes, a lone sausage link, a few blueberries and a piece of strawberry.

Same meal on both flights, leaving at 0615 and 0700.
Old Jan 21, 2015, 5:42 pm

Programs: DL DM
Finally something other than cod and ravioli!

Salad + beef or pork, cheesecake for desert.

Originally Posted by seat 2a
when and where? Portland to oakland? Seattle to ketchikan?
ewr-sea 01/21

Last edited by beckoa; Feb 1, 2015 at 10:44 pm Reason: clarity
Old Jan 21, 2015, 8:14 pm

Programs: AS MVPG
Date the flight was taken: 17 Jan
Route flown: SEA-LAS
Length of flight: 2:12
Meal served: Snack (6:55pm departure)

A brief description of the meal: The dreaded polenta with red meat sauce and a spinach salad. I must have been hungry because it wasn't too terrible.

Date the flight was taken: 20 Jan
Route flown: SLC-PDX
Length of flight: 1:55
Meal served: Snack (6:35 pm departure)

A brief description of the meal: Turkey and pepper-jack cheese sandwich with a curry salad. Sandwich looked unimpressive but was served nice and hot. Turned out to be quite tasty even though it could have used some tomato/lettuce.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.