Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

2015 Alaska Airlines First Class Food (REPORTS ONLY from Jan-July, closed to posting)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 2, 2014, 10:25 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jackal
This is an archive of reports from January through July of 2015. This thread is closed to posting. Please post your reports and discussion of the First Class food offerings on Alaska Airlines in this thread:

Print Wikipost

2015 Alaska Airlines First Class Food (REPORTS ONLY from Jan-July, closed to posting)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2015, 11:45 am

Programs: SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
July 22, 2015
SAN - SEA
2.5 hr flight
First
Pre Departure: Bottle of water.
Meal: Salad with chicken Cilantro dressing and a piece of bread with oatmeal cookie.
My son was provided with a cheese plate instead at no charge.
Old Jul 23, 2015, 12:48 pm

Programs: Alaska 100K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia
Originally Posted by ken98230
July 22, 2015
SAN - SEA
2.5 hr flight
First
Pre Departure: Bottle of water.
Meal: Salad with chicken Cilantro dressing and a piece of bread with oatmeal cookie.
My son was provided with a cheese plate instead at no charge.
Passed on that. You weren't sitting in 3b were you?
Old Jul 24, 2015, 12:46 am

Programs: SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by lalala
Passed on that. You weren't sitting in 3b were you?

My son and I were in 2A and 2C. My wife was in 3C...which is what I think you meant by 3B.
Old Jul 24, 2015, 8:45 am

Programs: AS
SEA/LAX
July 23
Flt 452
11:10 am

Bottle of water at seat...interesting that it was Alaskan Glacier water,bottled in Chugiak Alaska.( previous flight from ANC?)

Lunch...

Southwest salad with black beans, roasted corn,grilled chicken,topped with shredded cheese and crunchy corn tortilla strips. Creamy cilantro dressing on side.
Large triangular slice of Italian style bread and prepackaged Cougar Mountain brand oatmeal cookie.
Consensus from seat mates ^

Brian and Stephanie (FA's) did a fantastic job. Always good to see them.
Old Jul 24, 2015, 10:15 am

Programs: AS MVP, HH Silver VIP, IHG Platinum, SPG Gold
The same menu/service on

July 21
AS 578
PDX-LAX
2:35 PM

Originally Posted by pcoll
PDB: Bottle of water at seat

Lunch...

Southwest salad with black beans, roasted corn,grilled chicken,topped with shredded cheese and crunchy corn tortilla strips. Creamy cilantro dressing on side.
Large triangular slice of Italian style bread and prepackaged Cougar Mountain brand oatmeal cookie
Old Jul 25, 2015, 10:54 am

Programs: AS MVP, Elevate, AAdvantage, Mileage Plus
AS 313 SFO-SEA 6:45 am

Hot porridge (steel cut oats, golden raisins, cherries, almond slivers), served with fresh fruit bowl (honeydew, apples, grapes, strawberry).

Very nice for a 90 min flight. The almond slivers gave a nice crunch. Porridge could have used a little salt. Fruit was fresh.
Old Jul 25, 2015, 1:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by EIPremier
AS 313 SFO-SEA 6:45 am

Hot porridge (steel cut oats, golden raisins, cherries, almond slivers), served with fresh fruit bowl (honeydew, apples, grapes, strawberry).

Very nice for a 90 min flight. The almond slivers gave a nice crunch. Porridge could have used a little salt. Fruit was fresh.
Sounds good! I'm assuming brown sugar and milk were also included since it was basically a bowl of oatmeal.
Old Jul 25, 2015, 1:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Date: 24JUL15
Flight No.: AS27
Route: ORD-SEA
Dep. Time: 0605
Class: F
Pre-Departure Beverage service: Water bottle at seat, coffee near end of boarding
Meal served: Beef hash and scrambled eggs, fruit, pastry
Brief description: Similar to what others have described. I didn't find it as fatty as some have described. Overall it was good.
Ramekin of nuts: Yes, separate from snack basket
Snack Basket: Yes. Chips, small toblerone bars.

Old Jul 25, 2015, 9:37 pm

Vegans must be in control of the flights I've been on lately - just rabbit food up front (I think they called the last two meals "Golden Beet" salad......a little more substance (or something to pick off the top) would be nice....3 X's on Anc/JNU flights.
Old Jul 25, 2015, 11:05 pm

Programs: AS G75K
7/25
PHX-SEA
6:15 PM
2:30
First
Pre-Departure Beverage: Bottled Water
Meal served: Pasta Primavera, garden salad, roll, cookie

No menus provided as this was the only option on the old 700. Everything was better than expected although the pasta was a little watery.
Old Jul 27, 2015, 7:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
Originally Posted by PV_Premier
4/23 AS361 SMF-SEA 5pm departure

"Cobb" salad, in reality it was not very good. Iceberg lettuce w/ what appeared to be canned chicken, a few slices of HB egg, and a few other random veggies (shredded carrots and cucumbers). Better than nothing, but far and away the least impressive meal/snack I have had on AS. I hope this one doesn't stick around long.

Poor quality salad was offset nicely by copious amounts of Icy Bay (^^^) and great service from FA Alison on this short flight.
This sad salad made a reappearance today on AS402 PDX-SJC. The chicken was of marginally better quality this time around. But all in all still an option I could do without.
Old Jul 29, 2015, 9:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by lattegirl13
Any idea if two meals will be served SEA-PVR, with a stop in SFO? We leave FTA at 7 AM. No connection, but more PX gets on in SFO.
You should get a light breakfast on the SEA-SFO flight and then a full "mid-con" lunch from SFO-PVR which will probably be some type of a salad and cookie.
Old Aug 2, 2015, 10:15 am

Programs: AS; Hyatt; Bonvoy
Date of flight: 7/30/15
Flight and Route: AS #64 ANC-JNU
Time of Departure: 12:20 PM
Length of flight: Approx 1 hour 50 minutes
Class of service: First

Pre-Departure Beverage: Water bottles at the seat, no other beverage offered.

Meal served: Snack

Golden beet salad, with mandarin orange segments (still with seeds), walnuts and arugula, with balsamic vinaigrette on the side. The salad came with a piece of warm focaccia that was very, very good.

The salad itself? Meh. Personally, I think arugula is probably what lawn clippings from a weed-whacker might taste like -- bitter.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.